Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't someone on here looking into arrest records or articles about arrests of local guys? This was based on the encounters folks had with the young man who said he was a criminal, if that was, indeed, Carl. Seems to have been the right direction to go in back then in identifying him.

Yeah I suspect we were really close...

There was no evidence of drugs on the body or at the site. (I have read that a hair analysis was negative but that would only show long-term use.) Apparently, nothing on the clothing set off any forensic alarm bells, and there were no bony injuries.

If (perhaps) not hypothermia and (perhaps) not drugs and with no injuries on the bones, I wonder how hard they still lean toward natural causes on a presumably healthy 20 yo running or walking in the woods in April-June.
I'm also from this area, and I grew up about 15 minutes from where his body was found (in Beloit township) and was a teenager when this happened. I know the entire area well because that's where we used to drive around when we were teenagers looking to get out in the country. Do you think there is any possibility that his body was dumped or dragged to this site? Most of the theories talk about him wandering off and dying, but as you say - a healthy 20 year old dying of natural in late spring/early summer seems unlikely. What about a private encounter at Carver Roehl that went wrong or ended up getting violent. Do you think a killer could have dragged/hauled his body that far from an access point off East Waite Rd and left him on the creek bank?

I'm also from this area, and I grew up about 15 minutes from where his body was found (in Beloit township) and was a teenager when this happened. I know the entire area well because that's where we used to drive around when we were teenagers looking to get out in the country. Do you think there is any possibility that his body was dumped or dragged to this site? Most of the theories talk about him wandering off and dying, but as you say - a healthy 20 year old dying of natural in late spring/early summer seems unlikely. What about a private encounter at Carver Roehl that went wrong or ended up getting violent. Do you think a killer could have dragged/hauled his body that far from an access point off East Waite Rd and left him on the creek bank?
I'm not sure about Carl's death being violent. The investigators said they found no signs of trauma on the skeleton.

I'm not sure about Carl's death being violent. The investigators said they found no signs of trauma on the skeleton.
Yes but that only rules out things like gunshots, knife wounds, or an assault that causes fractures. While that crosses off a lot of possibilities, it doesn't rule out suffocation/strangulation or chemical means like poisoning or a bad drug dose. The proximity to a place renowned for anonymous hook ups raises some flags, but it might just be a coincidence.

Given his history, drug overdose jumps to the frontrunner for cause of death for me.

Given his history, drug overdose jumps to the frontrunner for cause of death for me.
Sure, but then how did he get all the way out there? What drugs was he doing in 1995 Rock Co he could have OD'd on? Opiates weren't a think in Rock Co. at the time and he had no paraphernalia on him. He's also coincidentally less than a 5 min drive from a remote county park that was renowned for anonymous hookups and less than 15 min away from a old-school sneezy trucker "adult" store that was the site of a few murders a couple years later. Just raising these questions because I haven't seen this possible angle examined yet with this case (unless it has been and I missed it).

Sure, but then how did he get all the way out there? What drugs was he doing in 1995 Rock Co he could have OD'd on? Opiates weren't a think in Rock Co. at the time and he had no paraphernalia on him. He's also coincidentally less than a 5 min drive from a remote county park that was renowned for anonymous hookups and less than 15 min away from a old-school sneezy trucker "adult" store that was the site of a few murders a couple years later. Just raising these questions because I haven't seen this possible angle examined yet with this case (unless it has been and I missed it).
I was 15 and in SW WIsconsin in 1995. Heroin was huge there. So was coke. Mixing them both was a super fun weekend.

I was 15 and in SW WIsconsin in 1995. Heroin was huge there. So was coke. Mixing them both was a super fun weekend.
Whoa, I was the same age in Rock Co at the time. I was obviously going to the wrong parties, I knew and hung out with a lot of drug scene people but never saw heroin back then. But how do you make it to the middle of nowhere with enough drugs (or the wrong drugs) and no paraphernalia? No baggie, no syringe? I guess though if he had been doing it at Carver Roehl or a nearby residence with others and then wandered off, it's a possibility. That makes it even more creepy that no one who was with him that night ever spoke up. I've been following this case for years and my theory was always that he had been partying somewhere nearby (trailer park maybe) wandered off, fell into the creek, got disoriented, passed out on the bank and died. But someone pointing out the proximity to Carver Roehl park to me last week made me wonder about the possibility of foul play. Some weird things besides drugs went on at Carver Roehl park too.

It doesn't matter how young and healthy you are, if you're drunk or high, fall in the creek and get soaking wet, and pass out on the bank on a chilly spring night, you can die of hypothermia.
Exactly. fall, concussion, wet, and chilly night. If he had been out there awhile, he most likely didn't have many fat reserves either. RIP Carl. I wish you were given a sentence fitting for a teen, not something that criminalized you.

It doesn't matter how young and healthy you are, if you're drunk or high, fall in the creek and get soaking wet, and pass out on the bank on a chilly spring night, you can die of hypothermia.
Now I’m not from WI, so idk what the weather is like, but from Apr-Nov 1995, is that even cold enough to die of hypothermia?

Now I’m not from WI, so idk what the weather is like, but from Apr-Nov 1995, is that even cold enough to die of hypothermia?

My point was, that if you're injured or impaired, and soaking wet, you can die of hypothermia in conditions that would not normally be life-threatening.

People can die from hypothermia in any month of the year, especially in Wisconsin, if the conditions are right.

I know the timing is iffy for multiple reasons, and you can die of hypothermia in any season, but Wisconsin can get really cold. I can see in it being a big problem in the fall/winter/early spring.

I also have to wonder if exposure was a possibility. Especially if it was winter, he was cold and not eating enough or having proper shelter.

Just to add in a bit on people who have said the position he died in was a little odd, face down and with the arms outstretched over his head: I'm a restless sleeper (doctor-diagnosed insomniac due to depression) and there have been times I have actually woken up with my arms outstretched fully above my head, sometimes even with the hands clasped together, lying both face up and face down. The position he died in was odd but not so odd if he was semi-conscious for a while and moving his body around after, say, tripping and falling while hypothermic. He might have trying to adjust himself to a more comfortable position and that felt alright enough he just let it be and completely passed out that way.

Side by side -- wow, that's a pretty striking resemblance.
The person on the right is my cousin Wayne he went missing in 1998. His hair was brown and I have just let the site know and his bday was in march. Who is the other guy ? I know my cousin yiu can ask me any questions is the other guy alive ??

Side by side -- wow, that's a pretty striking resemblance.
My cousin is the person on the right not sure who is on the left but it does look like my cousin if he was older my cousin went missing 33 yrs ago we have never had a lead to his disappear but he went missing in 1998 and he was in Canada I gave him a ride to Banff and he went missing there who is the other guy on the left ? My cousin had brown hair not blonde

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back