Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it truly distressing that the court is releasing information that leads to us discussing what CP-B injuriously penetrated Lily's anus with and what fluids constitute the biological evidence left when he bit her buttock - but not releasing CP-B's identity so we can instead discuss the circumstances that lead to this horrible crime and what should be done to protect people like Lily and discourage people like CP-B
Here's what I don't like, nor understand, about LE NOT naming him due to being a minor. His charges are so horrific that he's being charged AS AN ADULT! And he CONFESSED!!! If you're being charged as an adult, and say you did it, then he should be fair game IMO. I wonder if there's ever a point in the process that we will be given the name? Or will he be called CP-B by LE forever? I've never followed a case of a minor like this before so I don't know. Anyone? :)

Except you can rape someone that's dead. Maybe use intercourse, instead, although I think I prefer penetration in this case. I'm gonna steer clear of the N word (not that N word, but sex with the dead).
Correcting myself since there's no edit button this long after!

Except you CAN'T rape someone that's dead.

So, Lily’s father found her bike the night she went missing and then someone who knew Lily found her body. Wow!

Kid is a monster. He bit her as well. Good Lord.

MOO
I wonder if it was Lily's father that found her the next morning. He knew where he found the bike and likely went back as soon as it was light enough outside. How awful for whomever that person is.

Here's what I don't like, nor understand, about LE NOT naming him due to being a minor. His charges are so horrific that he's being charged AS AN ADULT! And he CONFESSED!!! If you're being charged as an adult, and say you did it, then he should be fair game IMO. I wonder if there's ever a point in the process that we will be given the name? Or will he be called CP-B by LE forever? I've never followed a case of a minor like this before so I don't know. Anyone? :)
From what I can tell there's some kind of counter-intuitive legal process that in cases of serious crimes they are automatically charged as an adult but then it is at later hearings where arguments are made to move the case to juvenile court so as long as the possibility remains for it to be moved the identity is officially suppressed.

Now that I've gotten over my initial disgust at people savoring some these details released in the complaint I can see that by releasing those details, the prosecutor may be anticipating greater public outcry that there be no way CP-B is allowed to be tried as a minor.

I'm not sure what point it will cross that threshold in Wisconsin.

Once it is agreed that he will be charged as an adult, they will name him. They have to officially keep him out of juvenile court first

I understand the feeling by so many people that the name of the confessed teen rapist and killer of sweet Lily should be released.I feel the same, but I believe that most people here understand that there are legal reasons why it has not been, at this point, whether we fully understand what those reasons are, or not. Having said that, I would guess that probably 99% of the people who are following this case know exactly who the perp is. It has certainly not been a well-kept secret. And for our purposes here, having his name released probably is not going to have much effect, if any, on what we can and cannot sleuth, due to TOS pertaining to family members. JMO

Last edited:
I understand the feeling by so many people that the name of the confessed teen rapist and killer of sweet Lily should be released.I feel the same, but I believe that most people here understand that there are legal reasons why it has not been, at this point, whether we fully understand what those reasons are, or not. Having said that, I would guess that probably 99% of the people who are following this case know exactly who the perp is. It has certainly not been a well-kept secret. And for our purposes here, having his name released probably is not going to have much effect, if any, on what we can and cannot sleuth, due to TOS pertaining to family members. JMO
BBM.

Well that's sure a twist, eh? :p I'm thinking if the name could eventually be released, Mods would approve us sleuthing him due to the fact the person in question is the one who committed the crime. That's different than sleuthing innocent family members who aren't POI, etc. At least in my mind it is. I'd obviously wait to get confirmation of that from a Mod before posting anything if/when the time comes.

BBM.

Well that's sure a twist, eh? :p I'm thinking if the name could eventually be released, Mods would approve us sleuthing him due to the fact the person in question is the one who committed the crime. That's different than sleuthing innocent family members who aren't POI, etc. At least in my mind it is. I'd obviously wait to get confirmation of that from a Mod before posting anything if/when the time comes.
Oh, I believe we will be able to sleuth him to some extent, if and when he is named, but we will not be able to sleuth his family members and upbringing, so we may never really understand what makes him tick, and what brought him to this point. JMO

Oh, I believe we will be able to sleuth him to some extent, if and when he is named, but we will not be able to sleuth his family members and upbringing, so we may never really understand what makes him tick, and what brought him to this point. JMO
We'll probably find that out when he goes to court. In some of the cases I've followed, it's MOO that the parents should be standing before the judge, too.

My family have always thought I was a bit... Dark. And, let's face it, my interest in true crime novels, stories, podcasts, and other media doesn't help my image with them. No matter how many times I explain that my interest lies in the human behavioral aspect, they always shake their heads (collectively) and look at me with more than a tinge of fear. Therefore, I am always very grateful for this community - I know most of you actually get it and understand. Any murder is terrible and when the victim is a child, it is particularly horrific. But this one... Damn. Something about that face. Beautiful and exuberant and smart Lily. This one has been very tough - and reading about her family and the monster who did this. For some reason, I find the nature of this crime almost too much to bear.

I am an educator - teacher, Dean, and administrator. And I love, love middle school! Something about the age and how so many believe how difficult it is - I just dig it - it is the age that I feel (personally), I can do the most good. I run into lots of students and lots of family dynamics - many are excellent, but always, always - I hear the same response when I have to speak to family members about an issue, "no, not my child" or "you have him/her confused with someone else" and of course (this one is particularly unnerving), "I know my child and he/she would NEVER do that. He/she just doesn't have it in him/her."

