Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a couple of posts that speak of a tablet being found. Is it like a "pill" tablet or is it a computer "tablet". I am perplexed by a few posts that indicate a "tablet" was found. Does anyone know what this may be about?

Just want to apologise for my post on the first page of this thread. I repeatedly called Jayme "Jamie". Meant no disrepect, I think I was just so excited that my brain wasn't working properly. Couldn't figure out how to edit my post, so sorry for the stuff up.

I appreciate your post, but you suggest that those of us that are, as you coin it ,"clinical and detached"-(which by the way is very untrue) are somehow incapable of understanding that this is a "real, flesh and blood human girl who survived a horrific ordeal"..., we get that and it is sickening and all the more reason to sleuth the crap out of this case and if that means seeing or hearing or understanding every gruesome or not detail so be it. Some of us want to know what where and when and how, as I would assume most people interested in forensics or crime would want to know. Wanting to know or "see" has nothing to do with any lack of understanding or compassion for the victim. To me, it is all about the victim. For those that wish they could "unsee" or "unknow", how the heck do you balance it all out without reviewing every single detail?? There are many facets to sleuthing a crime and nothing should be ignored. So yes, I do want to see the cabin she was held in, I want to understand the conditions, I want to know everything about the perp ..I want to know what she endured .I want to know it all, and there is nothing detached nor clinical about that.
I hear what you are saying, and agree with some aspects. But what you're describing is not morbid curiosity, which is more of what my post was addressing.

Also, you seem to have take "clinical" and "detached" as an insult. I guess that's on me because I wasn't clear. I was an EMT...clinical and detached are just how you have to be in some situations. Its certainly not a criticism.

If you want to know, and see, and hear so that you can understand and learn...that's your right. But that's not the motivation for some.

Fortunately this happened on a night I needed to pull and all nighter anyway. I was so excited about Jayme that staying up all night was not a problem!

I am very interested to hear how this suspect chose Jayme and exactly how this all came together. Random sighting like the Groene family? Or more methodical. So glad this one is as happy of an ending as we could have gotten.

I have read a couple of posts that speak of a tablet being found. Is it like a "pill" tablet or is it a computer "tablet". I am perplexed by a few posts that indicate a "tablet" was found. Does anyone know what this may be about?
i believe it was a computer tablet, and the electronic sniffing k9 found it (if i'm not mistaken)

I appreciate your post, but you suggest that those of us that are, as you coin it ,"clinical and detached"-(which by the way is very untrue) are somehow incapable of understanding that this is a "real, flesh and blood human girl who survived a horrific ordeal"..., we get that and it is sickening and all the more reason to sleuth the crap out of this case and if that means seeing or hearing or understanding every gruesome or not detail so be it. Some of us want to know what where and when and how, as I would assume most people interested in forensics or crime would want to know. Wanting to know or "see" has nothing to do with any lack of understanding or compassion for the victim. To me, it is all about the victim. For those that wish they could "unsee" or "unknow", how the heck do you balance it all out without reviewing every single detail?? There are many facets to sleuthing a crime and nothing should be ignored. So yes, I do want to see the cabin she was held in, I want to understand the conditions, I want to know everything about the perp ..I want to know what she endured .I want to know it all, and there is nothing detached nor clinical about that.
+1000
This site has no purpose if we can't obtain and examine the details of a crime. Already, we have a couple folks on these threads pushing to sanitize everything -- someone even wanted the entire Closs case to be removed fearing she would read it. Cmon now. Site rules do state that it's OK to include names if they've been reported in MSM. And tonight, the names of the people involved in Jayme's rescue have all been published and broadcast by legit new sources. Yet I see in here we already have people defaulting to initials and x's and other ways that make communicating any further a hopeless task. For hypothetical example: "JN told FN she was a XXXX and that *advertiser censored* approached her at XXXX at XXXX and they both headed to (location redacted) while the lady was walking her (animal type redacted) and called (an agency)."
Then we get 65 replies about tears of joy and prayers and not wanting any pictures or details from MSM on the case. That stuff is for facebook. We are all good, decent people in here and we are all thrilled with Jayme's survival and the resolution of the case. But speaking for myself only, I want to know everything. Because I think the desire to know everything, to put pieces together and solve a puzzle, is why this site exists and people like us are on it.

I guess. I'm just kind of put off at the thought that people are excited to learn/view some of the prurient details of what this poor kid endured.

I'm excited to know how she escaped. Other than that I'm interested in knowing who the perp is as what makes them tick.
Exactly. Wanting to know how perps think, etc., is part of the reason we are all drawn here. Knowing what Jayme went through? Not so much.

And finding the suspect house etc has nothing to do with knowing what the interior looked like but the name of who owned the property so I could identify the suspect. I personally want no pics of Jayme, I don’t want the videos of the gaggles of cameras pressed against the car window as she waves and is shoved quickly inside. I only want to see the suspect/suspects to face the angry mob.

And this is where I start getting cynical. I think the days that follow will be extremely difficult. Jayme may not have wonderful days for a while. She knows her parents were murdered, most likely saw their dead bodies, and has gone through who knows what level of Hades over the past 3 months. When she goes "home" she won't be returning to the way things were-it won't be her house or her parents. Jayme herself will no longer be the same Jayme she was. I've followed quite a few kidnapping cases in which the children have been returned and all (both parents and children) have talked about how difficult the transitioning is. It can almost be like a reverse culture shock.

I am sure that Jayme will feel grateful and relieved. There will be tons of other emotions going along with that, too. So often when abducted people go "home" they're hit with HUGE expectations by family, friends, well-wishers, and media. People want to see them smiling, laughing, looking like they're enjoying themselves, etc. But trauma is difficult to work through and she probably hasn't even started processing it yet.

IMO, the best thing would be for everyone to leave her alone. Counseling for her and her family and gentle, baby steps, into her "new normal." A victim's advocate appointed to work with the family. Let her grieve and heal without any pressures.

I am beyond ecstatic that she was found. This is pretty much the happiest of endings-only it's not really an ending, it's the beginning of something else. I hope she is gentle with herself and that those around her are gentle as well.
How wonderfully you sum it up. Thank you.

+1000
This site has no purpose if we can't obtain and examine the details of a crime. Already, we have a couple folks on these threads pushing to sanitize everything -- someone even wanted the entire Closs case to be removed fearing she would read it. Cmon now. Site rules do state that it's OK to include names if they've been reported in MSM. And tonight, the names of the people involved in Jayme's rescue have all been published and broadcast by legit new sources. Yet I see in here we already have people defaulting to initials and x's and other ways that make communicating any further a hopeless task. For hypothetical example: "JN told FN she was a XXXX and that *advertiser censored* approached her at XXXX at XXXX and they both headed to (location redacted) while the lady was walking her (animal type redacted) and called (an agency)."
Then we get 65 replies about tears of joy and prayers and not wanting any pictures or details from MSM on the case. That stuff is for facebook. We are all good, decent people in here and we are all thrilled with Jayme's survival and the resolution of the case. But speaking for myself only, I want to know everything. Because I think the desire to know everything, to put pieces together and solve a puzzle, is why this site exists and people like us are on it.
Plus this is literally called websleuths. If we aren’t on the web doing sleuth work and assisting each other with people involved then what is the point of this anymore?

It's really, really old item in this case Rhen. Goes back to the first month of the case. They brought in a dog that specializes in sniffing out electronic devices. The dog found "a tablet". That's all that has ever been said about it, and it likely meant nothing. A lot of people keep old or outdated or damaged devices around, toss em in a box, put in a drawer, whatever.

I'm such a lousy sleuth....can't find any suspect name. :(
They haven’t released it. You could poke around on your own but promise not to post any finding here until they have been identified by LE.

I started here:
Incorrect link - edit -
And looked at arrests/books for today and yesterday. I can’t say I found anything but it’s interesting to read the profiles. Also, posted photos and wonder if a person would be forced to shave after all that time of being in the woods/cabin or if they would have been up on hygiene. The article posted just above a couple of blocks said Jayme’s hair was matted and she was dirty. And it makes me wonder if the suspect would be showered or shaved for evidence.

Edit- to add suspect instead of word perp.

Last edited:
I was browsing on Facebook and see the article on Nancy Grace's page about Jayme being alive. I couldn't believe it. Just wow! I'm so happy she was found. It's going to be such a long road to recovery for this poor girl. Thoughts and prayers going out to her.

Also some articles (Like this one: Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs) are saying that she was malnourished and very skinny. Depending on how bad that is she may be in the hospital for a couple days.

I hear what you are saying, and agree with some aspects. But what you're describing is not morbid curiosity, which is more of what my post was addressing.

Also, you seem to have take "clinical" and "detached" as an insult. I guess that's on me because I wasn't clear. I was an EMT...clinical and detached are just how you have to be in some situations. Its certainly not a criticism.

If you want to know, and see, and hear so that you can understand and learn...that's your right. But that's not the motivation for some.

Thank you for your clarification. I do/did take "clinical and detached" as a criticism as a result of previous posts by others which suggested that wanting to know and see every bit about this case was somehow voyeuristic or insensitive to the victim when in fact wanting that information has nothing to do with any insensitivity toward the victim and everything to do with crime sleuthing. Clearly there are some that just do not get that and that is fine and I really am done caring about it or trying to explain. On the other hand I understand completely your need to be clinical and detached given your history as an EMT. I applaud you, I could not do your job. Respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle