WI WI - Cathy Nameth, 43, Loon Lake, 12 Oct 2002

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by giagreen, Jun 16, 2013.

1. giagreen

giagreen New Member

I really hope I am posting this in the right place and that this is not posted all ready and I have missed it.

This case sticks out to me. Gave me the chills because it's like from a movie or something. Just wondering what others think about this.

Cathy Nameth, 43, was at her parents cabin on Loon Lake. When she had reached out for help on her fire department radio saying "there's a man with a raincoat and he's scruffy looking and.." then the radio cut out.
    From what I have read she was then chased around the property and put up a fight. She died of multiple stab wounds.
    She was found alive by her husband and son, her husband had asked her who attacked her and he reportedly said she didn't know.

One idea is that she may have been murdered because she was due to give details in an embezzlement case.

2. Loading...

3. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I can see why you're intrigued, gia. Creepy, but so sad, too, for her husband and son. Do you have MSM links?

Btw, you did pick the correct forum. ;)

4. jaleach123

jaleach123 New Member

5. giagreen

giagreen New Member

Here is another link I found.

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/weirdwi/message/9965

I think I agree with her friedn Barbara that a stranger wouldn't just pick a cabin like that at random.

"I don't think a stranger would pick that house at that time of night
    in the rain to be there", says friend, Barbara Borchardt.

6. jaleach123

jaleach123 New Member

Yeah hard to believe this isn't somehow related to the embezzlement case. And the fact she was supposed to meet with an investigator about it? Not a coincidence.

7. giagreen

giagreen New Member

I agree. It's just crazy. They got DNA but have not been able to link it to anyone.