WHY NO BOOK BY L"FOX"Smit?

Excellent point, Shylock - another reason why Smit couldn't write a book - it would get people thinking.

Originally posted by popcorn
I don't think Smit can write a book if he can't name a suspect. He can only tell you who he thinks it isn't. I don't think he could physically write a book either as his command of the spoken language is less than choice. I'm beginning to think he was hired by Hunter as a ringer or ploy? I'm not sure of the word, but Smit was used. Hunter knew from the get go he was an old timer with inabilities.

Lou is no saint and still wants to cash in, he's been reported to be working on some sort of software which can be more lucerative than a book.

From everything I have read Lou Smit was recruited because he was independent and he had a 90% success rate of solving the 200+ homicides he worked on in Colorado Springs. Unlike so many of the 'experts' who have injected themselves into the case and offered opinions based on second hand information and facsimilies of evidence, his work has been pretty much low key. The most recent article I read about him in the Denver papers described his pursuits as working out at the YMCA and later working on the Ramsey case. He said he had 60 or 70 possible suspects to evaluate and check on.

See, the hardest thing I have trouble believing is that 2 people with the records that John Douglas and Lou Smit would just except money over justice for little girl. I don't really think either would do it. Could anyone prove anything in either's past or work record that would say they might accept a bribe? Could it really have been that much money? With everyone they have supposedly paid off, how much money do they have?Who all have they alledgedly paid off?:(

I don't believe either of them was paid off. It looks to me as if Smit is trying to reprise his most famous case. And I think John Douglas took a position early on and is sticking to it.

Originally posted by Maxi
I don't believe either of them was paid off. It looks to me as if Smit is trying to reprise his most famous case. And I think John Douglas took a position early on and is sticking to it.
I agree. It wasn't about money. It was about E-G-O.

Lou's career is a lot more than the JBR Ramsey case. His strength is in organizing case files, and he is the one they called for cold cases...he was successful because of the way he could analyze evidence from a crime scene.

Lou was instrumental in finding the killer's of Kelsey Grammar's sister in Colorado Springs, in 1975. She was abducted, raped, and murdered. Kelsey was only 20 at the time, and his career had not yet taken off. He flew to Colorado Springs to identify his beloved sister's body, and attended the trial.

It would be a good book--not about the Ramsey case only--but his long, successful career.

Some of the cases:

"Smit's track record includes catching the killer of Karen Grammer --
actor Kelsey Grammer's sister -- a 1975 case he cracked, in part,
by his habit of driving by the crime scene every morning to sip his
coffee, say a little prayer and hope he may notice something he
missed before.

In this case, the scene was an alley. After two or three weeks of
his morning visits, Smit was struck by the idea that the killer,
instead of running out of the alley after the crime, went down the
dead-end to an apartment complex. That seemingly minor notion
led him to solving the case.

Reviewing the files of a 1982 case, he noticed a three-year-old
note from a Florida police officer who said he had caught a man
involved in a shopping-center murder case similar to the one Smit
was reviewing in Colorado Springs. According to the letter, the
man once lived in Colorado.

Smit ran a check, but the man had no Colorado criminal record.
Just to be sure, Smit checked traffic offenses and hit pay dirt.
Three days before the slaying, the man had received a traffic
ticket on the west side of town, placing him near the scene of the
crime.

After a little more snooping, Smit visited the suspect in Florida,
broke the ice with some cigarettes, then bluffed. The man
confessed.

In perhaps Smit's most famous case -- and one with similarities to
JonBenet's -- he cracked the 1991 kidnapping and murder of
13-year-old Heather Dawn Church simply by taking another look
at old evidence.

Studying the case three-and-a-half years later, Smit found two
things: a crime scene photograph showing a window screen
slightly out of alignment and a set of fingerprints taken off the
window that had never been identified. Police had tried to match
the prints, but Smit wanted to try again.

He had them plugged into additional databases. After searches
through more than 90 local and state archives, police agencies in
California and Louisiana showed matches. The fingerprints
belonged to a man living just a half-mile away from the Church
home.

Robert Charles Browne confessed that he killed Heather when
she surprised him during a burglary. The conviction exonerated
the father, Mike Church, who had been under suspicion in the
case. "

(snippet from a new article that didn't identify where it came from)

Originally posted by SisterSocks
Because Blaze, this man is alot smarter than any of the other money hungey fools No intrigue involved just good western common sence. :laugh:

Ok and so that means:?...what?!hello?1; ok SS:read what you posted/wrote and ask yourself "what does this have to do w/JonBenet and finding her killer/monster? and then post/reply if you can?!?! ... IMHO you're bypassing (understandibly) the issue/core reason for what happened(it's common among most to justify what thy can't comprehend because of the tragic trama involved ...) ... ?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back