GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing mental issues here. I seeing callous, cold-hearted evil. These two deserve a long and severe punishment. Murder is not part of a game. For you pleasure. I can only imagine if the victim was my child. Then you might would see vigilante evil.

I just watched this and my first feeling was Anger. Not just anger but good and ticked off. They are spending all this time online and engrossed in the slenderman legend at 12.. 12. Where in the Blue heck is the PARENTS!!!!!! Who was watching, raising these kids?!!!

This poor girl. This makes me furious. F-U-R-I-O-U-S.

I'm not seeing mental issues here. I seeing callous, cold-hearted evil. These two deserve a long and severe punishment. Murder is not part of a game. For you pleasure. I can only imagine if the victim was my child. Then you might would see vigilante evil.

I agree.I also think they thought that being only 12 yrs. old that they would probably only get a few years at a juvenile detention center, so basically getting away with murder and possibly getting out of having to go to school.
I think they should at least get a 30 year jail term with no chance of parole.

(from the link above)

When asked about Slender Man, Geyser said she had never met him but said he watches her and he can read minds and teleport. Geyser said what she did was "probably wrong."

^ Bingo. Untreated mental issues. The 'mythology' of Slenderman is so out there, I cannot imagine a healthy mind, even at that age, imagining it was real. The other one seems to be in charge/giving orders, despite trying to blame her friend. Both of them sound deeply troubled in general.

The problem with these kids is, if they're tried as minors there's a good chance they'll be out in a few years and old enough to be thrown to the wind. At least if tried as adults, they won't be murdering anyone else's kids for a couple decades.

Just to add: I was reading recently on the phenomena of killing teams, comprised of individuals who on their own would likely never commit a murder but as a team gain the courage to go right ahead. Oil and fire, one cop said, to describe it. In this case, the girls clearly support each other when weakness or fear is perceived.

Yes, but the flip side is, if they are tried as a juvenile, they get more rehabilitation services. As an adult, there's little to none provided, whereas the juvenile system does afford more flexibility in sentencing and overseeing treatment. It's a risk no matter which route you take.

Yes, but the flip side is, if they are tried as a juvenile, they get more rehabilitation services. As an adult, there's little to none provided, whereas the juvenile system does afford more flexibility in sentencing and overseeing treatment. It's a risk no matter which route you take.

I don't see mental illness here. I see kids that have been allowed to immerse themselves into this culture, without supervision. Think back to that time in your life when you are obsessed with all things melancholy and sad and emotional and mystical. That is a normal part of a teen girls life, however that is when parents are supposed to be on guard, watching, looking, keeping balance...

I don't think this is mental illness. I think this is teen angst gone awry.

Slenderman is like an urban legend, except unlike the ones we grew up with (ex- the hook-handed guy who killed teens parked at lovers lane spots; the babysitter killer/ghost; etc) he developed online. It's the sort of spooky story kids love to tell each other.

All four of my kids followed the Slenderman "story" for a bit, and it definitely made the rounds at their schools, even down to the first grade. There was even a game that my older kids played, where you walk through a dark forest looking for him (or avoiding him?) but the interest faded fairly fast. One year my oldest teen dressed as him for halloween, because dude is like 6'5" and skinny as a stick so he makes an excellently creepy Slenderman lol.

I don't ever remember part of the story being that you're supposed to go crazy and kill people for him?? The whole point was always that he's scary and to be avoided... :eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see mental illness here. I see kids that have been allowed to immerse themselves into this culture, without supervision. Think back to that time in your life when you are obsessed with all things melancholy and sad and emotional and mystical. That is a normal part of a teen girls life, however that is when parents are supposed to be on guard, watching, looking, keeping balance...

I don't think this is mental illness. I think this is teen angst gone awry.

Rehabilitation isn't solely for mental illness.

They didn't mention mom or dad in the police interviews if they were neglected or abused I would look for at least one of them to bring it up. Also at least one of the girls parents took them skating, let them have a sleepover, showed up/cried in court, etc. I do not want to jump to the conclusion that one or both had a bad home life. They were not properly monitored on the internet, that I do agree with, but to say they were neglected or emotionally abused, I am not going to assume that based on the facts we have.

(from the link above)

When asked about Slender Man, Geyser said she had never met him but said he watches her and he can read minds and teleport. Geyser said what she did was "probably wrong."

^ Bingo. Untreated mental issues. The 'mythology' of Slenderman is so out there, I cannot imagine a healthy mind, even at that age, imagining it was real. The other one seems to be in charge/giving orders, despite trying to blame her friend. Both of them sound deeply troubled in general.

