Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding JP working at JennieO for a day and then quitting because he was "moving".

1) he would likely have been in town BEFORE that day for an application, interview.

2) saying he was moving means that he was living THERE at the time?

So I'm curious about the weeks before he worked at JennieO.

MOO

Same here! So many questions about the single day of employment when he was what...18? <modsnip - discussing family SM>

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly....who knows. Denise did a lot of volunteer work with her church. Jayme said if she had a million dollars she would help feed the poor. Umh....he worked there for a day. Where was he living during that time?

I'm thinking his parents have a house in Barron County...but haven't been able to locate this info.

The Latest: Cabin's ownership changed days after abduction

Dad transferred cabin’s ownership to a credit union on 10/23. I used to work for a credit union, in the collections department. Mind you this was nearly 20 years ago, so some things could have changed. But, I do have some questions.

Normally someone signing over the deed is a way to avoid the legal costs of foreclosure. The financial institution is about to foreclose, the owner knows they can’t make the payments and they sign over the deed. Why? Because all legal fees involved in a foreclosure are charged to the owner. As soon as the home is sold, all fees are paid first, the balance of the proceeds are applied to the mortgage. If there is a balance left on the loan, the owner is still responsible for paying this amount. The financial organization could file suit and garnish wages and/or bank accounts. If the property sells for more than what is owed, the excess is given to the individual.

After a home is legally foreclosed or a deed in lieu of foreclosure is signed, the financial institution inspects the property. They need to know what they have, what repairs it may require, an updated value, etc. Also, at this time, they would do what was needed to secure the house while it sat vacant, including doing any necessary winterizing for the plumbing, etc.

With all that in mind... How JTP hide his existence at this residence from the credit union? Was his family not questioning where he was staying? LE asked people to check their cabins. Did both JTP’s dad and the credit union ignore these requests?

Just curious and wondering if LE could have found JC sooner had due diligence, by all, been done.
I’m sure these inspections are supposed to happen, but I once walked into an animal hoarding case where the bank that had foreclosed on a property had no idea that the previous owner’s former tenant just never moved and had continued to squat there, rent-free, for 6 or 8 months with 3 dozen cats. It happens.

I don’t want to start a rumor, so I’ll say I haven’t followed this case for awhile. But if I recall correctly, didn’t Jayme participate in dance? If so, perhaps JTP was (is) pervy, went to the tween dance recitals and became fixated? This is just my rampant speculation.

But is it true that Jayme participated in dance?

Yes. That stuck with me since the very beginning. Since she was very young.

I wondered the same thing. And hasn't it been posted that the house was on the market (just recently taken off)? How could that be? Did the credit union take possession of it and put it on the market without ever looking at it and seeing that someone lived there? Was JTP basically squatting in an empty, abandoned house? This guy really lucked out.

The house recently taken off the market was not the Patterson's.

Hard to see how a one-day job translates ro finding out about the daughter of another worker...even if he did work with one of the parents, which isn’t indicated. It is not like he would be in Jayme’s age group or school so I can’t see how that would come up. Hope we find out how he chose Jayme. It is important to know.

Regarding JP working at JennieO for a day and then quitting because he was "moving".

1) he would likely have been in town BEFORE that day for an application, interview.

2) saying he was moving means that he was living THERE at the time?

So I'm curious about the weeks before he worked at JennieO.

MOO

Where did he live there? And if he did, where did or do his “friends” live?

I would guess, just based on the screenshot someone posted in the last thread with his comments about hockey security, that he only worked at Jenny O for one day because he thought it was beneath him. I also don’t see him as a handyman or any other job like that for the same reason. I can’t see him selling drugs either, who goes to THAT guy to buy drugs? I can’t see it as a very long career for him. How do I put it? More Pointdexter than Scarface, maybe...? Where the money came from? I don’t know, would have guessed being bankrolled by one/both parents until I read the house may be in foreclosure.

Well, there were a few cold case detectives who thought the target was one of the parents and motive was a 'beef' against them, and I always thought the same, and that Jayme was not the target. I will happily 'eat crow' as those of us who thought that were shown to be completely wrong! The only thing that matters is that Jayme was amazingly found alive through her own strength and courage, and this monster was arrested.

