Why Wasn't JT Looked at More Closely by LE?

Satch

Reaction score
I have often wondered in the case why wasn't JT looked at more closely by the police? Just watched the Lisa Irwin Special, "Taken From Her Crib" On Demand. Really good! I wonder if LE dropped the ball on JT considering that he had a record?

Satch

If you watch the HLN Documentary "Taken From Her Crib" Real Life Nightmare, it will be easier to understand to whom I am referring. WS policy only allows for initials of people until they are noted as suspects and names are published by LE.

Satch

I have often wondered in the case why wasn't JT looked at more closely by the police? Just watched the Lisa Irwin Special, "Taken From Her Crib" On Demand. Really good! I wonder if LE dropped the ball on JT considering that he had a record?

Satch
I agree with you.

Here is an MSM article that discusses this theory:
Five years later: New theories revealed in baby Lisa Irwin’s disappearance

One tip that became public involved a handyman, John “Jersey Joe” Tanko, who had a criminal record and worked in the neighborhood. He dated Megan Wright, who publicly reported her cell phone was called by one of those missing cell phones.

Wright said many other people had access to her cell phone, and she would not make or receive that call.

Police never named Tanko a suspect and said he cooperated with investigators who were satisfied with his answers.

I agree with you.

Here is an MSM article that discusses this theory:
Five years later: New theories revealed in baby Lisa Irwin’s disappearance

One tip that became public involved a handyman, John “Jersey Joe” Tanko, who had a criminal record and worked in the neighborhood. He dated Megan Wright, who publicly reported her cell phone was called by one of those missing cell phones.

Wright said many other people had access to her cell phone, and she would not make or receive that call.

Police never named Tanko a suspect and said he cooperated with investigators who were satisfied with his answers.

You are correct Katy, Tanko was cleared. I don't know why people still consider him a suspect.

I still wonder about him, because of the stolen phones. It just seems so odd that their phones were stolen and then were used to call various petty criminals in the next few days...what are the odds?

And I have an 'unsettled' feeling about many of the cold cases. It seems that in many of the cold case tv shows, when they are finally solved, they often find that the killer was among the original suspects, but was cleared too early.

So just because someone cooperates and gives 'satisfactory' answers does not mean 100% they are innocent. JMO

Whether he was 'cleared' or not, Tanko shows up too many times in this case to be cleared in my mind. I'd certainly like to know what he has to say about the case. He'd be the number one person I'd like to talk to, besides an investigator with knowledge of the case file. Almost 10 years have passed and there has been seemingly no movement whatsoever. Police refuse to comment, and have refused to comment for years. It's disgraceful.

Whether he was 'cleared' or not, Tanko shows up too many times in this case to be cleared in my mind. I'd certainly like to know what he has to say about the case. He'd be the number one person I'd like to talk to, besides an investigator with knowledge of the case file. Almost 10 years have passed and there has been seemingly no movement whatsoever. Police refuse to comment, and have refused to comment for years. It's disgraceful.
In my opinion he wasn't cleared.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288