WI WI - Catherine Sjoberg, 16, Concord, 5 June 1974

http://www.wisn.com/news/20235487/detail.html

A man has been charged in the murders of Tim Hack and Kelly Drew, who went missing in 1980 from the same dance hall Catherine went missing from 6 years earlier.

The suspect in those murders is Edward W. Edwards, age 77. He is in poor health and he denies killing the two students. It would be very interesting to know where he was in June 1974, and whether he might have been responsible for Catherine's disappearance.

Might finally bring some closure. It's about time. It would be great if he could give a location on where he put the Catherine's body, so that could be closed forever. We can hope.
Even the really old cases have a chance of being solved. Kudos to LE for making progress even after so long.

The police say Ed Edwards was not in the area at the time of Catherine's disappearance. Thats what local newspapers reported anyway. Ed Edwards himself, has not confessed to any involvement either. I personally think he was involved and the police are mistaken.

Was unsure where to put this:

Ed Edwards indicted in OH for murder of his foster son.

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2010/09/02/news/news3.txt

Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:51 PM CDT

little more than two months after he was sentenced to two life terms in prison for killing Tim Hack and Kelly Drew in 1980 near Concord, Wis. Edward Edwards has been indicted by a grand jury in Ohio in connection with the aggravated robbery, kidnapping and murder of his foster son in 1996. Edwards has also been convicted in connection with the death of an Ohio couple and was ordered to serve two life sentences in those cases.

Edwards had attempted to plead guilty to his latest charges that relate to the death of his foster child but a judge in Geauga County court was unable to accept such a plea due to the fact the crimes are alleged to be of an “aggravated” nature. This categorization means Edwards could face the death penalty in that state.

More at link.

E. Edwards is an evil son of a gun for sure. JMHO.

So excited to see this as the cold case of the week-what else is more mysterious than vanishing on prom night!?

It looks like Edward Edwards killed several couples:

http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e/edwards-edward-photos.htm

What a MONSTER. He killed his foster son for the insurance money and he killed the couples for his own sexual gratification and some thrills.

I wonder how LE knows that he was not around the area when Catherine went missing? It seems so odd that he kidnapped and killed high school kids from the exact same place that she disappeared from.

What a MONSTER. He killed his foster son for the insurance money and he killed the couples for his own sexual gratification and some thrills.

I wonder how LE knows that he was not around the area when Catherine went missing? It seems so odd that he kidnapped and killed high school kids from the exact same place that she disappeared from.

Maybe he was in prison at the time or something else that gives him an alibi?

This one has a video. You can see Cathy's mom speaking and it shows a photo if Cathy from the day she went missing. Its not clear if it shows what she was wearing at the time though. The dress doesn't look "blue with brown and pink trim" so probably not.
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/52318527.html

Does anyone know if her boyfriend was ever investigated, being she left because they were having an argument? What was the argument about? Was she upset to the point of leaving prom, or did she just step outside to collect her thoughts?
It sounds like they don't believe Edward Edwards was responsible because he was not in WI when she went missing.
I'm just wondering if the boyfriend was cleared, as well as her friend who saw her leave, or any other students there. Did she have any enemies at school? Any girl jealous of who she was going to prom with?
It sounds like she had a lot of stuff coming up, so it's hard for me to believe all those "sightings" reported of her, because I don't think she left willingly.

I saw this one from the killing fields..(Jane doe was found almost exactly a year after Catherine vanished). They have matching height and age and hair. They also look alike to me.
The Doe Network:
Case File 761UFTX

Unidentified White Female

•The victim was discovered on June 7, 1975 in Austin County, Texas
•Estimated Date of Death: 1-7 days prior
•Cause of Death: Asphyxia Due to Drowning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 15-25 years old. Dental age based on the development
of the third molars would be approximately 17 to 19 years.
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy, straight, hair, 15" long;
Unknown eye color, although some agencies list brown eyes. Light complexion. Well-groomed.
Fingernails and toenails freshly manicured with dark, wine colored polish. Per the pathologist,
the nail polish was expensive to have stayed on the nails while the body was submerged for several
days and that the manicure and pedicure were most likely done by a professional.
•Scars, marks: 5 1/2" scar on upper left quadrant of abdomen
from splenectomy.
•Medical: Splenectomy (surgically missing spleen); at one time in her life
she may have been pregnant or had given birth;
gallbladder contains large gallstone.
•Clothing: None located.
•Jewelry: None located.
•Fingerprints: Available
•Dentals: Available. The 1975 dental chart states that a filling was present in tooth 31.
The case was exhumed and now there is no filling in tooth 31 but there is a well circumscribed occlusal defect.
Filling may have been lost.
•DNA: Pending

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member