GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

Definitely hard to wrap my head around this one. oops no pun intended. IMO dismemberment use to be a crime to make it difficult to identify someone or for transporting the victim to another location. Dismemberment was generally not MO for most killers. Now however, it not only seems to be on the rise but has crossed from being a male dominate crime to women joining in. If TS is not competent to stand trial, (IMO) I hope that if sent to an institution it is either a life home or if found to be "mentally well" moves to the prison system. It is difficult to imagine someone committing a crime like this ever being A-OK.

Oh my gosh! Noooooo

Does 'repeater' mean shes done it before or what. Gah.
I was curious about that language, too. I found this:

"...The court interpreted this language to mean that a defendant’s status as a repeater is determined at the time he committed the new crime. “ [A]s of the time of the commission of the crime, the offender must have been convicted of a felony within five years and that conviction must have remained on record at that time.”..."

So I think that means she is a repeat felony offender of any type, or perhaps designated career criminal.

Why is this going to trial to waste our resources?!

The judge scheduled a trial date for Oct. 24, which will be preceded by a status conference at 1 p.m. Sept. 1 and a final pretrial conference at 1 p.m. Oct. 19.

In Brown County court Tuesday, Judge Thomas Walsh set a trial date for March 6, despite the defense for Taylor Schabusiness asking for another competency evaluation.

Schabusiness, 25, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and third-degree sexual assault for allegedly attacking Shad Thyrion on Feb. 23. She has pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. The trial is scheduled to start March 6.

SchabusinessCourtSchedule2023.png
I can't believe they are allowing yet another competency hearing but at least the trial has been scheduled. Happy that the judge can spot a tactic when he sees it! There's a lot of coverage about this locally since we don't have too many 'crazy' things happen here. I'm new to posting but thought I would share :)

Schabusiness, 25, is charged with the February 2022 killing of Shad Thyrion. She’s pleaded guilty by reason of mental disease or defect to charges of 1st Degree Intentional Homicide, Mutilating a Corpse, and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.

The court has scheduled the competency hearing for Feb. 14 at 8:30 a.m.

Schabusiness, 25, is charged with the February 2022 killing of Shad Thyrion. She’s pleaded guilty by reason of mental disease or defect to charges of 1st Degree Intentional Homicide, Mutilating a Corpse, and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.

The court has scheduled the competency hearing for Feb. 14 at 8:30 a.m.

Did the article get this correct, it states she has plead GUILTY by….?
I thought she had plead NOT guilty by…

Taylor Schabusiness attacked her attorney during a court hearing Tuesday, moments after the judge indicated he was going to delay her March 6 trial.

Schabusiness, 25, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and third-degree sexual assault for allegedly attacking Shad Thyrion last Feb. 23. She has pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

The adjourned competency hearing – which was supposed to happen today – was set for March 6. The judge proposed a May 15 trial date.

Taylor Schabusiness attacked her attorney during a court hearing Tuesday, moments after the judge indicated he was going to delay her March 6 trial.

Schabusiness, 25, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and third-degree sexual assault for allegedly attacking Shad Thyrion last Feb. 23. She has pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

The adjourned competency hearing – which was supposed to happen today – was set for March 6. The judge proposed a May 15 trial date.
I was just reading about this. It's interesting that she was evaluated and found competent to stand trial. Now that doesn't mean she was completent, but it also is a really good stage for a good defense by attacking your lawyer.

9 out of 10 of the most depraved and disturbing crimes I've ever read about on here have a meth component. That drug is absolutely evil and needs to be eradicated if we ever hope to work towards peaceful civilisation.

Warning: article contains graphic and disturbing content​

Wisconsin Woman Charged in 2022 Dismemberment Case Attacks Attorney at Competency Hearing​

Taylor Schabusiness, 25, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, and third-degree sexual assault after she allegedly dismembered a man last February​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back