Missing Since 01/25/2012
Missing From Jackson County, Wisconsin
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race Native American
Date of Birth 12/07/1991 (28)
Age 20 years old
Height and Weight 5'8, 140 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A black leather jacket, a red or black hooded sweatshirt, black jeans, black shoes and a black stocking cap.
Distinguishing Characteristics Native American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Cloud is a member of the Ho-Chunk Indian Tribe. His nickname is Breezy.

Details of Disappearance
Cloud was last seen in Jackson County, Wisconsin on January 25, 2012. After he left a girlfriend's residence in Black River Falls, the vehicle he was driving ran off the road got stuck in a ditch on Highway O near the town of Millston.

A police officer witnessed the accident and stopped to offer assistance, but when the officer asked for identification, Cloud ran off into the woods, taking his Dachshund dog with him. The dog was six months old at the time, with short brown fur, and may have been wearing a sweater.

The car Cloud was driving was registered to his girlfriend's sister, and he may have feared the owner would be angry about what had happened. He also had some outstanding warrants for his arrest on minor charges. This may have been why he fled from the police.

Volunteer searchers tracked his footprints for over three miles, through snow that was up to three feet deep in places. The police brought in tracking dogs who traced Cloud's scent to the road, where they lost the trail. He has never been heard from again.

Cloud's family doesn't believe he left voluntarily. His girlfriend was pregnant with his child and he told his family that anticipation of fatherhood had caused him to rethink his life. He had moved to Tomah, Wisconsin to be with his girlfriend and was going back to school so he could get a high school diploma and be able to support his child when it was born.

Since his disappearance, he hasn't used his cellular phone or accessed his social media accounts, and none of his loved ones have heard from him. His case remains unsolved.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

61f46fab6bd48.image.png

61f46fab6bd48.image.png

A computer generated age progression of what Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. may look like in 2021Jackson County Sheriff's Office / National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

The investigation into this missing persons case is still open, but Gray said they have exhausted every lead they have had. Their most recent lead came in October 2021 when unidentified remains that were found in New York City may have been Cloud, but investigators identified those remains as being someone else.

Cloud was 20 when he went missing and would be 30 today. He is Native American, 5'8, and was 140 pounds when he went missing. He has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office captain Nick Gray at 715-284-5357 or email at nick.gray@co.jackson.wi.us

Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. of Black River Falls missing for 10 years

61f46fab6bd48.image.png

61f46fab6bd48.image.png

A computer generated age progression of what Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. may look like in 2021Jackson County Sheriff's Office / National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

The investigation into this missing persons case is still open, but Gray said they have exhausted every lead they have had. Their most recent lead came in October 2021 when unidentified remains that were found in New York City may have been Cloud, but investigators identified those remains as being someone else.

Cloud was 20 when he went missing and would be 30 today. He is Native American, 5'8, and was 140 pounds when he went missing. He has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office captain Nick Gray at 715-284-5357 or email at nick.gray@co.jackson.wi.us

Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. of Black River Falls missing for 10 years

Hi Ms Pam!! So glad to see you dear!
Tomah is where I grew up. I remember when Gene went missing. We have 2 missing people out of Tomah as far as I'm aware, and I'm *very* familiar with the other case. I don't feel like either case got that much attention generally. I'm sad for Gene and his family. 2012 feels like forever ago already. There are a couple rumors around town but no specifics, these rumors can be easily guessed by reading the charleyproject page. I'm going to ask around on my FB groups and see if I can find anything else about Gene. He deserves to be found. His kid is now 10 years old...

Gene Jacob Cloud Jr.​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022

3a860b_c89e43c554a64f2581d14037351a927b~mv2.png

Missing Since January 25, 2012

Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. was last seen on January 25, 2012. He had moved to Tomah, Wisconsin, to be close to his pregnant girlfriend. Gene was 20 years old and had determined to help financially support his new family. He had taken the first step by returning to school to finish his high school diploma.

Gene was last seen in Black River Falls when the vehicle he was driving went into a ditch and a police officer stopped to offer assistance. He had several outstanding warrants for arrest based on minor charges, and the vehicle he had been driving that night was registered to his girlfriend's sister. Instead of waiting for the officer's assistance, Gene took off running into the woods.

At first Gene was assumed to have disappeared willingly, and the missing person search was slow to take hold. When family and friends became concerned that he hadn't made contact with anyone, a search party was formed by tribal party members who were able to trace Gene's footprints through three-foot deep snow. The footprints showed he had walked over 3 miles away from where his car had broken down. He had been walking in the woods parallel to the road and had even crossed back and forth over the road into the woods a few times. Ultimately the Jackson County Sheriff's Department brought out tracking dogs who were able to pick up his scent, but then lost it at the road. It is unknown if Gene got into a vehicle at this location.

Gene Jacob Cloud Jr. is a Native American member of the Ho-Chunk Indian tribe. His nickname is Breezy. His left ear is pierced and he has a tattoo on his left hand. He is 5'8" and weighed roughly 140 pounds on the night he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back