Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the CBS evening news segment about Jayme and they will have a special on tomorrow night 10pmEST/9pmC.

Yes, they are replacing(preempting until next week) a show about a case in my state that involves a decades old case the Parabon helped crack. I already had my DVR set to record the Knock Knock case, so I guess I am all set.

Yeah, no wonder the two brothers’ parents picked up and moved somewhere else. And they probably didn’t leave a forwarding address!

I’ve been having a quiet little wander around Gordon county court records; the parents didn’t move elsewhere together, nor did they move at the same time.

In addition, from various little tidbits I’m picking up here & there around the Internet, I’m leaning towards this not being a very “close” family.

Last edited:
Maybe that was the strongest scent of her leaving her house.

In the Laci Peterson case, it was claimed that scent dogs tracked her to the marina where her body was eventually found, but I always thought that was a bit of a stretch.

There are different kinds of scent dogs. I'm not an expert. But I do recall that dogs tracked Amber DuBois up an interstate highway and got within a few miles. This article talks about how they did it. Search dogs came close to finding Amber

View attachment 163752

PICTURED: Jayme Closs, 13, is seen for the first time a day after her miraculous escape as her kidnapper, 21, is charged with holding her captive for 88 days and murdering her parents in their home

Jayme Closs, 13, is seen for the first time after her escape | Daily Mail Online

It is so great to see this photo.
Is it me, or does her sweet little puppy seem to be looking at her aunt with an, “is she really home???”
Look? I cannot love this picture more.

I lived in the ECA (Eau Claire Acres) for over 7 years. These 'cabins' are lived in by few folks who are permanent residents but the vast majority are tourists from Barron, Chetek, the Twin Cities, Chicago. Barron has deep roots in the Gordon area however. I knew a group of 5 bear hunters that the only time they showed up at their cabin in the ECA was for fishing twice a year or running bears with dogs in the fall. They close up the place after bear hunting & you don't see them again til spring. It doesn't surprise me that this guy thought it possible to stay under the radar up in Gordon. Not at all.

So perhaps it's not that he saw Jayme in Barron--maybe the Closses went up there for a weekend sometime?

Steven Fabian on Twitter
Meet JN and her dog Henry. They’re the ones who first spotted #JaymeCloss alone and shaken on the side of a country road, and helped get her to safety.

DwqsJtyVAAAWHpR.jpg

I truly hope they can get this Devil to plea because I really badly don’t want Jayme to have to ever face him again. Just toss him in a cell and never see him again.
Kinda sorta agree. Not sure if Wisconsin has the death penalty but that would be an easy out for him. Life without parole is better...a lifetime to think about the grief he caused!

Could well be, in which case: Did he meet Jayme on Discord (for example?)

Was she having problems with her parents, maybe grousing a little?

<modsnip: unnecessary and irrelevant> according to police there was no indication she left her house involuntarily. Did Jake think he was "rescuing" her, and then when she understandably balked, kidnap her for lack of knowing what else to do?

<modsnip>

Fitzgerald said the suspect kidnapped Jayme. <modsnip>

How many times does Fitzgerald have to repeat it that Jayme has no online activity with the suspect?

He was unknown to all three victims.

The FBI experts know to look at all online activites including gaming sites.

The police never publically state a child has been sexually assaulted even if true.

Imo Jayme had no involvement at all with the monster who tried to destroy her life.

To speculate is so unfair to me when Fitzgerald has repeatedly said she didnt.

Imoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven Fabian on Twitter
Meet JN and her dog Henry. They’re the ones who first spotted #JaymeCloss alone and shaken on the side of a country road, and helped get her to safety.

DwqsJtyVAAAWHpR.jpg
I can almost guarantee that golden was all waggy and happy when Jayme approached them. They aren't always the rocket scientists of the dog world, but they're sweet as can be.

How did he case the house? He couldn't sit in his car anywhere close to the house because it is highway and he would be totally exposed. Did he sit in the woods, then he wouldn't see the front of the house. That sort of leaves, being in or around the house when they weren't home.

I think it would have been easy for him to spy on them by parking somewhere and walking through the woods. I think the house would have been pretty easy to break into when they weren't there, too. MOO.

I think we would do well to focus on the Jennie-O plant at some point.

Both parents worked there, the accused worked there, and the allegedly-random underwear thief worked there.

Horrible looking place, I have to say. I can't imagine the hell inside.
What are you talking about???

Fitzgerald said the suspect kidnapped Jayme. Did you watch the PCs?

How many times does Fitzgerald have to repeat it that Jayme has no online activity with the suspect?

He was unknown to all three victims.

The FBI experts know to look at all online activites including gaming sites.

The police never publically state a child has been sexually assaulted even if true.

Imo Jayme had no involvement at all with the monster who tried to destroy her life.

To speculate is so unfair to me when Fitzgerald has repeatedly said she didnt.

Imoo

I mean no offense - I'm not slagging gaming; just speaking from experience as a parent (and participant!) in some of the dialogue that takes place on Discord chat, etc. Police said they don't feel the two met via social media, but Discord chat is not really social media; it's very private in many cases.

Investigators are going to be very close-lipped about any method by which they felt the two may have interacted; with all due respect to the press conferences, we can't assume that there was no digital interaction (or digital aspect) to the case.

They may never have interacted, for example - Jake may have just lurked inside a game chat.

I know police are trying to be super careful about not "blaming the victim," e.g. making any suggestion at all that she played a part in her own kidnapping. If they go overboard protecting Jayme I'm fine with that. But there are a lot of legal ways to speak the technical truth (no pun intended) while not revealing all: Discord not being social media, for example.

I am mostly just thrilled she has been found alive, and I and my co-workers have had huge smiles on our faces all day. Feels SO good to have good news for a change (of any kind!)

"One woman, Patricia Osborne, did describe Patterson and his brother as getting in trouble.

“They’ve stolen stuff before. They’ve been in foster care,” she said. “And the dad I guess, I don’t know. I’ve met him and talked to him when I walked through the neighborhood but that’s about all I know.”
Suspected killer, kidnapper Patterson's life remains a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member