GUILTY WI - Ciara Misiek, 15, dies of heroin OD, Reeseville, 22 Aug 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wxow.com/story/27848532/...y-after-15-year-old-dies-from-heroin-overdose

Two men are being held in Dane County Jail on charges of 1st Degree Reckless Homicide after an investigation into the death of a 15-year-old girl in August...

Seth Schumacher, 22 of Marshall, was arrested at the location on a probation violation. He is now charged with 1st Degree Reckless Homicide, Sex Assault of a person under the age of 16, and Possession of Heroin.

The Dane County Sheriff's Department said the investigation led them to search a home at 1948 East Washington Avenue where they took 32-year-old Antonio McCarroll into custody on a probation violation. He is facing additional charges of Possession of Narcotics, Possession of THC, Maintaining a Drug Dwelling, and Possession with Intent to Deliver.

Man sentenced to 3 years in prison for heroin death of girl, 15 - February 2016

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-sentenced-to-years-in-prison-for-heroin-death-of/article_34d35add-06bf-58fe-918e-8027b10a726a.html

Dane County Circuit Judge David Flanagan accepted a joint recommendation made by prosecutors and the lawyer for Antonio A. McCarroll, 33, and sentenced him to three years in prison. But Flanagan said the recommended five years of extended supervision wasn’t enough and increased it to seven years.

McCarroll, who pleaded guilty last month to first-degree reckless homicide, apologized for his role in getting the heroin that caused the death of Ciara C. Misiek, on Aug. 21, 2014. The drug was provided to her by Seth L. Schumacher, 22, of rural Marshall.

“I am sorry for the loss of Ciara, I truly am,” McCarroll said, “and I give my condolences. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.”

Probation and jail for man who gave fatal heroin to 15-year-old girl - March 2016

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime-and-courts/probation-and-jail-for-man-who-gave-fatal-heroin-to/article_3de10f5e-d711-58bf-a1b3-5b8d5287a6b6.html

A Madison man was sentenced Friday to five years of probation — the first year to be spent in jail — after pleading guilty to a heroin delivery charge related to the overdose death of his 15-year-old girlfriend in 2014.

Seth L. Schumacher, 23, formerly of rural Marshall, turned to the mother of Ciara Misiek, seated in the courtroom, and apologized to her for his role in her death.

“I truly do miss her every day,” Schumacher said.

Misiek’s mother, Christy Misiek, urged Flanagan not to give Schumacher “a slap on the wrist” for her daughter’s death, and wept as she explained how Ciara’s death has devastated her.

“The emptiness I feel will haunt me now and forever” she said. “I never got a chance to say goodbye.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back