Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

As far as wanting to know the whys/wheres/hows of the story goes, I think it's natural to have curiosity about such things, especially on a crime sleuthing forum. Most of us are here because we're interested in true crime or in mysteries. After following a case for a while, you have time and interest invested in it. Although the people involved do not owe us anything, and we are not entitled to information, it's natural to seek answers as well as to know whether your speculations and theories were even close. The victims are all real people of course, but so are we posters. I've seen nothing on WS over the past 6 years to make me think that members would be anything but respectful to victims.

I don't think anyone on here is going to write to Jayme and demand to know all the nitty gritty details or will cyberstalk her family for information. Many of us are drawn to WS because of the adherence to MSM facts; therefore, we stick to the words that come straight from LE or a respected media source. If they don't share it, then we won't talk about it.

Personally, I like knowing stuff. It helps me put the frame of the crime in context, as well as assisting in helping me understand future crimes of a similar nature. It is perfectly reasonable to maintain both sympathy and respect for the victims while simultaneously feeling curious and wanting to understand as much as possible.

2. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I agree with you one hundred percent! I have expressed a few similar thoughts earlier regarding the 'need to know.' I think it should be up to Jayme as to what details to reveal or not about her horrific ordeal. She needs to be in control as much as possible about her life from hereon in. As Trish the owner of WS has said about the purpose of this site, it is when all is said and done, a place to support the victims of crime, and we as amateur sleuthers, do not need to know all the details of what Jayme went through. It will be hard enough for her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  3. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

THIS is AMAZING NEWS!!!! So HAPPY to hear that Jayme is ALIVE!!! May Justice be SWIFT & HEALING for Jayme begin!!! My thoughts are with her & her loved ones as they are reunited in what is nothing short of a MIRACLE! <3 MOO

4. jdrive

jdrive New Member

But under the history, it appears the cabin was listed in September 2018 and the listing removed just yesterday (seems like too much of a coincidence to be unrelated). Maybe it was vacant while listed and someone was keeping her there, but how to avoid pop ins by potential buyers?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    Ellmau, margarita25 and Hraefn like this.
  5. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

6. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

My interest in the case is more about motive, and what caused such a horrible tragedy for Jayme and her family? I can live without all the awful details of what Jayme endured.
    Did she have her beloved dog with her i wonder? I read about her pet dog upthread somewhere? Did they kidnap him too? What a horrible ordeal.

7. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

I hope this sweet girl wakes up today starting on a path of peace.

8. Karinna

This is from the same article i just posted up
    (quote)
    Residents of an area of woods and cabins about 9 miles east of Gordon, which has few year-round residents,
    described the dramatic moment when Jayme was found. Kristin Kasinskas, a teacher at the nearby Northwood School who lives on S. Eau Claire Acres Circle with her husband, Peter, and children, said that around 4 p.m., a neighbor walking a dog frantically knocked on their door.

oceanblueeyes and Amonet like this.
  9. Makie

Makie Member

Can someone link me the suspects name + photo

Deerrun likes this.
  10. Stragnet

Stragnet Well-Known Member

I feel very happy for Jayme's Aunt. Thanks for sharing the vid of the Aunt's interview.

11. Stragnet

I think you're getting into the minutiae here that isn't necessary, which is causing confusion to some readers. Jayme's family will, in the end, be granted custody if she hasn't already.

12. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

FWIW, a "suspect"hasn't been named yet. The only thing that's out there in Internetland is speculation at this point-speculation that may or may not be true.It's easy enough to find if go a'huntin', but there's no way of knowing right now if it's correct. Hopefully they'll say something solid at the presser.

Alice253, Ellmau, human and 9 others like this.
  13. Karinna

From Where? LE haven't announced that information yet have they?

14. andreww

andreww Former Member

So how does a 20 year old from Duluth end up at the Closs home in the middle of the night, knowing the 13 year old girl is inside?

There is more to this story. This person went to that house with one intent, to take Jayme. As LE has obviously had Jayme's phone and access to her social media accounts, we can pretty much rule that out as a link. So how did this person know Jayme? Did she know him?

15. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Well-Known Member

YES YES YES a thousand times YES! I can't believe I missed this news yesterday.

Now the healing needs to begin. This poor child. I cannot imagine what she has endured but it sounds like many of us were dead on in thinking she was alive and being held somewhere.

Everyone needs to remember that she is going home but not going home. Her parents aren't waiting for her. There is an awful lot Jayme is going to have to process and deal with, not only in the coming days and months, but probably for the rest of her life.

I'm so thrilled Jayme has been found.

16. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

The first thing I saw this morning was the news report ! I literally came up out of my seat, I was so thrilled !!

17. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

Forpsy, Alice253, human and 20 others like this.
  18. Stragnet

One can go on Douglas County's property assessment site and search for the owner via the property address.

jojowoodling likes this.
  19. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

Morning All.. still stunned by this outcome but in a good way..

Does anyone have any links for the presser yet? @PommyMommy is usually the best at that and just checking I haven’t missed them? Thanks xx

20. jojowoodling

jojowoodling Active Member

I must be getting a bit rusty with my sleuthing. I fell down that property assessment site last night and woke up thinking about it and still can't figure out anything. haha. I did see one house that looked semi-vacant but im assuming that THAT wasn't the house in question.

DancingMuse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.