GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates on the two other occupants in the vehicle with DB? As far as I know, DB is the only one in custody.

I, too, recall hearing originally when the news broke that 2 others were involved. That news changed to 1, but I never saw any clarification made as to why they originally said there were 2 others.

Oh Dear God! I keep thinking that they needed barriers. But they had barriers...

I think they had the wooden sawhorse type barriers. Bigger cities use concrete “jersey” type barriers. It’s expensive and more labor-intensive, but it will do a better job. But nothing is foolproof. We still have mass shootings.

I think they had the wooden sawhorse type barriers. Bigger cities use concrete “jersey” type barriers. It’s expensive and more labor-intensive, but it will do a better job. But nothing is foolproof. We still have mass shootings.
The barriers they had were the white plastic type ones that were easy to move and set up.

I, too, recall hearing originally when the news broke that 2 others were involved. That news changed to 1, but I never saw any clarification made as to why they originally said there were 2 others.
Eyewitnesses at the scene all said it was one man with dreadlocks. There were never three men, that was a mistake by CBS and NBC that someone had been stabbed and was fleeing the area and ran into the parade, which then turned into a story that DB had been stabbed and carjacked and was forced to drive through the parade. There was a stabbing, but it was a separate incident not connected to DB. The story is here on Heavy.
Darrell Brooks Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
and the tweets that started the mistake
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1462640348044349440
https://twitter.com/jonathan4ny/status/1462602892322476032

Eyewitnesses at the scene all said it was one man with dreadlocks. There were never three men, that was a mistake by CBS and NBC that someone had been stabbed and was fleeing the area and ran into the parade, which then turned into a story that DB had been stabbed and carjacked and was forced to drive through the parade. There was a stabbing, but it was a separate incident not connected to DB. The story is here on Heavy.
Darrell Brooks Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
and the tweets that started the mistake
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1462640348044349440
https://twitter.com/jonathan4ny/status/1462602892322476032

Thank you for this info. I feel the need to unpack the facts behind this case. Probably my own weird way of bringing some sense of order to try to calm the chaos of emotions I’m feeling about this horrific incident. :(

Thank you for this info. I feel the need to unpack the facts behind this case. Probably my own weird way of bringing some sense of order to try to calm the chaos of emotions I’m feeling about this horrific incident. :(
I know what you mean. I think we're all looking for something to allay our fears and make some sense out of this carnage.

That's a hard, sad read.

It is clear he was not just driving fast and subsequently hitting people in his path. He was purposely aiming to hit them.

From the complaint:

The vehicle then got to the intersection of East Main Street and NW Barstow Street, and it appeared the brakes were activated. Office Butryn believed the vehicle was going to come to a stop and attempt to make a right hand turn out of the parade route, onto NW Barstow Street. However, the vehicle then appeared to rapidly accelerate, as Officer Butryn heard tires squeal. The vehicle took an abrupt left turn into the crowd of parade participants. At this point, it was clear to Officer Butryn that this was an intentional act to strike and hurt as many people as possible. Officer Butryn continued to run westbound on East Main Street, trailing the vehicle and its path. He observed the vehicle appeared to be intentionally moving side to side, striking multiple people, and bodies and objects were flying from the area of the vehicle.
…..

Detective Trussoni spoke with multiple citizen witnesses who were present during the parade. One witness indicated, “As I continued to watch the SUV, it continued to drive in a zig zag motion. It was like the SUV was trying to avoid vehicles, not people. There was no attempt made by the vehicle to stop, much less slow down.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn