GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
High school student uses bilingual skills to help those injured in Waukesha Christmas parade tragedy
Xiomara Ciriaco is a student at Waukesha South High School and was attending the annual parade as part of a yearly tradition with her family when they witnessed the incident.

"It was like horrifying," Ciriaco told CBS 58. "Kids, adults and even families that were in the parade together, it was, it was crazy."
Ciriaco said many who were among the injured were Hispanic and needing assistance for language interpretation with first responders.

Xiomara and her brothers are both bilingual and used their language skills to help.

"I did my best," Xiomara said. "I helped this one lady to interpret. I was in the ambulance with her and traveled with her to the hospital and I just stayed there until, like, 10 p.m. to help her translate everything that I could since there was a lot of people and there wasn't a lot of interpreters."

The Women's Center ·
We are currently receiving a higher number of calls from victims experiencing high lethality scenarios who are reluctant to call 911 because they don’t want to be a strain on Waukesha emergency response teams. There is no hierarchy to crisis, to pain, or to trauma. If you are in need of any emergency services do not hesitate to call law enforcement or our 24-hour hotline 262. 542. 3828

The fact he attempted to overrun someone with his vehicle in the past somehow makes me feel even worse. Not sure why. Yes, I totally agree... prison should have been his home years ago.

MOO - I agree. I'd say he didn't 'attempt' but was successful previously since victim ended up in hospital. It seems he was possibly comfortable with this method of attack since this wasn't the first time. Anyone who kills an innocent person is a weak coward. But using a 2K lb vehicle against defenseless dancing little girls and grannies deserves a special place in hell. MOO

Between July 2020 and February 2021, Brooks was in custody awaiting a trial date on a $7,500 bond for shooting at his nephew after a fight over his old cell phone.
The bond was dropped to $500 in February because the courts couldn't give him a trial quickly enough.

He was arrested again on November 2 in Milwaukee for hunting down the mother of one of his children at a hotel, then following her in the street with his SUV and running her over in the parking lot of a gas station after she refused to get in his car.

DailyMail.com obtained copies of his arrest warrant for that incident on Monday which reveal he followed her to a gas station, punched her 'with a closed fist' and then 'ran her over.'

He was arrested and charged with five counts including bail jumping, for having failed to meet the terms of one of his many other sets of bail or probation requirements.

But on November 11, he posted a $1,000 cash bond. By November 19, he was on the streets again and by November 21, behind the wheel of his Ford again.

After Sunday night's massacre, Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office issued a statement conceding the bail that was set was 'inappropriately low.'
Pictured: Driver of SUV that plowed through crowds at Waukesha Christmas parade | Daily Mail Online
update 21:22pm

High school student uses bilingual skills to help those injured in Waukesha Christmas parade tragedy
Xiomara Ciriaco is a student at Waukesha South High School and was attending the annual parade as part of a yearly tradition with her family when they witnessed the incident.

"It was like horrifying," Ciriaco told CBS 58. "Kids, adults and even families that were in the parade together, it was, it was crazy."
Ciriaco said many who were among the injured were Hispanic and needing assistance for language interpretation with first responders.

Xiomara and her brothers are both bilingual and used their language skills to help.

"I did my best," Xiomara said. "I helped this one lady to interpret. I was in the ambulance with her and traveled with her to the hospital and I just stayed there until, like, 10 p.m. to help her translate everything that I could since there was a lot of people and there wasn't a lot of interpreters."

Here we have two polar opposite examples of human beings. The evil driver, who has spent his life causing pain, committing crimes and now he's crushed the hearts of so many. And then Xiomara who immediately used her language skills to offer support and kindness to a victim (likely a stranger) for several hours. I'm thankful there are more Xiomaras in the world. MOO

Waukesha Christmas horror: Milwaukee DA announces internal review of Darrell Brooks bail recommendation

(this one says the 7.5k started at 10k before becoming 500) so even higher to start than daily Mail article
Brooks has multiple pending cases in Milwaukee County – including a 2020 case involving two counts of second-degree recklessly endangering and being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to a spokesperson for Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm. Bail was originally set at $10,000 and later reduced to $7,500, the district attorney’s office said.

