Found Deceased WI - Garret Georgeson, 21, Mauston, disappeared from Randall's Uptown Bar, 15 Jan 2021

kelsie

Former Member
Reaction score
Garret, age 21, went missing at closing time from Randall's Uptown Bar in Mauston, WI. His friend wanted to leave and go home but Garret wanted to stay. He was last seen, intoxicated, with a couple who was also intoxicated, and they offered him their couch to sleep it off and Garret insisted on driving home that night. Nobody has seen him, nor his vehicle since.

My sister works with Garret's mother and I made the missing person's flyer. I reported it to some news agencies and they're working on a story, but for now I have a link from a local police department.

139766661_3352041001572809_2310132758239999056_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TomahPD/photos/a.175109445932663/3352040998239476/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.54.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.54.27 PM.png
    392.5 KB · Views: 29
Garret, age 21, went missing at closing time from Randall's Uptown Bar in Mauston, WI. His friend wanted to leave and go home but Garret wanted to stay. He was last seen, intoxicated, with a couple who was also intoxicated, and they offered him their couch to sleep it off and Garret insisted on driving home that night. Nobody has seen him, nor his vehicle since.

My sister works with Garret's mother and I made the missing person's flyer. I reported it to some news agencies and they're working on a story, but for now I have a link from a local police department.

139766661_3352041001572809_2310132758239999056_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TomahPD/photos/a.175109445932663/3352040998239476/
Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

01/18/2021 (11:00 a.m. CST)
"The Juneau County Sheriff’s Office has an update on the Missing Person Investigation for Garret Georgeson.
Georgeson and his vehicle were located submerged in the Lemonweir River in Juneau County. Georgeson was found deceased.
The incident is still under investigation by the Juneau County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Brent H Oleson"

Kelsie has been verified as an insider in Garret's case.

As a VI, kelsie is not required to provide links to anything they state as fact in this case. You may respectfully ask a VI questions, but if you disagree for some reason, please do not argue with them.

Thank you to kelsie for making the Missing Person flyer and starting this thread for Garret, and to everyone for being here to discuss this case.

We’ve seen a few unfortunate cases like this. There was an older couple a year or two ago... I can’t understand why there are even roads like this, and why there are no simple barriers. I’d be terrified if I had a teen driver living near anything like this. Somebody please help me understand why a road would go straight into a river.

Who were the witnesses that seen Garret drive off in his car that night?
He was hanging out with a man & woman at the bar, a local couple he hit it off with, and they offered to let him sleep on their couch that night but he refused and insisted on driving himself home :(

How did he”disappear” from the bar if people see him leave the bar driving his car?
He was last seen on surveillance footage at the local bank.

We’ve seen a few unfortunate cases like this. There was an older couple a year or two ago... I can’t understand why there are even roads like this, and why there are no simple barriers. I’d be terrified if I had a teen driver living near anything like this. Somebody please help me understand why a road would go straight into a river.

RBBM

I'm originally from a smaller community, also in Wisconsin, and from what I've seen, funding isn't always available for such things. I remember we had roads that were old and impassable; these roads weren't always blocked or marked well.

I recall driving off the end of a dark street and dropping about 6 feet into a ditch. No barrier was in place, and the lighting was nonexistent. My injuries were minor.

Only after my accident did the city put up a sign (not a barrier, mind you, but a sign) at the end of the road by the drop off.

Lastly, there are tons of rivers, ponds, streams and lakes in Wisconsin. Much of the state is rural, and many unmarked roads exist. So, unfortunately, it's easier to have a mishap and drive into water.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
RBBM

I'm originally from a smaller community, also in Wisconsin, and from what I've seen, funding isn't always available for such things. I remember we had roads that were old and impassable; these roads weren't always blocked or marked well.

I recall driving off the end of a dark street and dropping about 6 feet into a ditch. No barrier was in place, and the lighting was nonexistent. My injuries were minor.

Only after my accident did the city put up a sign (not a barrier, mind you, but a sign) at the end of the road by the drop off.

Lastly, there are tons of rivers, ponds, streams and lakes in Wisconsin. Much of the state is rural, and many unmarked roads exist. So, unfortunately, it's easier to have a mishap and drive into water.

JMVHO.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Makes no sense to me why they’d keep paving roads like that. I guess they could be boat ramps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back