3-YEAR-OLD EDEN HINES FOUND ALIVE!!!!!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

WI - Benjamin Morrow, 28, killed in explosion, Beaver Dam, 5 March 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Spellbound, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Brought over from https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ustin-Package-Bombs-3&p=14010880#post14010880

2. Spellbound

Brought over from https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ustin-Package-Bombs-3&p=14010880#post14010880

3. Spellbound

4. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

5. Spellbound

Gaah ... I have his first name wrong! I will alert a mod

6. fred&edna

Thanks for starting the thread, Spellbound.

Not sure of any interest by others... it may just be me posting on it :blushing:

7. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

"An inadvertent part of his home schooling curriculum? "

Really? I don't often take offense- but I take offense at that.

8. Spellbound

Fred&edna, I haven’t had much time to read uo on this one yet, but I will be here. You’re welcome!

9. fred&edna

10. justchrissy47

justchrissy47 Well-Known Member

I read all the posts and the media link before I realized no one was blown up in a beaver dam....you know...with wood and beavers [emoji849][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

11. Spellbound

There is a reason they plan to burn the apartment, rather than repair it:

https://www.fdlreporter.com/story/n...ied-beaver-dam-apartment-explosion/424381002/

He went to Pensacola Christian College in Florida, graduating in 2013 with a degree in pre-pharmacy and minors in chemistry and math. He was home-schooled before that and belonged to Victory Baptist Church in Appleton.

The presence of dangerous chemicals on site make it unsafe to try to salvage the building, officials said, citing the risk of another explosion or chemical exposure to workers. They have not publicly disclosed what chemicals were in apartment 11 where Morrow lived, only describing them as "extremely volatile and unstable explosives."

When authorities entered the building after the March 5 explosion, they learned of the presence of chemicals that were too volatile to be removed safely and that a controlled detonation would be the safest way to eliminate the threat.
    Authorities then announced Sunday that they would have to burn Building 109 to eliminate the danger.
    During the burn, nearby streets will be closed, neighbors evacuated and more than 20 fire departments brought in.

12. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Holy canoli- my daughter is a PCC grad (nursing)

13. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Yes, it actually was. In an interview with one of his classmates, she said that through part of their homeschooling program connected to a church group called R.I.O.T. the kids had chemistry classes where they were allowed to experiment with many kinds of chemicals and learned to make explosives.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...hony-conditt?utm_term=.nlykdOzZmn#.sp21JZX6k7

BBM

Some home school parents participate in organized groups/networks affiliated with their churches. It allows parents to pool skills and resources to allow kids to participate in special kinds of classes to supplement what is taught in homes. In a public school, teachers and kids wouldn't be allowed to experiment with chemicals in this fashion, but in the loosely structured home school/church networks, there's really no oversight, regulation or supervision.

Maybe parents in these groups are naive about their kids, as parents sometimes are. They assume that "well since my kids are in the church affiliated home school program, they're not going to engage in bad behavior like kids in public schools". It's a false sense of security.

This RIOT program, also part of the homeschooled kids activities sounds very sketchy.

14. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Well bugger me sideways - I think I see the problem.

Notsomuch A Fish Called Wanda as A School Called RIOT.

15. BooBooTheFool

BooBooTheFool Member

YIKES.gif

so. ...this is just something that popped into my rattled mind after reading so many Unresolved Murders/Disappearances threads but the R.I.O.T program seems like it's trying to radicalize people, like some kind of faith-warrior stuff.

16. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor