Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest hope just a couple months ago, was that Jayme’s body would be discovered by hunters in the near future.

Her being alive, wasn’t even a consideration.

This being solved, seemed completely hopeless. I figured that it would be an enduring mystery.

I’m still pretty stunned at all of this.

Time for some answers, and justice for Jayme.
I thought so too but then something nagged at me - after Mollie I decided I wasn’t going to be naive but I had a tiny hope - something I read in the days after she was kidnapped -made me think it was going to be more like Elizabeth Smart

Did you hear the grandpa?! He was so emotional! He said in his last interview he said ,"Jayme, just tell me where you are and I'll come find you!"

That is just beautiful.
Hope we see Grandpa with Jayme.
What the family have endured for so long, and then have this wonderful ending, will be so emotional for all involved.
So Jayme's past running skills, certainly came into practice with her escape today.

Not only do they allow it, they have volunteers bring in ‘comfort’ dogs to visit patients. I had major surgery a year ago, and the next day there was a St bernard and a Newfie in my room! I was elated. :)
for sure! I had to take my son to the ER for a simple knee injury during a football game this fall and while he was getting an Xray a visiting dog happened by the room and his whole deal was "leaning" against people. It was the BEST and I just LOVED on that dog. I can't even imagine the healing these dogs do for people dealing with "real" issues. My kid is fine - just a bone bruise but I'll NEVER forget that dog.

Even though Gordon might be a small town... not many of us pay attention to anyone else out buying groceries -- and think it's an inordinate amount.

Most locals there (no offence) would see someone out shopping and assume they were doing this for themselves, a family (if lots of groceries), or whomever.
So I can understand someone concealing Jayme without difficulty ; esp. if the perp didn't communicate much with friends or relatives.

"Physically Unharmed" might just mean no serious injuries like broken bones or ruptured internal organs.
It's entirely possible she was sexually abused, but that probably won't come out until the trial.
She must have been locked up and/or restrained for her to be held captive for that length of time.
I like to think she'd knocked the perp out cold, and fled.

My biggest hope just a couple months ago, was that Jayme’s body would be discovered by hunters in the near future.

This being solved, seemed completely hopeless. I figured that it would be an enduring mystery.

I absolutely thought the same, down to the hunters. Stunned is right. What a nuts day - she was rumored to be found, confirmed to be not found, then truly found all in the span of a few hours if you look at Fitzgerald’s Twitter.

From the link:
KTSP-TV reported through a source that Jayme “walked up to a woman walking her dog in Douglas County Thursday afternoon, screaming that a man had murdered her parents. Authorities have not yet confirmed that account.

“My aunt found her running through the woods barefoot while at her cabin,” a Facebook user claimed, adding that the family was told not to say anything until the suspect was caught. That user wrote that the aunt didn’t recognize Jayme, who identified herself by her name.

The KTSP journalist gave more details of that in a live broadcast, saying that a teenage girl came running up to the dog walker, screaming for help, and saying she was in trouble. She said a man had murdered her parents. She wasn’t physically hurt. It was a rural, wildlife area. Authorities then quickly sent up a perimeter in the area. Those details, again, have not yet been confirmed by officials.

Reporter Paul Blume, of Fox 9, wrote on Twitter: “Just off phone with Sheriff. Says #JaymeCloss found near Duluth. MN area. He was overcome with emotion. Tells (me) 1 suspect in custody. But believes more people involved. Family was told suspect name. But they don’t know the guy. Press briefing tomorrow 10am in Barron #findjayme.”

Last edited:
Google Maps

She was found about 66 miles away from Barron. This case, somewhat, makes me think of Shawn Hornbeck because after he was found he talked about how he knew everyone was looking for him etc., although he did not out himself for some time and only under certain circumstances after years of captivity. Speculation only, but I would imagine that Gordon had missing information on Jayme posted about town and or on the news that she perhaps was aware of and therefore made the "run for it" at first opportunity. Like I said, speculation only. 13 years old is so darn young and I have no idea of her maturity level but she "went for it" and took that chance to save herself. Prayers for her, her family and her parents. I never expected this outcome of this case and am so very happy for her and her family and am beyond delighted that they have the suspect in custody.

For once, I feel pretty good about seeming so naive and overly-hopeful to others. I’m not eating my hat tonight.

I don’t know why, but I could not picture her as being anything other than alive. But I did fear it would be years before we got any real answers.

"the 13-year-old girl missing since her parents were shot to death in their Barron, Wis., home three months ago, was found bedraggled and malnourished but alive Thursday after fleeing her captor"
Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs
Oh my gosh! :(

Three people east of Gordon, Wis., described the dramatic moments when the 13-year-old was found almost three months after she disappeared, dirty with matted hair, wearing shoes too big.

Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon, which has few year-round residents, described the dramatic moments when Jayme was found. KK, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on South Eau Claire Circle with her husband, P, and children, said that around 4 p.m., another neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on the Ks’ door.

Standing with her was a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes too big for her feet.

“This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!” the neighbor said to K's.

Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” PK said.

(names changed to initials by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member