Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

'Call 911': Neighbor speaks about finding missing teen whose parents were murdered
    "I think [Jayme] looks thinner than what her pictures showed," K said. "She definitely looked unkempt, kind of -- she didn't have shoes that were hers. She was wearing really big shoes that she obviously took from wherever she came from. She looked, overall, in good condition, just a little unclean, like she'd been held captive."

On Thursday, K said she and the neighbor sat Jayme on a couch and called 911, with someone staying on the line with them until police arrived and took her to a hospital about half an hour later. In the meantime, they talked, Kasinskas added.

"She was very sweet," K said. "I asked her some questions about if she'd ever heard of Gordon, Wisconsin. She had not. Stuff like that. Not anything real specific, but she did talk to us a little, talked to my kids a little bit. I introduced her to my new puppy. We kept it very simple and just very calm until the cops got here to take her."

Jayme told the women she had been at a house a few down from Ks' and that she hadn't known the person who was holding her, K's recalled, but that it was the same person who killed her parents.

"We probably have walked our dog by that house on numerous occasions," K said, although she added she was not familiar with who lived there.

(names changed to initials by me)

2. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

I'm sure I'm not the only one who woke up this morning and my first thought was of those 4 words:

Jayme Closs Found Alive

3. cheko1

cheko1 Well-Known Member

Talk I have heard: Seems true from what I have seen so far: Another arrest has been made, brothers or cousins same last name.

justwannahelp, Ellmau, human and 17 others like this.
  4. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

The difference is that Jayme is alive. While I am interested in the investigation, I think her comfort is more important than us knowing all the details. This is HER story. She is a child and her privacy should be inviolate. She and LE have no requirement to share what she's been through at this point. She saw her murdered parents and has been held captive, enduring God knows what. She needs safety and security now. MOO.

5. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

So glad she ran an got away and he didn't notice or could not find which way she went. She probably bided her time until she saw her opportunity. Then probably bolted out of window or something since he probably had the doors chained and bolted somehow.

Get that girl some counseling and to her friends and family!

6. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Couple of people thought it was local druggie that did this and Jayme was the robbery target.. looks like there correct... just off by 60 miles...

Don’t know that perp was druggie but if you live in crap house in middle of woods 60 miles from most logical employment.. this is bizarre... and if he did this and wasn’t taking drugs ... this is just him... like Ted bunny....that’s scary af. How did these *** afford house and go to work and keep her prisoner... stunning..

justwannahelp, Ellmau, JRW and 4 others like this.
  7. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

If this Social Worker has every questioned her choice of career, she will now know the real reason. We are all in a certain place for a certain reason. Bless Jayme’s heart!!!

8. Pretty Go Pale

Pretty Go Pale Gin and Juice Boxes for ILoveChili and The Dude

Neither's the death penalty. But perps who commit crimes like this aren't gonna be deterred by the possibility of either the death penalty or lengthy incarceration. So, I can only hope for justice that fits the crime.

9. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

Wow...not gonna lie, I'm still in a bit of shock since I heard the news last night. Not the outcome I would have ever expected, but all things considered, probably the best way it could have ended.

10. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

Agree 1000%. tell us who is in custody and that's it.

11. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

Oh my lord! I just woke up and saw this and I can’t quite take it in yet! Hallelujah!!!

12. *Removed_for_profanity*

*Removed_for_profanity* Well-Known Member

It’s also possible he is from Barron and it’s a family property.

13. Sweetsbeach

Sweetsbeach Well-Known Member

I agree! Life in prison means, free meals, free healthcare, free education...etc. It really bugs me.

14. PommyMommy

Matt Jarchow on Twitter
    We’re in Barron today awaiting a press conference with Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald. We’ll stream it live for the latest #JaymeCloss updates at 10.

[​IMG]

Ellmau, Doghairrules, SAMS and 10 others like this.
  15. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

Marking my spot, I am actually supposed to be working this morning ;).

16. thelesis

thelesis Pessimistic Skeptic

I spend too much time over here. I woke up this morning, turned on the local TV news, and all the scrolling news ticker said was 'Girl missing after parents murdered found alive'. I just knew it was about Jayme.

17. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

18. PommyMommy

cujenn81, Katharine, slipjig and 24 others like this.
  19. not.a.muggle

not.a.muggle Well-Known Member

Story on HLN news, talking with former FBI person

Edit: Elizabeth Smart reacted to the news on Instagram

20. Mariel Van Arkle

Mariel Van Arkle Well-Known Member

Could it be perps father?

21. PommyMommy

Elizabeth Smart: 'What a miracle!!! Jayme Closs has been found'
    Elizabeth Smart, an outspoken advocate on kidnapping after her much publicized captivity in 2002 shook the nation, called it a miracle Friday that Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs has been found alive.

Smart posted on Instagram: "What a brave, strong, and powerful survivor!!!! No matter what may unfold in her story let’s all try to remember that this young woman has SURVIVED and whatever other details may surface the most important will still remain that she is alive."

“When I look in the mirror, I also see a mother and a wife, and someone I am proud to be,” she said in an interview in March. “I see an advocate. I see a survivor.”

Even with all the terrible things that happened to her, Smart told the Arizona Republic that in many ways, she was lucky.

Smart concluded her Instagram post with a powerful message: "May god bless you Jayme Closs and may we all continue to search for every missing child."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.