I need to share this... We don't know. We want to think we know, but we don't. And if there ever was a reminder, this case should prove we do not. I realize the offender was born and brought up with some nightmare situations - but it isn't just that. And I am certain many adults said "not this kid" as well. Believe me, we all want to believe we know what people will do - especially family members (this goes for adults as well) - but more and more I have become CERTAIN there are some things we just can't see the kids we love doing... I am not trying to be negative here or judgmental in any way - I am just trying to say... Everyone needs to be aware that no matter how much we want to, we simply cannot know or predict what certain people will do. Perhaps if we listened to each other and worked in conjuction - horrible and awful things (like what happened to Lily) will not happen as much.

Again, not trying to compare anyone or blame or even predict - just trying to understand and help. This is, of course, all my own opinion. Wishing Lily peace and all my fellow Websleuths-ers love and happiness.

Last edited:
My family have always thought I was a bit... Dark. And, let's face it, my interest in true crime novels, stories, podcasts, and other media doesn't help my image with them. No matter how many times I explain that my interest lies in the human behavioral aspect, they always shake their heads (collectively) and look at me with more than a tinge of fear. Therefore, I am always very grateful for this community - I know most of you actually get it and understand. Any murder is terrible and when the victim is a child, it is particularly horrific. But this one... Damn. Something about that face. Beautiful and exuberant and smart Lily. This one has been very tough - and reading about her family and the monster who did this. For some reason, I find the nature of this crime almost too much to bear.

I am an educator - teacher, Dean, and administrator. And I love, love middle school! Something about the age and how so many believe how difficult it is - I just dig it - it is the age that I feel (personally), I can do the most good. I run into lots of students and lots of family dynamics - many are excellent, but always, always - I hear the same response when I have to speak to family members about an issue, "no, not my child" or "you have him/her confused with someone else" and of course (this one is particularly unnerving), "I know my child and he/she would NEVER do that. He/she just doesn't have it in him/her.
I just need to share this... We don't know. We want to think we know, but we don't. And if there ever was a reminder, this case should prove we do not. I realize the offender was born and brought up with some nightmare situations - but it isn't just that. And I am certain many adults said "not this kid" as well. Believe me, we all want to believe we know what people will do - especially family members (this goes for adults as well) - but more and more I have become CERTAIN there are some things we just can't see the kids we love doing... I am not trying to be negative here or judgmental in any way - I am just trying to say... Everyone needs to be aware that no matter how much we want to, we simply cannot know or predict what certain people will do. Perhaps if we listened to each other and worked in conjuction - horrible and awful things (like what happened to Lily) will not happen as much.

Again, not trying to compare anyone or blame or even predict - just trying to understand and help. This is, of course, all my own opinion. Wishing Lily peace and all my fellow Websleuths-ers love and happiness.

I agree with you on this. We don’t know what our kids do when they are not home, or in their room behind a closed door. Unless you have a body cam monitoring their every move there is no way to truly know. Everyone protects their child because that is what we as humans are programmed to do, as most animals are programmed to do. It’s truly instinctive behavior.

No one wants to believe that their child is capable of doing such horrific things. However, there are always signs that are missed. There may have been signs that were dismissed as something else due to his age. I think it might help if parents and educators were given more information or offered more resources regarding mental health.

Another point you made which I also agree with is that we need to work together as parents. We also need to work with the teachers that spend the most time throughout the day with our children. Communication is key.

Releasing a murder victim's name and details of the crime is part of our legal system----transparent to all. We have seen so often that when information is hidden that speculation and rumor occurs. In order for justice to be served for this victim and all others, the people (all of us) must know the details. We can choose to not read or know but not having information out there can create situations where justice is not served.

For example, if we have no details (including her name) and the court decides to charge this killer as a juvenile. He is found guilty and then is released at 18. We would never no what he had done previously AND, if, he harms another person would be outraged that he was a second time offender. Lily, in this case, remains an anonymous victim with a horrific crime done to her and, IMO, no transparent and real justice.

Personally, I don't usually read some of the more disturbing details. And, I encourage anyone who gets upset and distraught about the details to do the same. That said, if the information begins to be hidden we all lose. I am grateful that the judge is moving carefully and deliberately in the unsealing of documents.

"After Chippewa County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Lane said during Thursday’s review hearing that the redacted criminal complaint for the case could be unsealed, the document was made available publicly on Friday..........Other documents in the case subject to open records laws, including search warrants, will remain sealed until all parties have had time to review their contents. Chippewa County DA Wade Newell said that those documents contain identifying information and that some of the warrants are part of an active investigation." New details released in Lily Peters homicide case

LWOP
The consequences for minors are minor.
Rape in itself means he ia past the age pf puberty, AKA he is literally a young adult.

Nothing is minor about premeditated murder.
Like the young man that shot classmates at Oxford HS, max adult penalties are the just match to the crime.

Hope he pleads guilty, MOO he will if he has a shred of decency left.
A confession means possibly he does have some remorse.
He should want LWOP, to protect others from him.

IMO a confession can also be bragging or a complete lack of remorse and it's no big deal to the perp. (ie. sociopath, psychopath). In all cases, it certainly makes the process easier for the judicial system.
Another reason that came to me could be that he was scared of what he had actually done and it just all came tumbling out in the presence of LE, who can be a tad intimidating, even if they are just standing there in their uniforms. Before the act he was caught up with the thoughts in his head to rape and kill her (for whatever horribly odd reason) which fueled him to act. He wasn't thinking logically at that point. He was caught up in his fantasy, he acted on it, then snapped out of it when it was over. Likely when he stood up and observed what he had done (it then became real and no longer a fantasy), got scared, and fled the scene to wash up.

Obviously MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members