GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

JMO but I see her as the dominant one in this relationship. I think it was her who opening the door to the dark world. I don't believe a word she is saying. This is so rehearsed.

Sooooo rehearsed. I was surprised the defense attorney was allowed to ask so many leading questions. It made it clear just how much they had rehearsed it together, IMO.

Here is the thing... Alex didn’t charge her or threatened her. While I wouldn’t like knives around me while being intimate, seems like she and Alex pushed the envelope sexually. I wonder what would have happened if she had simply said, “stop”. It is like her sensitivity went into overdrive and she stabbed.

ETA- I don’t want this post to come across as if she really was a victim of SA that she asked for it or did something to aggravate it. Not in any way. I just didn’t hear that Alex was that predatory in his demeanor.

Last edited:
Observation: During direct examination, she phrased all answers in complete sentences, basically repeating the question. On cross, she doesn't do this at all (but does elaborate when she feels it will suit her).

Did she say they lay on the blanket she pulled out of the trunk?

ETA... or even sit on it?

ETA #2- Listening now.. doesn’t sound like they were on the blanket.

Last edited:
Prosecution Cross:
5'6"130lb on her drivers license. she does not remember being weighed at the hospital.
sidebar
there have been extensive motions and definition of ems testimony so the sidebar is unusual.
instagram profile ï am the fox, a tricky one"introduced.
em confirms she and jason were 'girlfriend and boyfriend' and were living together a couple months later. she had met alex around the same time. they became friends and talked frequently. she also met jh though jm. it was mentioned a few times to pitch in for rent. she was helping with groceries and did not help with rent. she worked for joann fabrics. once she was no longer working for joann fabrics she was working odd jobs so still pitching in financially. oct she found out she was pregnant. she and jm mutually agreed on the abortion. she did ask him if he was ok with it. she asked for abortion info on the first clinic visit. after the abortion she got with alex while still living wth jm. em claims there was no sexual contact wth jm while she was with alex.
upload_2019-10-28_21-4-24.png
pros point to a text message convo with alex and em about flaws. they point to another 'people would be jealous but wouldnt even know how much better your booty looks without clothes' - essentially a convo of them flirting (imo also shows he is talking to her like a girl)
he points out messges deleted from the ipod. em states she deleted the app so that takes everything with it.
em confirms she stated she doesnt like being in the prone position during sex.
pros introduce the photo she texted to jh with a text í want to do something similar but id like oyu to tie me up for it.' em confirms the photo and says 'yes...for my photo shoot' as to the message's purpose.
pros reference candles or 'wax play' from earlier testimony, and asks to confirm she never mentioned to prock anything about wax play. she had testified that alex cut her pants with knife once before. she never mentioned that to prock.
in her interview in fact she didnt say anything about alex cutting her clothes.
she broke up with alex on feb 24th via text message. she told him to forget her and he never knew her. he did not initiate contact after that. she then began her relationship with jh and they had sex twice. once at his and once on jason's bed. hanging above that bed was the painting she gave to M the day she stabbed alex. pros bring up the testimony that she was moving paintings in her back seat one of which she painted for M yet she gave it to m prior. pros assert the painting was a sore spt between her and jason. they next point out jason was paying 2/3 rent and az was paying 1/3 and em was basically doing nothing. she moved out and broke up with jm by text message. em says she may have stayed overnight at alex's house once after breaking up with jm. she moved home and then got in a fight with her mom and was kicked out for not leaving jason. she moved back to live with her dad.

pros goes over instagram messages between em and jason.

em confirms the shirt she was wearing she had told jason in an instagram that she was afraid the shirt would be washed and it would lose the boyfriend smell (his smell). she told det prock that she made the jeans she was wearing. she confirms she did not make the jeans (she altered them).
the day of the murder, she went to alex's and went up to his room. she assumed the roomate was home. she and alex had a discussion bout their relationship and she says she felt it was wrong and shouldn't have gone the way it did. she told det. prock she said 'ít made me feel gross and like, wrong and things like that." alex said he didnt feel guilty at all. there was no provocation in the bedrom. at some point jason came in. she told him everything was fine. he went down and waited by her car. she stayed in the room a little while and she and alex left. se told the two eauclaire pd everything was fine. she did not believe anything was wrong so did not alert le to any suspicions about alex. one of the le asked for her drivers license. her wallet was in the center console which is also where the knife was. em says she doesnt know exactly where the knife was. she told le she couldnt find the driver's license. they left.

next ill note only key statements as they either differ or add to her direct testimony of what happened after they left.

Last edited:
The narrative she gave makes no sense. Including him needing help to go to the bathroom after she stabbed him.

This made my stomach turn because I think it is part of the truth. He was stabbed in the head and dying/bleeding out and probably not realizing it. When she mentioned him babbling nonsense...ugh. I bet she was the one saying "I've been waiting for this a long time."

I really think she saw The Sinner Season 1 and thought she could play this out and get the same kind of sympathy.

Did she say they lay on the blanket she pulled out of the trunk?

ETA... or even sit on it?

ETA #2- Listening now.. doesn’t sound like they were on the blanket.

No. I believe she testified she considered using that to put under the tire to get the car unstuck from the mud. The pillow "came out with it."

No. I believe she testified she considered using that to put under the tire to get the car unstuck from the mud. The pillow "came out with it."

RBBM
I found that the thing about the pillow odd...

Sidebar, I mean side note: Is there something about prison food that clears up acne? Ezra apparently had acne before because Jason's accused of telling her she looked like a clown for the makeup she used to cover her acne, but now her skin looks gorgeous. Wonder what her secret is.

Another topic - does anyone remember if Alex's coat had a slice mark in it?

Sidebar, I mean side note: Is there something about prison food that clears up acne? Ezra apparently had acne before because Jason's accused of telling her she looked like a clown for the makeup she used to cover her acne, but now her skin looks gorgeous. Wonder what her secret is.

Another topic - does anyone remember if Alex's coat had a slice mark in it?

Her mug shot doesn't show it either. Make up may hide it on tv and in some photos. I saw her bad skin one day early in the trial.

Attachments

• EZRA-MCCANDLESS.jpg
    EZRA-MCCANDLESS.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 44
I have my windows open in my house. Literally at the moment the prosecutor asked, "Soon after you arrived at Mr. Sipple's house, law enforcement arrived, correct?" a whole bunch of police sirens started going off somewhere in the distance at my house. It was quite the sound effect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back