WI - Girl, 10, stomped head and killed baby boy in panic, Chippewa Falls, 30 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by BetteDavisEyes, Nov 6, 2018.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Sheriff: Girl, 10, stomped head of baby in panic

Chippewa Falls, Wis. – A western Wisconsin sheriff says a 10-year-old girl charged with first-degree intentional homicide dropped a 6-month-old baby and, when the infant cried, she panicked and stomped on the child’s head...

margarita25, scmom, Alcina and 10 others like this.
  2. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

neesaki, Alcina, fred&edna and 6 others like this.
  3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

margarita25, Alcina, kimpage and 11 others like this.
  4. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

oh.... just so so so very sad...

Looloo, MaryG12, Andieinsyd and 2 others like this.
  5. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

1st degree murder???? No. Not for a 10 year old. Good grief!

This is so sad :(.

6. MicheleT

MicheleT Well-Known Member

10 year old kids panic over this type of thing. How awful for her and the baby's family.

7. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Oh my Lord what a tragedy!

8. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

This ten year old must have some kind of a juvenile record to be charged with first degree murder and tried as an adult.

moonriverfarm and MaryG12 like this.
  9. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Why was she holding the baby in the first place?

10. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

And no adult present who could have intervened immediately?

11. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

She sounds evil. When you panic, you don't stomp on the head of a baby.

12. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

I don't think she necessarily has a record but she's in foster care for some reason. I'm afraid of what this child has seen and experienced personally in her 10 years.

Pattyhamilton, abr, Betty P and 24 others like this.
  13. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

From the quoted link

neesaki, GarAndTeed, MaryG12 and 3 others like this.
  14. mrsselig

mrsselig Well-Known Member

This is tragic. I was reading about this story yesterday and I'm puzzled as to why there was an older child mixed in with infants....and in the case of this incident, according to reports, actually holding an infant? If I had an infant in daycare, I would not expect the care of my baby to be carried out by minor children, at any time. I feel really blessed I was able to stay home with my children. I am heartbroken for the parents of this infant.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine, at any stage of my life, dropping any living being (doggie, kitty, hamster, guinea pig, or......a human baby!) accidentally and when it cried/whimpered choosing to stomp on its head??? WTAH? No, my first instincts would always have been to protect/soothe/and fix. Run and get help from the adult who should have been supervising....cuddle the infant (or other creature) and attempt to take them to safety/help....render aid. Not injure them further! :: shudder :: Horrifying story and again, so heartbroken for the poor parents of a helpless 6 month old baby :(

abr, TRB, Julindy and 22 others like this.
  15. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

16. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the 10 year old was living in the house and the daycare owner was the foster parent of the 10 year old. And that the daycare owner told the older kids to stay outside so the infant could sleep, but the kids would randomly shuffle in and out (I get it, kids gotta go to the bathroom and stuff). Which leads me to believe the 10 year old actively approached and picked up the sleeping infant. I don’t say this to absolve the daycare owner of any responsibility. I just don’t get the vibe that the daycare owner had the 10 year old look after the baby. I think the 10 year old went into the house on her own accord and what happened next is very, very unfortunate.

You are quite lucky that you are in the position to stay home to raise your kids. Many aren’t as lucky. For all i know, the infant could have been in the daycare before the 10 year old was placed into the foster home. Very sad for the infants parents. Terrible.

17. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

At 10 I think she knew what she did was wrong and that’s why she panicked and didn’t want to get in trouble but I’m not sure she was mature enough to figure out kids bump their heads and cry all the time. I think her thought was to shut him up before she was found out.
    But stomping on the head feels... violent. Over kill. Jmo.

18. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

This is devastating for everyone involved. However I don't understand why it's so suprising or problematic that a 10 year old would be allowed to pick up a 6 month old. My daycare provider has a 9 year old daughter who adores my kids and has held and carried them since they started daycare. She loves babies and is a wonderful helper to her Mom and I like that my babies get extra attention and snuggles from her. Also my neighbors 8, 10 and 12 year old girls adore my babies and always pick them up and help with them. I think the 10 year old obviously had some serious issues but I don't think the problem is that she was holding the baby in the first place, the problem was her impulse to injure the baby when she dropped it.

abr, Isabelle98, Mauig’ma and 14 others like this.
  19. Anthony96

Anthony96 Well-Known Member

wow people these days

20. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

I present to you a case that I cannot fully discuss due to my profession.
    12 year old girl playing with 4 year old girl cousin. 4 year old gets hurt, starts crying to get the 12 year old in trouble. 12 year old freaks and (uses something very common and close by) covers the girls mouth and nose accidentally suffocating her.

1st degree murder?

scmom, HulaMum, GarAndTeed and 5 others like this.