Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the maps online are accurate, then she was found near the brewery. The dog walking couple might have even seen her from the road. It’s strange that the police didn’t find her but they were looking at the start of the trail rather than the end both times I saw them.
^^rsbm

From the crime tape (via drone), it seems she was recovered from the woods and it follows that dogs would lead into the woods -- at least my dogs are always pulling me off the trail.

From the scanner (GH YT), I know a bike was located on River & Prarie on the sidewalk but I don't know if it was Lily's bike. This bike described by an officer was mostly blue (LP's bike was described as pink & blue).

Police give update after Lily Peters’ body found in Wisconsin woods - live

Local parent remembers Lily as ‘always happy'
A father whose children knew Lily Peters says she frequently played with other kids near the trail where her body was found.

“I see her and her cousins all the time, either biking, rollerblading on a hoverboard, going up and down the street,” Jeremy Machnik told WCCO. “They sled in the back hill of our yard, and she’s always happy, always happy, even if it’s 15 degrees and snowing out.”
Sounds like a kid living her best life in small town America.

^^rsbm

From the crime tape (via drone), it seems she was recovered from the woods and it follows that dogs would lead into the woods -- at least my dogs are always pulling me off the trail.

From the scanner (GH YT), I know a bike was located on River & Prarie on the sidewalk but I don't know if it was Lily's bike. This bike described by an officer was mostly blue (LP's bike was described as pink & blue).

When I saw the police car searching the first time at night they had the lights shining up the hill into the wooded area so that fits with what you’re saying. The maps with the dots they have online seem to be closer to the path but it’s hard to tell and I’m not sure if they’re even accurate anyways. The corner of River and Prairie is a couple blocks in the opposite direction from her aunt’s house so I’m not sure if that was her bike.

Just a few thoughts from reading the recent posts…
1. A young girl her age probably hasn’t thought much about the distance of taking the trail vs. the roads to get home. Looking at our maps, is so easy to wonder why she would take the longer route, but she probably never even thought of the distance.
2. Since we don’t have much info on where the bike was found, I think it would make sense that maybe it was left in a way that didn’t look concerning…leaning up against something or with kickstand down. Your mind wouldn’t go to abduction, it would go to thinking she stopped somewhere or was at someone’s house. Which would explain why the search started out slowly.
3. If you look on Google Earth at the end of Grove when it turns into the trail/path it has a small street sign saying bike route, however, if you turn the view around as if you are coming out of the path, there’s another sign saying the same thing. So what is the “bike route” for leading out of the trail? I guess I’m just curious.
F44801B8-29C1-46AD-AE92-CA8860608C16.jpeg 7AD63531-C84F-4EAB-9EBA-4E2242282991.jpeg

What was this whole thing upthread, about bikes riding around the area at 4 am? Was that 4 am in the hours after she went missing?

Or was that the previous night?

Yesterday morning around 6:00 am (PDT) I was about to go to bed when I saw the early police announcements that Lily was missing. When I saw that her bike had been found, I started the thread for her and spent the next 2 hours reading comments on the police FB. There was no confirmation yet, but by the time I finally went to bed I was certain of the sad outcome. There was no sleeping though, I kept seeing Lily's cute little face in my mind. It is so heartbreaking that it is really beyond any words I have. I can only imagine what her family is going through.

It is hard to believe that anyone would risk committing such a horrible crime in a place that is not very isolated. It makes me think that he is probably not experienced in this type of crime, and that gives me hope that he left behind forensic evidence that will make it possible for him to be identified quickly.

Just a few thoughts from reading the recent posts…
1. A young girl her age probably hasn’t thought much about the distance of taking the trail vs. the roads to get home. Looking at our maps, is so easy to wonder why she would take the longer route, but she probably never even thought of the distance.
2. Since we don’t have much info on where the bike was found, I think it would make sense that maybe it was left in a way that didn’t look concerning…leaning up against something or with kickstand down. Your mind wouldn’t go to abduction, it would go to thinking she stopped somewhere or was at someone’s house. Which would explain why the search started out slowly.
3. If you look on Google Earth at the end of Grove when it turns into the trail/path it has a small street sign saying bike route, however, if you turn the view around as if you are coming out of the path, there’s another sign saying the same thing. So what is the “bike route” for leading out of the trail? I guess I’m just curious.
View attachment 341356 View attachment 341357

That one would most likely go straight to the main road that leads downtown. There are bike lanes along the roads but people do drive kinda crazy down those hills. Most kids around here bike on the sidewalk instead of using the bike lane on the road.

Yes, there are two locations. The brewery parking lot basically leads into the path. That building is solely for brewing beer but they do guided tours and stuff too. There is a walking bridge that goes across the creek from the brewery to the lodge. (As well as a normal vehicle bridge) The lodge is the bar/gift shop/outdoor patio area where they have food trucks and events and stuff. On Google maps the lodge is called Leinie’s Lodge and the brewery is called Jakob Leinenkugel’s Brewing Company. Interestingly enough, I don’t know anyone that has worked in the brewery but I do know some that worked in the lodge. The family is pretty known around here in general though.
So someone coming off work to the parking lot xould see a child riding her bike ? I wonder what time the shift let out? They must have cameras in their parking lot that would capture someone leaving the parking lot for a stroll on the trail?

He said that they were able to say it was homicide right at the scene of where her body was which makes me wonder aside from the obvious that she was clearly deceased if she wasn't found half clothed or no clothed that leads them to think it. Especially since they are saying to the public to be vigilant. It seems its a classic case of S/A and dump the body.
Or obvious trauma visible? Also, determined from evidence at the scene? I'll have to look at the words again...So it sounds like L.E. determined homicide from visibly assessing the victim, and evidence from the crime scene...that sounds horrible.

So someone coming off work to the parking lot xould see a child riding her bike ?

Yes. The brewery is at the end of the trail next to the road though. The parking lot and brewery are to the right with the walking bridge to her house on the left. If someone in the parking lot saw her on her bike she could maneuver away pretty easily at that point since it’s so close to the road. It seems like something happened with the bike closer to her aunts house.

I don’t know if the brewery or lodge have cameras but they could certainly afford them. There are a few houses facing the trail from across the creek that could have cameras. There is also at least one camera on the jail that has an unobstructed view towards one part of the trail but it is one of those circular ones so I’m not sure which direction or angle that it is facing.

Do you know what shifts staff work at the brewery?

This isn't a direct answer, but seems to imply that they don't have full production going on during weekends, although they offer tours and presumably there's still various security and custodian type people around.

Tours

I haven't listened to the press conferences. But I don't think we have a clear timeline right now. We know when her dad began to search. Do we really know when she left her aunt's house? It sounds like they are not willing to confirm yet that she was even there much less when she might have left.

Or obvious trauma visible? Also, determined from evidence at the scene? I'll have to look at the words again...So it sounds like L.E. determined homicide from visibly assessing the victim, and evidence from the crime scene...that sounds horrible.

That's what I figured too. It would have to obviously be homicide..gunshot, stabbing, strangulation with ligature. A head injury COULD be from a fall off a bike so I don't think that would be it. Articles of clothing missing. To me, sounds like a crime of opportunity and blitz attack which literally, can be accomplished in minutes.

It makes me wonder why police are NOT releasing a timeline. Many reports say she left her Aunts, but other reports do NOT say that she ever made it to her Aunts. Reports say she was "seen" by family members after she left her parents house but they do not say who those family members were or what time they saw her, or where they saw her.
We're making a huge assumption that she visited with her Aunt, those were the family members, and that she left from there when in actuality, she may have never arrived there at all.
If that is the case, it explains why dad didn't call police until after 9. He thought she was at her Aunts?
I don't understand why they are not releasing timeline tho. When they do that, it makes people THINK. People who were in that area, will automatically THINK..."oh, she disappeared between 7-9PM, I was there at 6, so I wouldn't have seen anything, OR "She disappeared between 7-9PM, I was on that trail, or across the street, or in that area between those times! Did I see anything?" Then, they start going over in their minds everything they remember and saw.
LE not releasing timeline is preventing people from doing that and with every day that goes by, people remember less..or leave town, etc.
I always go with what our dear old friend Foxfire used to say.."LE makes a mistake in not utilizing their biggest and best resource immediately...the public." I firmly believe that.
Having been involved in a missing person's case, I can say that media gets a LOT of the details wrong, and until we here it from LE..we have no idea if she even made it to her Aunts.

In reviewing early reports, I noticed that they used statements like " her bike was found at..." and "a bike believed to be hers was located...". That makes me believe it was her bicycle that was found.
In addition, I was surprised to read that Lily was not described wearing a coat. After checking the weather, it was about 40 degrees on Sunday evening in Chippewa Falls. That is quite chilly to only be wearing a 3/4 sleeve shirt, leggings, and shoes.
What that says to me is that Lily would have wanted to get home and be inside - I don't believe she would have gotten off that bicycle willingly - even for a ruse. I could absolutely be off-base here, but I am thinking it was a blitz attack to grab her.
I just can't get this girl out of my mind - so young and in a community that is supposed to be safe! I want to see the person responsible caught, like, NOW!

I am wondering if anyone else was at her aunt’s home besides Lily and her aunt.
Cousins? Perhaps the reason to be at the aunt's house? No mention of an uncle.

Lily Peters, Missing Wis. Girl, Found Dead; Police Investigating As Homicide

JM's kids went to school with Peters, and he says they would play outside on the street near the trail.

“I see her and her cousins all the time, either biking, rollerblading on a hoverboard, going up and down the street. They sled in the back hill of our yard, and she’s always happy, always happy, even if it’s 15 degrees and snowing out, I see them bundled up with their sleds coming down the street when it’s snowing out. They were always outside, always playing, always happy,” JM said. “It’s very traumatic, and it’s very sad. It’s very sad that it happened here. This is a great neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth