Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I have upper Midwest roots and imo, it's more likely to be described as a "home" rather than a "cabin" if it's winterized and could be used as a permanent residence. Whether it was fancy or simple doesn't matter as much as the winterized info, imo.

(Grew up spending LOTS of winter weekends in a non-winterized cabin, FWIW! I can pee below zero, lol!)

2. Tim Constas

Tim Constas Do not go gentle into that good night

The Sheriff reiterated that they had no reason to believe JC or her parents had prior contact with the suspect. How is it that he saw her and took the path that he did?

3. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Door shot in by shotgun as reported early in the investigation from Denise's dad. LE obviously didn't want that detail out and I can understand why.

He did also confirm there was NO DISCERNABLE AUDIO from the 911. Even with the knowledge/suspect in custody they have now, the 911 call was not helpful.

I have chills, the joy is now turning into realization that this *** brutally murdered Denise and James to abduct Jayme. I just can't comprehend it, but he will never see the light of day again IMO.

Jayme, I have faith in you, you are a survivor. You are brave, strong and will overcome this tragedy, I just know it. You've got a wonderful family who loves you dearly and a community standing strong beside you. Peace and comfort to you during your recovery!

#Jaymestrong

Amonet, TRB, Only4Justice and 22 others like this.
  4. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

Agree, 1 gunshot to a person and wow.

DancingMuse, LAhiker, human and 4 others like this.
  5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

All it would take is one afternoon for him to see where this young girl lived.

I walk my little dog most afternoons. I can tell you all right now where all the children in my neighborhood live. The school bus stops down the street, and every day I see the same kids walking up to their front doors. Some have family that meet them at the front. Most do not.

Did Jayme walk to her home after school, now that she was 13? That seems to be the age that kids begin making their own way from the bus or from their after school activities.

He could have seen her at Burger King and followed her as she walked home. Or as she left her friends house. Or her Mom picked her up from dance class, and he followed them one day.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Traymar, Amonet, TRB and 13 others like this.
  6. Mrs. Friday

Mrs. Friday Member

Why didn't anybody ask about the car??!!

HayLouise, DancingMuse, human and 9 others like this.
  7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I don't think they know yet. He's charged with murder and kidnapping. That might change by Monday, of course.

This group cares about Jayme - it truly shows.

jmo

DancingMuse, LAhiker, human and 5 others like this.
  8. Diamondems

Diamondems Active Member

This might have already been discussed, But it's been bothering me all morning. is the man in the background in this picture the one in jail for her kidnapping?

HayLouise, SAMS and palaminodee like this.
  9. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

I agree. That would have been terrifying and horrific. Her parents had NO chance.

10. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

The charging document would have to include such charges, I presume.

Mickey Mouse, DancingMuse and jash like this.
  11. 1987

1987 Well-Known Member

I have cameras and I depend on them, that said anyone with a cell phone can pinpoint a night vision camera using the camera on their phone. I don't know about doorbell cams

DancingMuse, human and Laughing like this.
  12. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Imo that looks like an older man. I don't think so. Moo

IowaMom4, Amonet, Alice253 and 13 others like this.
  13. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

It’s been mentioned before and it’s true, unless he confesses to LE in a truthful manner, we will never know his connection to the Closs family. If there was an internet/social media connection, it would’ve been discovered by now. What this creep saw on his one work day at turkey-o or since then, that caused his sick mind to develop such ideas, will never be known unless he confesses them. As much as I want to know what happened, how he pulled it off, how she escaped etc... Jayme is with her aunt, and hopefully her dog. Fingers crossed and all the good energy one can provide, is being sent to her, because we all know she has dark days ahead. But fortunately, for the brave girl, her darkest are behind her.

14. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

I think that was intentionally released. They wouldn’t have needed a tip to know that info. It’s clear as day when you run a basic search. I am very curious if and how the brother was involved.

15. Aqua

Aqua Just a girl in the world

Why won't they say what the connection in Barron is??? :mad:

DancingMuse, Peppery, human and 5 others like this.
  16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he may have spent more than 5 mins in the home.

17. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

I am guessing by Monday we could see quite a few additional charges.

DancingMuse, human, Stunned and 9 others like this.
  18. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

She will not feel safe for a very long time, if truly ever. Think about yourself at 13. If you can’t feel safe in your own home with your parents in the middle of a school night...WHEN could you? For many, a level of comfort is gone. Having P-PTSD, I never feel safe. Ever. Even 20yrs later. Never. So, I know she will never either. But, she can learn to tolerate it and live a wonderful normal life, with a lot of specialized therapy. I hope she’s protected at all costs. Especially for a while, as she tries to begin to recover from JP’s Hell on Earth. jmo

Traymar, TRB, Katharine and 28 others like this.
  19. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

No. It looks like her Uncle.

20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

No.

JonBye, DancingMuse, human and 8 others like this.
  21. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

He may have family there, stayed with a relative there, etc.

22. bellyup

bellyup "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme

I'm not sure what you are saying. Winterized means that no one lives there. Water is turned off and pipes are protected from freezing. Gas valves are closed, etc. Winterized means the house is able to sit through the winter without damage.

Non-winterized would mean heat, water, etc. is turned on and it's likely lived in through the winter.

I live in the upper midwest and work in reality. What these types of places are called is generally up to the families that have had them and what they use them for. "Cottage", "Cabin", "Lake house", "River house", "House", "Vacation home", etc. are all common uses for these types of places that can be either or depending on who you are talking to.

Some families don't use any of those and name the house itself. lol Like ... "We're going to Hunts Swallow" which would refer to their cottage on the river.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.