Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty Wetterling to Jayme Closs' family: 'Hold on and stay strong'
Patty Wetterling said she was “dancing around” when she heard the news Thursday night that 13-year-old Jayme Closs had been found alive after nearly three months.

Wetterling’s son, Jacob, was abducted in St. Joseph, Minnesota in 1989. His body was found in 2016 after his killer, Danny Heinrich, confessed.

“It’s hard to explain, it is really hard to explain because my hope was real and it’s real for every searching parent until you know that it’s not," she said. "For them, it’s real today and you can go forward from here. I’m so happy.”

Wetterling was at a board meeting for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, D.C. when she heard that Jayme had been found.

“I have said for a very long time I think she’s alive because if she was dead, they would have found her and they are already had a crime scene with the parents being dead and I think she was the target and she’s alive,” Wetterling said. “That was our prayer for so many years and it’s my continued prayer for missing kids out there, that many of them are still alive.”

When asked what she would tell Jayme’s extended family, Wetterling said she would tell them to stay strong for her as they piece together what happened.
How very kind of her. A shining example of how tragedy sometimes brings out the best in people.

Me too.

I think I’m conditioned to expect the name to leak quickly, as they tend to do in mass shootings.

I thought we’d have it hours ago.

If he has accomplices, is it possible they don't want this info. made public, because the accomplices might take off for parts unknown? IDK.

JMVHO.

Since Jayme is an orphan by definition she is a ward of the state. There would likely be someone there to look after her interests but I don't believe it would be a family member. Law enforcement is going to want to get as much of the story they can get from her before she is around people who might know other information about the case or her access to any news of the case so that nothing she says is contaminated by outside knowledge.

Not necessarily- Jayme’s parents may have named a guardian for her in their wills. It is standard practice for anyone with minor children. (If they had wills)

A will has nothing to do with who takes care of your children if they become orphaned. But this is getting way off topic.
Actually it does have something to do with it because the parents' estates have to go through Wisconsin probate court. It's why parents designate guardians for their minor children in their will. JMO

If he has accomplices, is it possible they don't want this info. made public, because the accomplices might take off for parts unknown?
Definitely possible.

The sheriff eluded to other people being involved in this, and they’d certainly want time to track them down (if they exist).

Then again, they probably found out fairly quickly that she had escaped, so they might have run already.

Not that I’m worried about them getting away.

morbid curiosity as you will.
I want to see what her living conditions were.
Interesting.

I do agree. It is perhaps morbid curiosity. This girl has been missing for 3 months. We have all, I suspect, wondered who took her, what happened or was happening, where she was, what was going on etc...etc.. I think it is natural to want to see and understand and know. Is that morbid, well maybe in some peoples eyes. For me, it helps to maybe answer questions or to piece together the puzzle as to why she was taken, by whom, and perhaps for what reasons. Seeing also may shed light on what she may have endured etc etc etc. I too want to see and want to know. I do want to know. Knowing/Seeing also to a degree, can shed light as to the perp's motivation.

Eau Claire isn't the same town. Quite a distance away.
So there is an Eau Claire that is a town? And an Eau Claire Acres that is a neighborhood in Gordon? (Confused.)
"Closs was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y, according to the board chairman from the Town of Gordon."

Girl found alive after parents' murder

I'm in the UK and have just gone on to the BBC website to read the morning's news when I spotted a headline saying 'missing 13 year-old found after parents' murder' - I knew it had to be Jayme! What amazing news.
Ha! I had the opposite reaction here in the US.

It literally said her name in the headline and I still had to verify it with other news organizations.

One of those rare cases where it seems too good to be true, but isn’t.

So there is an Eau Claire that is a town? And an Eau Claire Acres that is a neighborhood in Gordon? (Confused.)
"Closs was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon, Wisconsin on Highway Y, according to the board chairman from the Town of Gordon."

Yes, there is a town called "Eau Claire". Home to University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire. Population is about 65,000.

Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member