WI - Five Dead in Shootings - Milwaukee - 27 April 2020

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Richrd, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Richrd

Richrd Six Year Member

Trinitee and realanastasia like this.

2. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

I heard earlier that 5 people had been found dead in a house in Wisconsin but no further details.

Very tragic.

realanastasia and Richrd like this.
  3. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

Victims are aged 14 to 41
    Family member who phoned police is in custody. Sounds like another family annihilator IMO

“The Journal Sentinel, citing three unidentified police sources, reported the suspect was a 43-year-old Milwaukee man with a lengthy criminal record in Milwaukee County.

Online court records show he was convicted in 2002 of misdemeanor battery. He was sentenced to probation, ordered to attend domestic abuse counseling and prohibited from possessing firearms.

He pleaded guilty in 2007 to felony battery, felony bail jumping and felony intimidation of a witness. He was sentenced to four and a half years in prison, prohibited from possessing firearms and ordered to complete a batterers' intervention course.

Five years later, in 2012, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery with a domestic abuse modifier, and drew 18 months in prison with another gun ban. In 2017, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a month in jail with work-release privileges.

The state Department of Workforce Development filed a warrant against him in 2016 seeking $13,304 in unemployment compensation that still hasn't been paid. The online records don't offer any further details. DWD spokesman Ben Jedd said such cases are confidential under state law.”

Milwaukee police find 5 dead in house; suspect in custody

Richrd and mikkismom like this.
  4. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Horrific.

Richrd likes this.
  5. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

6. Richrd

Richrd Six Year Member

JudgeJoe and mikkismom like this.
  7. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how he was able to avoid jail time for so long, and when he finally got it, nothing changed.

Richrd likes this.
  8. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the toddler that he didn't harm is his child? And what was the relationship to the other people in the home that he murdered?

Richrd likes this.
  9. madfrank

madfrank ASBO-rrific

Five dead in a shooting; always five dead, or six, or 12, or two dozen. And yet there were more gun deaths in earlier decades, within my lifetime. But were there the mass killings, the five, the six, the twelve, the two dozen? Because of the instant availability of the facts regarding these tales of woe, have we lost a part of our capacity to care?

10. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

We have the Internet and CNN to inform us of things that happen outside our local area. I was noodling around online a while back and found this. Scroll down to 5.2 to see what I found.

Winfield, Kansas - Wikipedia

Here's another story about it.

The Sad Story of America’s First Indiscriminate Mass Shooting — History is Now Magazine, Podcasts, Blog and Books | Modern International and American history

I personally believe that a lot of it is due to the mass deinstitutionalization that happened in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, which not only let many people out who shouldn't have been, but that now they can find each other and have kids.

Wild Rose likes this.
  11. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Four young kids, why oh why would anyone, no matter how much rage, take 4 youngsters out in the prime of their life? My mind can not even go there to think about what transpired for them.

airportwoman and JudgeJoe like this.
  12. madfrank

madfrank ASBO-rrific

Wisconsin is WI by the way, OP. There is no WS.