Concerning the loss of her parents, I can understand what she's going through. I lost my brother when we were 17 and I think about him all the time, even to this day. It's a heartbreaking experience and is agonizing to live with. On top of the abduction and being held prisoner (and it doesn't take a genius to work out that he very likely raped her), I cannot even begin to fathom what's going through her head. The angels are looking down on you, Jayme.

Maybe the credit union was letting him stay there in return for him being a "care-taker" while they had it on the market? But it would sure be risky to keep the girl locked up there if there was always the possibility of a prospective buying coming by. But maybe since it was fall/winter, the market is dead.

You don't have to take care of a rural cabin IMO. All you have to do is make sure everything is shut off for winter and locked up, then turn it all back on in the spring.

If that cabin had been winterized by the credit union, they would not have had running water for 3 months. I would love to know if the utilities had been kept on somehow and what his plan was once the cabin went up for sale.

Realistically, I know he probably didn't have a plan or end game for this other than hoping she would fall in love with him eventually and be a wife eventually. But I'm just so curious about what his motive was in doing this and if he had been stalking the family for days, knew any of them, etc.

It's going to be a long, hard recovery for JC. I hope she never reads the MSM comments on news articles from when she was missing because people were awful. Some still are looking for ways to blame the victim. If she had KIK or any other app to talk to this guy, the police would have found it in the 3 months that she was missing. She was very lucky to survive this ordeal, and unlike Elizabeth Smart, she doesn't have a strong family unit to go back to now.

Why do people think there has to be some sort of family tie or link? Abductors usually have zero ties. Simple he had a plan to kidnap a girl just link the hundreds of previous abductors before him. He very Most likely had been cruising around in a different town to find his prey. The further away from where he lived the better. LE already confirmed there were no links. Predators who plan a kidnap, always pick people that have zero ties with as it means they will never be under the radar. I am certain Jake confirmed he had no ties with the Closs this in his first interrogation with LE. This explains why police said he covered his tracks and the lack of links.

What most likely happened? He wanted an young girl for his keep. He went cruising around schools saw her walking alone from school, stalked her and found out where she lived and more about her family. He put his plan into action that fateful night.

Nothing really strange about this just a typical abduction. I guess we will see when everything comes to light

Lol
Incel, eh? Involuntarily Celibate....cry me a river...

Geez, ever occur to these guys to get off their butts & out of their internet echo chambers of rage, despair & victimhood & DO something about their lives...

Ugh

Hate to say it but I think these violent abductions of young girls by very young men is going to become increasingly common....:( sure hope I'm wrong....

I actually think that you are right. There is some sort of entitlement mentality, that these men have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an addiction to *advertiser censored*, that reduces women to objects. Further, this loser wanted a young girl, not a woman who was more experienced. He would have been too fearful to rape a woman. He wanted a child.

Think people are stunned because 3 people 3 cell phones. Odd work hours... I can get random... but to chance it... how would he know there’s no security or ring cam, how does he know James isn’t sleeping in basement working on fantasy football ..

Still wanna think he was in home before event...

To just say cute girl, I’ll off their parents and take her...is effing insane....coulda been house guest, hell someone almost got 911 call off...

Effin nuts, every town over 1000 lives needs cams on last points out of town....
There is a long line of insane people. The Groene children were playing in a kiddie pool, Joseph Duncan saw them. He killed the parents and a older brother so he could take them. The Petit family were attacked because their killers saw the mom and the youngest daughter in a parking lot. I'm sure there are more. It is very scary.

Me either. Perps that hurt children (much less kill parents) get nothing but disgust and WAY MORE from me. This is the first case I have followed on here. Now that he is the likely perp and will be charged, can I say everything I would like to say about him?? Because I am holding back the nastiest rermarks.... just saying.... Well we know Taco Bell is a long way away in prsion too and I doubt the care if you want extra cheese or onions on your burrito.... Yah, he looks well fed and clean where she was described as skinny, matted hair and dirty.... Grrrrr.....

I think as a light comment I will add that I read Grandpa is buying her a steak tonight and I hope he has water and stale bread at best. Just a little teeny bit of justice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth