GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a day like today...it will be tomorrow...not sure what time.
They've been coming in at approximately 8:30a (CST) and mostly discussing housekeeping matters, or issues to discuss. Then jury arrives in court approx 9:00-9:15a (CST). Im pretty sure Judge was saying 8:30a (CST) tomorrow. Brooks having to get words in was saying 'that's too early, yer awner.'

I have no doubts, nerves, or hesitancy about the two snippets of video requested to be reviewed.

1) The video with EP, where a Whiterock marquee is visible, shows the vehicle's front end in near perfect condition - likely with a timestamp as it is from CCTV. Might as well add the video also shows DB angry and leaving site ALONE.

2) I've not personally seen extended versions of Dancing Grannies video, thankfully.<modsnip - discussion of unapproved sources> That one action, OF HIS, caused four of the six deaths in this atrocity.

So, at one moment you have a vehicle with a near perfect front-end. Then, mere minutes later in an area very close by you have that same vehicle with a crumpled front-end intentionally aim for innocent people leading to multiple deaths (four of the six are likely(?) seen on that video).

Upon first hearing those were the two pieces requested I thought 'well, that's kinda morbid, so why request that?' Then I realized they're comparing before, during, and, after proving intent BARD.

So no, DB, if those are the pieces they want a second look at and if my thoughts and theories are correct they won't be kicking themselves in the behind after they convict you. If anything, those two pieces of video will give them a clear conscience while you weep hearing guilty, guilty, guilty, 76-times over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no doubts, nerves, or hesitancy about the two snippets of video requested to be reviewed.

1) The video with EP, where a Whiterock marquee is visible, shows the vehicle's front end in near perfect condition - likely with a timestamp as it is from CCTV. Might as well add the video also shows DB angry and leaving site ALONE.

2) I've not personally seen extended versions of Dancing Grannies video, thankfully.<modsnip - discussion of unapproved sources>. That one action, OF HIS, caused four of the six deaths in this atrocity.

So, at one moment you have a vehicle with a near perfect front-end. Then, mere minutes later in an area very close by you have that same vehicle with a crumpled front-end intentionally aim for innocent people leading to multiple deaths (four of the six are likely(?) seen on that video).

Upon first hearing those were the two pieces requested I thought 'well, that's kinda morbid, so why request that?' Then I realized they're comparing before, during, and, after proving intent BARD.

So no, DB, if those are the pieces they want a second look at and if my thoughts and theories are correct they won't be kicking themselves in the behind after they convict you. If anything, those two pieces of video will give them a clear conscience while you weep hearing guilty, guilty, guilty, 76-times over.

Thank you for this excellent break down and your take aways. I needed a little reassurance.....we've seen some juries almost seem to go "rogue" and I so badly fear this maniac ever walking the streets again. Now I will sleep a little better. ;-)

2) I've not personally seen extended versions of Dancing Grannies video, thankfully.<modsnip - discussion of unapproved sources>. That one action, OF HIS, caused four of the six deaths in this atrocity.

I think its very possible they are debating intent. The DA did not do a great job selling it.

Imo, his intent was not to kill anyone. His intent was to get away from the cops. It was probably a misfortunate chance that he found himself on the same path as the parade.

The problem is what he did next. He didn't stop. Instead he blew his horn telling people to get out of his way because he was coming through. He then proceeded forward at a high rate of speed with complete disregard for human life.

I think she could of done a better job of painting that picture to the jury.

The good news is that there is so much video evidence and eyewitness testimony that even if her lack luster closing fell short with them. The evidence is so overwhelming he is going to jail for the rest of his life.

It was so tough being in the courtroom and watching the compilation video the prosecution spliced together for closing arguments. Lots of footage I've never seen nor imagined was played and I don't think there was a dry eye in the courtroom. Even the prosecutors and bailiffs were emotional. A young girl stated crying towards the end which you can hear on the live stream.

<modsnip - identifying minor child>

I, myself, could not help but get teary-eyed as video footage of DB driving his car into a crowd of kids was shown. How he did not kill more people or anymore of those children in that group was miraculous. Thank god there weren't more victims. <modsnip - not an approved source> you should have seen what was played in court. There was so much more footage from this unspeakable act. Those children and adults who had to watch their friends and family—or even people they didn't know get squashed by his SUV—they are victims too. Like DB's last witness said, she may not have been physically injured, but she probably has PTSD, along with hundreds of other attendees who should be considered this monster's victims as well. Oh, and how creepy it was when DB put his hand on his chin and smiled at the judge, almost flirting with her, mentioning a shower (gross) and I was waiting for his head to spin like in Regan from The Exorcist. Just creepy. He should have been charged with attempted murder for running his girlfriend over but instead he gets released on bond only to drive through a parade. DOC provides risk assessments and the prosecutor didn't even read it before releasing him into the community. DB's risk of recidivism was as high as it gets.

GUILTY verdict tomorrow.

It was so tough being in the courtroom and watching the compilation video the prosecution spliced together for closing arguments. Lots of footage I've never seen nor imagined was played and I don't think there was a dry eye in the courtroom. Even the prosecutors and bailiffs were emotional. A young girl stated crying towards the end which you can hear on the live stream. <modsnip - identifying minor child> I, myself, could not help but get teary-eyed as video footage of DB driving his car into a crowd of kids was shown. How he did not kill more people or anymore of those children in that group was miraculous. Thank god there weren't more victims. <modsnip - not an approved source> you should have seen what was played in court. There was so much more footage from this unspeakable act. Those children and adults who had to watch their friends and family—or even people they didn't know get squashed by his SUV—they are victims too. Like DB's last witness said, she may not have been physically injured, but she probably has PTSD, along with hundreds of other attendees who should be considered this monster's victims as well. Oh, and how creepy it was when DB put his hand on his chin and smiled at the judge, almost flirting with her, mentioning a shower (gross) and I was waiting for his head to spin like in Regan from The Exorcist. Just creepy. He should have been charged with attempted murder for running his girlfriend over but instead he gets released on bond only to drive through a parade. DOC provides risk assessments and the prosecutor didn't even read it before releasing him into the community. DB's risk of recidivism was as high as it gets.

GUILTY verdict tomorrow.
The world is with you and your community. This situation really sucks, my heart aches for everyone involved and I want to wrap all of y'all up in a big giant hug. Pretty sure I'm not the only who feels that way - y'all may not see us but we are definitely with you sending our strengths and hopes your way.

<modsnip - discussion of non-approved source> That's not including the thousands (maybe over 100k?) watching the Law and Crime stream - I prefer my legal analysis from the sloshed or caffeinated, highly opinionated while having degrees in law so idk what goes on in the Law and Crime streams anymore, but the numbers are likely in the tens of thousands. So, again, we are with you during this trying time and are sending you love and strength.

I could not watch the entire trial. Did the state call the 61 injured people to testify as well as a representative for all those killed?

Good morning Mr. Brooks, I hope you enjoyed your shower and rested well, now sit down as you are about to hear 76 guilty verdicts. Then, you can bring all your friends and family members to tell the court what a great guy you are, you know, the ones who didn't show up in support at your trial. Yep, they are coming. Lots of them.

Then you will receive 6 LWOP sentences for the murder of 6 people to run consecutively plus 1,000 years for injuring 61.

Although I hope you live a very long life so you can experience prison misery for decades, it is most likely that you will soon die a violent death at the hands of other inmates who object to anyone killing children and grandmas. It will be intentional.

There will be needy attention seeking women who make bad choices until the end of times
I had not thought of that. I hope we don't see him on a TLC show one day.

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but he was in an older documentary about meth addiction that is on youtube. I would link it but I forgot the name. He was much younger and seemed well spoken then.

I could not watch the entire trial. Did the state call the 61 injured people to testify as well as a representative for all those killed?

Good morning Mr. Brooks, I hope you enjoyed your shower and rested well, now sit down as you are about to hear 76 guilty verdicts. Then, you can bring all your friends and family members to tell the court what a great guy you are, you know, the ones who didn't show up in support at your trial. Yep, they are coming. Lots of them.

Then you will receive 6 LWOP sentences for the murder of 6 people to run consecutively plus 1,000 years for injuring 61.

Although I hope you live a very long life so you can experience prison misery for decades, it is most likely that you will soon die a violent death at the hands of other inmates who object to anyone killing children and grandmas. It will be intentional.
Not all 61 were called. State had 300-400 vids/exhibits, not all was shown of course. But, with the abundance of evidence the state really only needed representatives, if you will, of various parties. For instance, the Extreme Dance Team coaches (I think it was that group and there were two young women testifying iirc). A leader from the Catholic Group speaking for his party. Aside from EP, State didn't call anyone who made contact with vehicle, nor did they call anyone related to anyone who made contact- they had enough evidence without retraumatizing anyone. Brooks, on the other hand, called up a mom of four, two were struck I believe. Yourell, was the name.

ETA: actually, I need to correct myself. A few officers who banged on hood of vehicle trying to get him to stop, some made eye contact with him, and one officer who fired three shots at vehicle...all survived unscathed physically and did give testimony.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members