GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How and why do transcripts just disappear?
:rolleyes:

Looks like other documents in the case are being sealed. Search warrants, court text records, victim identification (understandable).

Also 2 new attorneys:
Attorney name Entered
Perri, Jeremy Christian 11-29-2021
Kees, Anna M 11-29-2021

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Now he feels "dehumanized," he told Fox News Digital Wednesday in his first remarks to the media, seemingly surprised that he had visitors.
The two Fox News reporters on the other side of the video screen marked the first visitors he’s seen since the Nov. 21 night of horror. Brooks appeared calm, lucid and took time to answer each question – even repeating reporters' questions and answers at times.

Waukesha parade suspect Darrell Brooks says he feels 'dehumanized,' 'demonized' in first jailhouse interview

Now he feels "dehumanized," he told Fox News Digital Wednesday in his first remarks to the media, seemingly surprised that he had visitors.
The two Fox News reporters on the other side of the video screen marked the first visitors he’s seen since the Nov. 21 night of horror. Brooks appeared calm, lucid and took time to answer each question – even repeating reporters' questions and answers at times.

Waukesha parade suspect Darrell Brooks says he feels 'dehumanized,' 'demonized' in first jailhouse interview

DB said in the documentary video that his addiction to drugs made him feel like he wasn’t a a human anymore. His own words. “Something vile, disgusting, despicable. I could go on, I could use a lot of words, but that is what I became.”

Now his own parade attack has him feeling demonized and like a monster.

See how he does that? It is drugs, or circumstances, or the system, or public perception - failing him. He is quite adept at playing the victim card.

He knows exactly who and what he is.

Terrorism Charge in MI., Not This Case. Why?
Placing here for future reference. An explanation of why the school shooter in Michigan was charged with terrorism. Why was Ethan Crumbley charged with terrorism in Oxford shooting?
@steeltowngirl Thanks for your post w link.:) Briefly: Why? Because as your article says: MI criminal statutes are different from WI's.
Not so briefly. I'll not try to interp. MI. terrorism statute but will refer to stmt by former MI. state’s chief deputy attorney general, who was also formerly a federal prosecutor.
"Michigan, unlike federal law and some states with their own anti-terrorism laws, has a broader definition beyond pressuring or retaliating against only the government with violence."*
WI. criminal code defines "terrorist threats" and penalizes those committing those defined acts** (more in a later post). my2ct.

Last edited:
WI. Crimes. Definition, Penalties.
Altho some ppl suggested DB should face terrorism charges, if the state has one, I’ve missed it. Anyone look more thoroughly, find it?

WI. criminal code defines threats under certain circumstances as "terrorist threats"* and classifies some --- if person making terrorist threat contributes to an individual’s death --- as a Class G felony, w a penalty up to $10,000, prison sentence up 10 yrs, or both.** Textbook example is phoning a business to make bomb threat, then bombing the business bldg.

But afaik, DB did not make any threats. He just drove thru the parade and used vehicle to cause injuries & deaths. No warning or explicit threat. Personally, I don’t see charges being filed under that WI. statute.

WI. first-degree intentional homicide***: "whoever causes the death of another human being with intent to kill that person or another is guilty of a Class A felony.” Conviction of that offense carries life imprisonment penalty.** Six counts. Seems like a better fit to his actions. My2ct.
As always welcoming comment or correction, esp'ly from out legal professionals.

** WI. Statutes. CHAPTER 939.
Classification of Felonies. Penalties.
^ Wisconsin Legislature: 939.50

*** WI. Statutes. Homicide
940.01 First-degree intentional homicide.
^Wisconsin Legislature: 940.01

Clarifying/correcting part of my post 689 above & sorry for any confusion.
"WI. criminal code defines threats under certain circumstances as "terrorist threats"* and classifies some --- if person making terrorist threat contributes to an individual’s death --- as a Class G felony, w a penalty up to $10,000, prison sentence up 10 yrs, or both.** Textbook example is phoning a business to make bomb threat..." <<<that is a terrorist threat.

I should not have included the next phrase about carrying out the threat ("bombing the business bldg"). The action of bombing the bldg would be a separate criminal offense.

IOW the phrase "bombing the business bldg" in my post last night is not part of the crime of terrorist threat. my2ct.

First-degree intentional homicide x 6
bbm Grateful they're using the word "Intentional". Not exactly "premeditated"; but clearly not "accidental". Imo.
@LietKynes Thx for your post w link w this newly filed charge.* Perhaps some consolation for the families that these are Wisconsin's highest homicide charges (no death penalty in WI). Iirc, WI homicide statutes do not refer to premeditation.** My2ct.

Conviction = life imprisonment penalty.**

*** WI. Statutes. Homicide "940.01 First-degree intentional homicide.
"... whoever causes the death of another human being with intent to kill that person or another is guilty of a Class A felony.

First-degree intentional homicide x 6
@LietKynes Thx for your post w link w this newly filed charge.* Perhaps some consolation for the families that these are Wisconsin's highest homicide charges (no death penalty in WI). Iirc, WI homicide statutes do not refer to premeditation.** My2ct.

Conviction = life imprisonment penalty.**

*** WI. Statutes. Homicide "940.01 First-degree intentional homicide.
"... whoever causes the death of another human being with intent to kill that person or another is guilty of a Class A felony.

BBM. This is untrue. His charges are listed in CCAP as "first degree intentional".

