GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed very determined to know who the plaintiff is and have it on his record. I wonder who is coaching him? He doesn't strike me as a person who is knowledgeable about sovereign citizens. I may be underestimating him.

Exactly!
I recognized the game play that DB exhibits during his days leading up to trial and now. He is classic child-like ODD. (Oppositional Defiant Disorder.) My son was diagnosed with the same in his early childhood, and I recognized the behaviors and button pushing. Judge Darow is attempting to 'treat' his ill behavior by 'rewarding' him with good behavior. Hence the praise and " gold-star" treatment as others here have noted. IMO, this behavior is now embedded in DB at this point in his life, and all the praising is now just reinforcement for his continued erratic and out of control outbursts. Dude will not be cured by the judge. He is testing and toying with her.... More will continue
Very well said!

Exactly!
I recognized the game play that DB exhibits during his days leading up to trial and now. He is classic child-like ODD. (Oppositional Defiant Disorder.) My son was diagnosed with the same in his early childhood, and I recognized the behaviors and button pushing. Judge Darow is attempting to 'treat' his ill behavior by 'rewarding' him with good behavior. Hence the praise and " gold-star" treatment as others here have noted. IMO, this behavior is now embedded in DB at this point in his life, and all the praising is now just reinforcement for his continued erratic and out of control outbursts. Dude will not be cured by the judge. He is testing and toying with her.... More will continue

Old educator, worked with lots of kids with behavior difficulties over the years. Not qualified to deliver a psychiatric diagnosis.

I'm old, remembered that generally ODD children are diagnosed with Conduct Disorder when they are chronologically adults; a high percentage of inmates are diagnosed with Conduct Disorder.

Now, children are diagnosed with Conduct Disorder:

Conduct disorder is a psychiatric syndrome occurring in childhood and adolescence, and is characterized by a longstanding pattern of violations of rules and antisocial behavior.

Specified on the list of criteria:

3. Has used a weapon that can cause serious physical harm to others (e.g., a bat, brick, broken bottle, knife, gun).​

He's been charged with using a vehicle in this way twice.

Does match the defendant as we know him imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

Exactly!
I am thinking that at this point the judge doesn't want a mistrial and is being very careful. Maybe the gold star treatment is an appeal to his ego so he won't pull some nonsense so extreme as to throw a wrench in the gears. Plus I think that it is important for them to mention certain things on the record like him being able to effectively articulate his concerns and to conduct himself appropriately in front of the jury.

He seemed very determined to know who the plaintiff is and have it on his record. I wonder who is coaching him? He doesn't strike me as a person who is knowledgeable about sovereign citizens. I may be underestimating him.
I don’t know if DB is a true sovereign citizen (although, I’d argue there is no such thing), but he claims that he is.

Among Brooks’ many outbursts at trial, he suggests being a sovereign citizen means he’s immune to the rules of the court and the laws in Wisconsin.

"It's a theory that's been rejected for decades and the court properly rejected it here,” he said.

I don’t how many of you watch On Patrol: LIVE, but I watch it religiously. (It used to be known as LIVE PD, but A&E cancelled the show after the killing of George Floyd due to the public’s perception of law enforcement at the time. Dan Abrams and the producers moved the show over to Reelz earlier this year, but they had to change the name.) Anyway, they’ve had several interactions with Sovereign Citizens on the show and every single one has acted like this guy. They are defiant, antagonistic, claim the police has no authority over them, often resist arrest, etc. It’s ridiculous.

Darrell Brooks trial Day 5: Ex-girlfriend testifies

FOX 9 Minneapolis-St. Paul - Oct 7, 2022

Thank you for sharing this. I haven’t had the energy to seek out any of the court video, so It was nice to have it right here to watch.

I give his ex-gf a lot of credit. She’s composed on the stand as he grills her about alcohol in the women's shelter. I could not imagine having to provide testimony directly to the defendant as he pretends to be someone else / legal counsel. Especially to an ex who has been violent, not only with her, but when he mercilessly mowed down innocent people during a parade.

It is grueling to watch DB interrogate her, and - IMO - to re-victimize her.

DB is nauseating.

jmo

‘I Wasn’t Raised That Way’: Darrell Brooks Apologizes to Judge for ‘Emotional’ Outbursts​

Oct 10, 2022
Law&Crime Network
Darrell Brooks apologized to Judge Jennifer Dorow for his "emotional" outbursts last week, citing his "Christian background." "That's not how I was raised. I come from a Christian background. My mother did not raise me that way," Brooks said.

His apology seemed sincere and he was doing so well until the end when he raised the "subject matter jurisdiction." *sigh* I'm cautiously optimistic that there wont' be any further outburts. I also think the apology sounded more like an image management move. Probably he saw the comments/jokes at his expense over the last week and didn't like it.

‘I Wasn’t Raised That Way’: Darrell Brooks Apologizes to Judge for ‘Emotional’ Outbursts​

Oct 10, 2022
Law&Crime Network
Darrell Brooks apologized to Judge Jennifer Dorow for his "emotional" outbursts last week, citing his "Christian background." "That's not how I was raised. I come from a Christian background. My mother did not raise me that way," Brooks said.
I guess his Christian background did not teach him that murder is wrong.

The prosecution is leading witnesses all over the place. Brooks clearly does not understand this and is not objecting properly. I don't think the prosecutor would be leading if there was a competent attorney instead of Brooks. Really dumb for him to represent himself, because I can kind of see how he might have a tiny bit of a defense.

The prosecution is leading witnesses all over the place. Brooks clearly does not understand this and is not objecting properly. I don't think the prosecutor would be leading if there was a competent attorney instead of Brooks. Really dumb for him to represent himself, because I can kind of see how he might have a tiny bit of a defense.
Yeah I noticed this last week too. Clearly he hasn't gotten to the 'leading objections' part in whatever or whoever is advising him. Also, he doesn't seem to understand what 'hearsay' means. Although I have to give him credit for getting that video thrown out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288