The problem with these kids is, if they're tried as minors there's a good chance they'll be out in a few years and old enough to be thrown to the wind. At least if tried as adults, they won't be murdering anyone else's kids for a couple decades.

Just to add: I was reading recently on the phenomena of killing teams, comprised of individuals who on their own would likely never commit a murder but as a team gain the courage to go right ahead. Oil and fire, one cop said, to describe it. In this case, the girls clearly support each other when weakness or fear is perceived.

Reminds me of the two girls I think in New Zealand? Back in the 50s or 60s, who killed the mom of one of them. They'd developed a whole mythological world of stories as well. Wish I could remember the names, there was a movie based on the case starring a young Kate Winslet.

Reminds me of the two girls I think in New Zealand? Back in the 50s or 60s, who killed the mom of one of them. They'd developed a whole mythological world of stories as well. Wish I could remember the names, there was a movie based on the case starring a young Kate Winslet.

Yes and one of those "girls" is a highly successful novelist today, Anne Perry.
There were insinuations that that murder was based on the two girls lesbian relationship and wanting to be together.

That aside, I think we have to start trying children like this as adults. It is becoming far too prevelant. Yes, I do not doubt that the internet adds to the problem and maybe, and this is still a maybe in my mind, some parental neglect. However, I am tired of excuses. A twelve year old may not grasp every nuance of right and wrong but they darn well know that killing someone is wrong.

Time to stop making excuses for killers regardless of their age and or gender.

Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme. The film was Heavenly Creatures.

I crocheted a slenderman doll for my daughter, since he was all the rage at the time and a jolly good creepy story (like Bloody Mary meets the X Files). He sits on a shelf in my living room and creeps people out, cutely.

My child's been internet savvy since she was 6, and has been trusted to her own computer time since she was 12 (in increasing increments, as she's earned it by not being an idiot). At 15, she's flying solo and comes to me freely with any and all concerns about stuff she encounters. No need for secrecy, in her world.

Thorough my daughter, I have met MANY kids who never watch TV, it's all computers. None of them are idiots, either.

For two girls to think stabbing ANYONE to death, let alone a friend, is "cool" I would suggest there's some --major-- problems in their broader home life that are more at fault than "the internet". I will bet money that neither have a great home life, and are suffering other kinds of neglect, emotional or otherwise. And probably some long-neglected mental/emotional health issues to boot.

Thank you. My son watched slenderman about a year ago. When the kids played it, or something similiar, the goal was to try and obtain a number of envelopes and get through a scary maze without being caught by Slenderman. (a noise gets louder as he gets closer). What I know about Slenderman and Creepy pasta is via YouTube video's.

I find it hard to wrap my mind around 12 yr olds believing slenderman was/is real. I liken it to their still believing Santa is real, or the Easter Bunny is real. Most people are long past believing in fictional characters by the time they are 12.

I agree there is a whole lot more going on with these two than the character Slenderman. There are some serious problems which have minimized and dismissed away with these girls.

All around very sad.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will ask my son for some slenderman links when he gets home from school.

(from the link above)

Better said than I said it.........

Yes and one of those "girls" is a highly successful novelist today, Anne Perry.
There were insinuations that that murder was based on the two girls lesbian relationship and wanting to be together.

That aside, I think we have to start trying children like this as adults. It is becoming far too prevelant. Yes, I do not doubt that the internet adds to the problem and maybe, and this is still a maybe in my mind, some parental neglect. However, I am tired of excuses. A twelve year old may not grasp every nuance of right and wrong but they darn well know that killing someone is wrong.

Time to stop making excuses for killers regardless of their age and or gender.

I think we need to start making parents more responsible for their minor children. Today, kids raise themselves. They have all kinds of access to insane sites and I don't think parents even care who their kids are friends with.

It is funny. People say the 50's were an awful time, but when I talk to people who grew up then, It wasn't. Everyone knew each other, People looked out for other people's kids, You had to be present when you were with people, if you had no money in your pocket you could not spend it or go into debt.

Sure there was crime and horrible people, But as a rule I think society was better because it was connected in a different way. I think that now kids have this disassociation with other humans because the internet dehumanizes people. It has taken the value out of humanness and compassion. In an early mind this is dangerous.

I think that kids today are becoming more and more immunized to compassion and basic morality.

Slenderman is like an urban legend, except unlike the ones we grew up with (ex- the hook-handed guy who killed teens parked at lovers lane spots; the babysitter killer/ghost; etc) he developed online. It's the sort of spooky story kids love to tell each other.