DA says Waukesha massacre suspect's release on low bail was due to 'human error' by overloaded staffer

DA says Waukesha massacre suspect's release on low bail was due to 'human error' by overloaded staffer

"That's a mistake. That's human error. It set in motion a chain of events that resulted in a tragedy," said Chisholm.

RSBM

""Chisholm said while it does not excuse Brooks' low cash bail, the assistant district attorney assigned to his case did not have ample time to make a decision," according to WBAL11. "It puts it in context that when you're dealing with high-volume triage and trying to sort what the most serious offense is, get the case in the system and move on to the next one, sometimes errors can occur," he added. "

MILWAUKEE — The Court Commissioner who set the recommended cash bail for the Waukesha Christmas Parade suspect just weeks before the tragedy has been reassigned to non-criminal matters indefinitely.

Court Commissioner Cedric Cornwall will be assigned to small claims or children’s matters from now on. Typically, Cornwall serves on the Children’s Court but was filling in for another commissioner who was on vacation during the Darrell Brooks case.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/waukesha-...ukesha-parade-suspect-reassigned-indefinitely

BBM. This is untrue. His charges are listed in CCAP as "first degree intentional".
@doyoulovemepfg bbm Thx for your post.

Looks like we're saying the same thing about the crim. chgs. DB faces.

From your post: "first degree intentional".
From my post:
"First-degree intentional homicide x 6"
From WI. CCAP, shows 6 counts:
"940.01(1)(a) 1st-Degree Intentional Homicide Felony A" <<< The same WI. crim statute my post quoted & linked to.
From your post:
"first degree intentional".

So I don't see basis for your saying "untrue." I'm confused about what part of my earlier post is "untrue?"

Regardless glad that DB is behind bars and hope he stays there.
My condolences to you, families and all the Waukesha ppl affected.

@doyoulovemepfg bbm Thx for your post.

Looks like we're saying the same thing about the crim. chgs. DB faces.

From your post: "first degree intentional".
From my post:
"First-degree intentional homicide x 6"
From WI. CCAP, shows 6 counts:
"940.01(1)(a) 1st-Degree Intentional Homicide Felony A" <<< The same WI. crim statute my post quoted & linked to.
From your post:
"first degree intentional".

So I don't see basis for your saying "untrue." I'm confused about what part of my earlier post is "untrue?"

Regardless glad that DB is behind bars and hope he stays there.
My condolences to you, families and all the Waukesha ppl affected.
The part I had bolded about the premeditation. "Intentional homicide" here covers premeditation. "Reckless homicide" is what usually does not.

and thank you so much for the well wishes - I have gotten out of town for awhile and am moving out of the downtown area soon for obvious reasons.

Intentional = Premeditated???
The part I had bolded about the premeditation. "Intentional homicide" here covers premeditation. "Reckless homicide" is what usually does not.
and thank you so much for the well wishes....
@doyoulovemepfg sbm for focus and thx for your response.
In plain old, ordinary, conversational English, we may use the word "intentional" interchangeably w. "premeditated" or deliberate, cold blooded, prearranged, etc. Yes, they are synonyms in every day usage, but not in statutory language.

Different states' homicide statutes may assign different meanings to these words, so they do not use them interchangeably or as synonyms. my2cts

WI. crim charge filed against DB = 6 counts of "First-degree intentional homicide" under WI. section 940.01 which reads:
"... whoever causes the death of another human being with intent to kill that person or another is guilty of a Class A felony.”
^
Wisconsin Legislature: 940.01

I hope your move goes smoothly. So sad that you're forced to move.

Brooks charged with victim intimidation

WAUKESHA — The man charged with killing six people and injuring more than 60 at the Waukesha Christmas Parade faces new charges in a Milwaukee County case.

Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, was charged Monday with one count of felony intimidation of a victim, one count of felony intimidation of a witness and one count of felony bail jumping. The first two charges carry up to 10 years imprisonment each — he faces a bevy of additional charges in that including resisting or obstructing an officer, felony bail jumping, second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and battery.

The new charges come in a case from November where prosecutors say Brooks ran over a woman with a red Ford Escape — the same vehicle tied to the Nov. 21 Waukesha Christmas Parade, where Brooks is charged with driving into the parade. In that case, he faces six counts of homicide in Waukesha County, each carrying a life sentence.

According to the criminal complaint filed Monday, using the jail phone, Brooks allegedly told a woman he loved her and wanted to marry her. The criminal complaint says he punched her in the face and ran her over two days earlier.

Prosecutors say Brooks used phone calls from jail to intimidate the woman he’d allegedly run over at a gas station Nov. 2 in Milwaukee. The victim apparently suffered a dislocated left femur and fractured right ankle.

The victim and Brooks spoke Nov. 4. Brooks allegedly told her “I’m sitting up here facing 60 [expletive] years... you have to keep your mouth shut.” He also told her he would likely die in prison and to think of how that would make his mother feel. “This was all stuff you wasn’t thinking about when you opened your mouth,” he said.

Brooks repeatedly called the woman for more than a week, the complaint said.

WAUKESHA — Children’s Hospital shared Tuesday that three children injured in the Waukesha Christmas Parade on Nov. 21 are continuing treatment at Children’s Wisconsin Hospital - Milwaukee.
According to a 2 p.m. update Tuesday, those three children are listed in fair condition. Two other children injured in the parade were discharged Dec. 2, according to Children’s Wisconsin. Those two children are continuing their recovery from home.

Children’s Wisconsin admitted 16 patients after the Waukesha Christmas Parade Nov. 21.

Children’s Wisconsin: Three injured in parade in fair condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member