(I’m in England but looks like there’s serious problems with bond amounts in US )

So they've decided this is not a terrorist incident. However, does anyone know if they are investigating this as a hate crime? It could possibly explain why he was zig zagging down the parade route.
I am not sure if it would meet the criteria for a hate crime.

Do you think it appears that he was selecting certain victims as he sped down the parade route?

I am not sure if it would meet the criteria for a hate crime.

Do you think it appears that he was selecting certain victims as he sped down the parade route?
Absolutely not. It was completely random, there is no way he would have known some of these little kids that were hit - after seeing some of the fundraisers it sadly appears that many of these families had no connections to each other.

They are saying that domestic terrorism has been ruled out as a motive. I’m ok with trusting that, but it begs the question, did the suspect himself talk and provide a motive? Or are the investigators assuming his motive was fleeing a crime scene?

Absolutely not. It was completely random, there is no way he would have known some of these little kids that were hit - after seeing some of the fundraisers it sadly appears that many of these families had no connections to each other.
After watching the video with the little girl dancing while the SUV sped by I was surprised that he didn’t hit her. If he was trying to take out as many people as possible it seems like he would have.

They are saying that domestic terrorism has been ruled out as a motive. I’m ok with trusting that, but it begs the question, did the suspect himself talk and provide a motive? Or are the investigators assuming his motive was fleeing a crime scene?
BBM I am not sure, but knowing how this police department operates its public communications I know that they would not have put that statement out unless they thoroughly investigated a possible link to terrorism and worked through the night to ensure that they ruled out all possible connections to terrorist groups.

Pictured: Driver of SUV that plowed through crowds at Waukesha Christmas parade | Daily Mail Online

The shamefaced Milwaukee District Attorney's Office admitted on Monday it was 'inappropriate' for convicted felon Darrell Brooks to be allowed out of jail on a $1,000 bond three weeks ago after trying to run over his ex-girlfriend, as he was charged with five counts of murder for the lives he took at the Waukesha Christmas Parade on Sunday night.

Brooks, 39, was taken into custody in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on Sunday night after police found his red Ford SUV parked neatly in a driveway five blocks from where he drove through crowds of kids and elderly dancing groups.

The amateur rapper has a long criminal history dating back to 1999 with more than 15 arrests in the state of Wisconsin alone for charges including possession of drugs, strangulation and suffocation, battery, illegally possessing firearms as a convicted felon and resisting arrest.

On Sunday, he was fleeing the scene of a domestic dispute when he crashed into the crowds after smashing through safety barriers and breezing past cops. One officer tried to stop him by shooting at his car but he stopped because there were too many people around for him to safely fire his weapon.

Same article, differing accounts as to targeting people or honking to have them get out of the way.

Tyler Kotlarek, 28, was watching the parade with family members when they heard what at first sounded like cheering, but then they realized “it was screams,” he said. “It was the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

Mr. Kotlarek said the driver appeared to intentionally steer toward people. That account had not been confirmed by the police.

“He was going from side to side, targeting people,” Mr. Kotlarek said. “The car bombed through. He was flying through there going intentionally from left to right.”
. . .

Tom Hickey, 25, was walking near a friend’s float at the back of the parade when he heard honking behind him. A man wearing a sweatshirt and gray hat who was driving the red Ford Escape was trying to make his way through the crowd, he said. Mr. Hickey said he thought the driver was lost.

Then, the driver took a right turn onto the main parade route, gunned the engine and moved through the parade route at what appeared to be top speed, he said.

“When he made that right turn, that’s when he turned really dangerous,” Mr. Hickey said.

Five Dead in Wisconsin After Driver Plows S.U.V. Into Holiday Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members