All four of my kids followed the Slenderman "story" for a bit, and it definitely made the rounds at their schools, even down to the first grade. There was even a game that my older kids played, where you walk through a dark forest looking for him (or avoiding him?) but the interest faded fairly fast. One year my oldest teen dressed as him for halloween, because dude is like 6'5" and skinny as a stick so he makes an excellently creepy Slenderman lol.

I don't ever remember part of the story being that you're supposed to go crazy and kill people for him?? The whole point was always that he's scary and to be avoided... :eek:hoh:

I don't remember the part you are supposed to go crazy and kill either... It was 2nd-4th graders in my area who were into slenderman for a bit. Now it's Herobrine for those who are minecraft fans. (another creepypasta character).

I don't remember the part you are supposed to go crazy and kill either... It was 2nd-4th graders in my area who were into slenderman for a bit. Now it's Herobrine for those who are minecraft fans. (another creepypasta character).

I'm so dang tired of herobrine and minecraft songs lol! My younger two "swear" herobrine is real, but only real in the sense that they think he is a secret character hidden in minecraft somewhere by the programmers, and they keep trying to find him in the game lol. Not that he is real as in "real life"

See here is what's funny to me. We all grew up with these kinds of stories, I referenced above a couple I remember - hook hand killer and the babysitter killer ghost (from which came the old line "the call is coming from inside the house!!!"), so stories like Slenderman don't bother me. Or indicate any special or unique problem with "kids these days". We had stories like this long before the internet, and some were far more gruesome.

There's really sometime wrong with this duo - either individually, or the way they relate to each other, to buy into the idea that this character is real. Even my first grader knew, in preschool, via his older siblings, about Slenderman, and knew he wasn't real-real. It's the kind of thing where it's fun/scary for kids to think he COULD be real - like hook hand or babysitter killer. But for ten year olds to actually think not only that he's real, but they should kill for him?? :eek:hoh: it's really similar to the two NZ girls, and their belief in the fantasies they made up together. I'd love to read the psych reports on them.

Thank you. My son watched slenderman about a year ago. When the kids played it, or something similiar, the goal was to try and obtain a number of envelopes and get through a scary maze without being caught by Slenderman. (a noise gets louder as he gets closer). What I know about Slenderman and Creepy pasta is via YouTube video's.

I find it hard to wrap my mind around 12 yr olds believing slenderman was/is real. I liken it to their still believing Santa is real, or the Easter Bunny is real. Most people are long past believing in fictional characters by the time they are 12.

I agree there is a whole lot more going on with these two than the character Slenderman. There are some serious problems which have minimized and dismissed away with these girls.

All around very sad.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will ask my son for some slenderman links when he gets home from school.

That's what the game was, with the maze and envelopes! Now I remember. Thanks!

I'm so dang tired of herobrine and minecraft songs lol! My younger two "swear" herobrine is real, but only real in the sense that they think he is a secret character hidden in minecraft somewhere by the programmers, and they keep trying to find him in the game lol. Not that he is real as in "real life"

See here is what's funny to me. We all grew up with these kinds of stories, I referenced above a couple I remember - hook hand killer and the babysitter killer ghost (from which came the old line "the call is coming from inside the house!!!"), so stories like Slenderman don't bother me. Or indicate any special or unique problem with "kids these days". We had stories like this long before the internet, and some were far more gruesome.

There's really sometime wrong with this duo - either individually, or the way they relate to each other, to buy into the idea that this character is real. Even my first grader knew, in preschool, via his older siblings, about Slenderman, and knew he wasn't real-real. It's the kind of thing where it's fun/scary for kids to think he COULD be real - like hook hand or babysitter killer. But for ten year olds to actually think not only that he's real, but they should kill for him?? :eek:hoh: it's really similar to the two NZ girls, and their belief in the fantasies they made up together. I'd love to read the psych reports on them.

BBM
And these girls were 12 years old even.

Personally I hope these girls are locked up for a good long time.
Once you've crossed that line, that little voice inside you that tells you killing is wrong, the next time it may be easier ; imo.
Not trying to paint these young perps as future killers,but they need to be watched for years to come.
Stabbing is SO up close and personal....what if they had some sort of sick "thrill" from the act ?
All speculation , and I admit my thoughts about this crime are very negative and depressing.
MOO

I guess I'm a little surprised this doesn't happen a lot more often. 12 year olds are SO SUGGESTABLE. Heavens. Look at Hitler Youth.

I guess it's a blessing that despite months of planning and stabbing her 19 times they were only able to injure this girl, who sounds like she'll make a full recovery from this concerted effort to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288