GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

I'm watching the whole trial from beginning to end. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.

One thing I don't get is Ezra's motive? Can anyone explain their theories on why she killed Alex? Obviously this was cold blooded murder but what pushed the red button exactly?

I have to agree with you. I don't understand her motives either. The responses from several WS members to your question are good, but even so it's extremely rare for a woman to do this sort of thing.

I have to agree with you. I don't understand her motives either. The responses from several WS members to your question are good, but even so it's extremely rare for a woman to do this sort of thing.
Jason, whose best friend "cheated" on him with EM (whom he'd rejected after her pregnancy and abortion and was not at all the stand up guy he wants everyone to think he is), told her there was a crude message in the men's bathroom at the cafe, so this may have been part of the motive. Plus, Alex didn't back up her rape claim regarding (forgot his name) the third guy she seduced. This angered her and hurt the possibility of reconciliation with her meal ticket, Jason. She might have asked him to back her up, and when he wouldn't, she was enraged. He also might have offended her by saying something cutting to her (like Travis Alexander did to Jodi). Taken together this may have been the motive.

Jason, whose best friend "cheated" on him with EM (whom he'd rejected after her pregnancy and abortion and was not at all the stand up guy he wants everyone to think he is), told her there was a crude message in the men's bathroom at the cafe, so this may have been part of the motive. Plus, Alex didn't back up her rape claim regarding (forgot his name) the third guy she seduced. This angered her and hurt the possibility of reconciliation with her meal ticket, Jason. She might have asked him to back her up, and when he wouldn't, she was enraged. He also might have offended her by saying something cutting to her (like Travis Alexander did to Jodi). Taken together this may have been the motive.

I know everyone involved personally, and I like Jason, but I don't know anything about the abortion thing so I'll not speak on something I know nothing about. However, I can tell you, I was very close friends for a few years with the guy who supposedly raped EM. He is the kind of person to absolutely despise media attention and I wouldn't be shocked if he moved and changed his name. I really hope he's doing ok. He had enough going on in his life (nothing of his own doing, just circumstances regarding important aspects of life) without some crazy sociopath coming in to make things worse.

Everyone knows she lied about this to try and get Alex and Jason to feel bad for her. She's entirely off of her rocker. I also can't speak on the supposed crude message in the cafe, but multiple things lead me to believe this message didn't exist or if it did, it didn't exist long, because that place has pride in its upkeep. It'd be painted over ASAP if it did exist.

Knowing Alex and knowing the third guy involved as I did, I bet they were close friends bc their interests were very similar, and Alex believed him over her for sure. He already had clues she was ummmm unwell so. Yikes.

Alex was a kind and smart dude. Super fun to chat with at the bar when he'd come in with his books. He finally got away from his family just to reach such a terrible fate, it makes me so upset. I pray for peace for him.

I know everyone involved personally, and I like Jason, but I don't know anything about the abortion thing so I'll not speak on something I know nothing about. However, I can tell you, I was very close friends for a few years with the guy who supposedly raped EM. He is the kind of person to absolutely despise media attention and I wouldn't be shocked if he moved and changed his name. I really hope he's doing ok. He had enough going on in his life (nothing of his own doing, just circumstances regarding important aspects of life) without some crazy sociopath coming in to make things worse.

Everyone knows she lied about this to try and get Alex and Jason to feel bad for her. She's entirely off of her rocker. I also can't speak on the supposed crude message in the cafe, but multiple things lead me to believe this message didn't exist or if it did, it didn't exist long, because that place has pride in its upkeep. It'd be painted over ASAP if it did exist.

Knowing Alex and knowing the third guy involved as I did, I bet they were close friends bc their interests were very similar, and Alex believed him over her for sure. He already had clues she was ummmm unwell so. Yikes.

Alex was a kind and smart dude. Super fun to chat with at the bar when he'd come in with his books. He finally got away from his family just to reach such a terrible fate, it makes me so upset. I pray for peace for him.
So Monica Kay is where she is supposed to be then.

Ezra McCandless’ lawyers this week filed a motion for a new trial, ticking off a laundry list of things they said were problematic with her first case.

A jury in Dunn County convicted McCandless of stabbing her boyfriend, 24-year-old Alex Woodworth, to death during a fight four years ago.

She’s serving a life sentence but can ask for parole in 2070.

McCandless claims she killed her boyfriend in self-defense.

Sounds like someone is regretting testifying on their own behalf and wants a do-over.

Why does she get so much attention and since when is hair dye allowed in prison?

Friday morning, Judge Peterson said her counsel left no stone unturned and no argument unmade.

"It's hard to imagine this defense team characterized as ineffective," he said.

He also said the evidence of guilt was "overwhelming" and that there is no doubt that she killed Woodworth "in the most brutal way."

I'm watching the whole trial from beginning to end. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.

One thing I don't get is Ezra's motive? Can anyone explain their theories on why she killed Alex? Obviously this was cold blooded murder but what pushed the red button exactly?

I just watched some of this for the first time too & came here with the exact same question!

The prosecution said she wanted to 'force Alex to admit their relationship had been a mistake,' but that doesn't make any sense. If she was done dating Alex, there's no reason she needed him to agree.

There was so much absurd cheating & lying going on here, it's hard to follow all the threads... is it possible that Jason (the BF she wanted back) didn't know her involvement with Alex had been consensual & she wanted to keep him from finding out? Or did the facts show Jason was aware of the truth even before Alex was killed?

The part with Jason coming around to Alex's house before the murder & then telling them to go somewhere public makes it sound like he had an idea what she was up to... Maybe she'd told Jason she was going to do it, like to prove her love to him / so he didn't have to fear she'd ever be with Alex again?

Just MOO / speculation/ wondering what you all who know the facts have to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back