Why is LE treating this case different?

In so many of the 'solved years later' cold cases you see on Forensic Files or 48Hours etc it ends up with a witness who said the police never talked to them back then. Or the police didn't follow up on the tip they gave during the investigation. Something along those lines.

Hence, if anyone still thinks the questionnaire is odd, put it in that light. LE said they don't intend to make any mistakes in this case - and that includes failing to talk to everyone and failing to follow-up on tips. They are NOT going to fail at these things.

The questionnaire is to pinpoint timing and actions that people can recall about Kyron and Terri that morning. It's a brilliant move.

Next, the tight-lipped nature of the case in terms of POIs and search details is solely due to sticking to the goal of 'make no mistakes in this case'. They obviously are acting as if they have a person of interest, but they sure aren't going to come out and say it.

What they are willing to say though, is that no one needs to worry about their kid being taken by a stranger at this school. LOW ALARM is what they have said.

LE brought SM in for a 2nd poly, and some have reported issues with cell phone records not matching an expressed alibi. Both of those things indicate SM is being looked at, for a reason.

Every case is unique so saying LE is treating this case differently just doesn't mean anything to me. They are working THIS case the way they need to work THIS case. I think they are doing an excellent job and we all have to be patient as the story unravels.

;)

News Release from: Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office DAY 6 MCSO 1600 HOURS BRIEFING REGARDING CONTIUING SEARCH FOR KYRON HORMAN
Posted: June 9th, 2010 7:32 PM

June 9, 2010
1600 Briefing
Capt. Jason Gates

~snip~

Again, this all about bringing Kyron home. We are doing everything we can logically and legally that we can.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm#kyron

I thought it was weird, in the beginning, LE wouldn't reveal who called 911. They wouldn't answer a question about whether Kyron had special needs, citing something like 'strategic' reasons.

That has been my thought. I believe it has happened before.

They put GPS on Scott Peterson's vehicle.

It would be easier for them to get a warrant to tap the phones, than to bug the house. Especially with the possibility of a ransom call...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back