Why didn't the parents hire someone to watch the children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a question here and I haven't read through the whole thread, yet :D :eek: ... Was this a "swingers" resort/vacation they were on? If so, since when do you take kids to something like that?

Ok, I have a question here and I haven't read through the whole thread, yet :D :eek: ... Was this a "swingers" resort/vacation they were on? If so, since when do you take kids to something like that?

No. It was a family resort.

No. It was a family resort.

Thanks :p So this was a family vacation but they met some swingers at a bar. They should have just left the kids at home with someone else to watch them while they went off to play..

Were the McCanns really swingers?

Did one of the friends admit the vacation was a 'swinging' vacation with the kids?

Seems weird so many swingers would take their children along.

Did one of the friends admit the vacation was a 'swinging' vacation with the kids?

Not to my knowledge. I have never read it anyplace but on this board.

I have a question. I think I've read the McC's had scheduled a sitter or baby listening service or whatever but did they cancel it? If so, when was it canceled?

Really? Any references you could provide? Thanks. :)

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=58107-Maddie

There was also a story from one of the resort workers who had spoken to the McCanns about leaving their children unattended.

http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/331952-100796-0-Crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-Madeleine

"The search for a new personality in the desperate search of the small British four-year-old is complicating even more the McCanns' situation.

The Technical Services Director of the Ocean Club resort, Silvia Batista, affirmed that the same night on which Madeleine disappeared, she in person offered child-minding services "because the hotel is responsible for its clients' children, but they rejected that". Madeleine was seen for the last time on the 3rd of May when she was sleeping next to her siblings in a rented room in a hotel in Praia da Luz, in the south of Portugal. The parents of the little girl are being questioned for having left her alone in that room in order to go to eat with some friends.

According to the director of the hotel, "every month registries of robberies in the area are kept, and we therefore advise the service of a child-minder", but even knowing this, Maddie's parents did not accept it. Batista confirmed in an interview with the website Globo.com that the hotel has been working from the start with the Police to find the little girl. The director added that the room used by the McCann family was closed the first two months, then was opened for 15 days, but was then closed once again. Also, the director of the resort pointed out that in the area there are "many inquisitive people, but they do not disrupt the routine of the place.

"We did not bear the blame for the disappearance of the little girl, it couldn't be said whose fault it was, but certainly not ours", assured the director and indicated that "the parents of the girl that night were very unconcerned", and there was no reason they should not have requested the service of a child-minder.

Not to my knowledge. I have never read it anyplace but on this board.

I have read it on other boards, particularly the Mirror forums, but all it seems to be is rumor. I don't believe it because, for one, who would bring their mother (like Fiona Payne did) on a swinger's vacation?

Oh it is just a hypothesis! But I just can't think of any other reason not to get a babysitter for your kids when the resort has them readily available or to bring your nanny when you are a successful doctor, well educated, you KNOW what can happen when you leave your kids unattended... I mean, they weren't stupid people who just would leave their children unattended for no reason. They didn't want people around for a reason. SOMETHING was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag