WI - Anastasia Vang, 6 wks, beaten to death, Madison, 11 July 2007

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Hopeful One, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

2. Loading...

3. Hopeful One

4. mssheila

mssheila New Member

Good God. I saw this on the news this morning. I'm so sad for ALL these innocent babies.

5. zadari

zadari New Member

omg she is only a little older than my kika bird (my nickname for kiera) her hair looks like a bird crest LOL . im sooo glad i dont live in madison right now ..

6. Hopeful One

7. Hopeful One

8. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

I watched the video of her court appearance. She is a bit@& and the other family that were living in the home were stupid. I mean, come on!! How can you live in a home where an infant is being tortured like that and not freaking KNOW!!!!!:banghead: The baby had to be screaming when she was being pinched. The father says the hospital should have told him his wife was the suspected abuser when little Anastasia was sent home with instructions for two adults to constantly supervise her due to living in unsafe conditions. Well, who the He!! did he THINK the abuser was? I am disgusted.:furious:

9. Reannan

From the second link posted by Shamrock:

I guess the dad is saying he wasn't at the hospital when the child was initially evaluated and determined to be at risk:

"Vang said he was not at the hospital when the social worker spoke with his family members. He questions whether the social worker was clear with his family about the abuse allegations.
    "They didn't know anything about the abuse," Vang said. "I think there must have been some misunderstanding between my family and the social worker. They didn't understand this 24-hour rule that we are hearing about now"

I don't understand why the hospital let the child go. One of the physicians suspected the Mother was abusing the little girl while she was in the hospital:

"Meanwhile, a forensic pediatrician reported that more bruises appeared on Anastasia between June 27 and 28 -- a time when the infant was left alone overnight in her hospital room for periods with her mother. The bruises were "highly suspicious of inflicted injury," the doctor wrote in her notes."

The mother's claim of "feeling inadequate", and "not having enough love for a second child" are ridiculous in my opinion. Feeling in adequate and not having enough love, may arguably be reason for someone to abandon or ignore a child, but you have totally crossed over the line when you intentionally harm and even TORTURE the child. That crosses the line to hate.

"She told investigators that ever since she came to live with her in-laws, she has felt inadequate in caring for her family, according to the criminal complaint. She allegedly confessed to pinching Anastasia continuously, hitting her with a fly swatter and biting her leg."

10. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

This is so sad. My prayers for this family.

11. Truthful Lies

Truthful Lies "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's c

Ya know.... It's stupid to ask this question...but WHY? If you don't want the kid or can't/won't be at least a DECENT parent, give them to someone who WILL! I don't even think I want kids...yet if I were handed a baby I needed to take care of, I certainly WOULD. I think anybody would. How could her own mother do that? How could someone do anything to an infant..... Even if I hated it, even if it was awful...I would give a baby the best of everything....feelings aside...simply because it's the RIGHT thing to do. What a selfish, horrible birthing vestibule.

12. Hopeful One

That's what I don't understand. How could the dad not know???????

13. sherri79

sherri79 Former Member

let me see if i understand this load the dcf is trying to sell. hospital call dcf and says we have a tiny 4week old that is being abused. case worker shows up and talk to the mother and grandmother. case worker now knows the doctors think it is the mom because fresh injuries happened when the mom was alone with the baby in the hospital. the case worker knows the first injuries happened when the child was with the mom in a house full of people.

now the case worker thinks it is safe to send the 4week old right back into the house with the mother because the same people who didnt protect the child the first time are still living there?

2 weeks later we have a 6week old beat to death. perhaps this case worker made a error.

14. Reannan

Perhaps the case worker is lazy and uncaring. I can guarantee you they are going to say "they were following policy", and "they are overworked". I don't care. The Mother is primarily responsible for the death of the innocent little girl who never harmed anyone, but I also think there are several other people who share the guilt, and will hopefully, be haunted by their part in the baby's death.

15. zadari

zadari New Member

so very sad

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

June 2008:

http://www.wkow.com/story/8476916/ee-lee-may-sue-dane-county

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

August 2008:

http://m.host.madison.com/news/loca...cle_ff7f9d7e-8520-5900-a029-c7d508426fdb.html

18. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

October 2008:

http://m.host.madison.com/news/moth...cle_973a208d-66f4-5641-9760-9d6af64bfe5d.html

November 2008:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/34475859.html?device=phone&c=y

December 2008:

http://m.host.madison.com/news/loca...cle_bb8031d3-5dbb-5045-bd75-7064a358c1dd.html

19. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

April 2009:

http://m.host.madison.com/news/loca...cle_9390c0d0-40f2-5f9b-9d95-c223dc984dc8.html

20. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

January 2010:

http://m.host.madison.com/wsj/news/...cle_63b75cb4-0629-11df-aed2-001cc4c03286.html

21. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

The case is currently listed as "Open - Case suspended".

Case number: 2007DA009690

January 2010:

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl;jsessionid=43271C8EED1AA6139573B2055521B57A.render6