Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

If only we knew more about what made him decide October and Jayme were his perfect storm - we know he had the house to keep a victim hidden and secure -he had a vehicle to take her there - what else made him decide the time was right ? I’m sure it will be something in his past- his online presence- or perhaps those that surround and influence him? IMO

2. WanderingGypsy

WanderingGypsy Active Member

James could not have prevented this. He was a victim. He and his wife were murdered. Jayme was abducted and held against her will. James could not have done more to protect them. The only one to blame is the perpetrator. Period.

3. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

We do know more. He drove 3 hours to have sex with a 15 year old. Someone posted an article about him.

kareylou, MrsM, cocomod and 35 others like this.
  4. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

I have
    So are you feeling that something must have happened to both of these young men that have made them feel that they are entitled to taking advantage of underage females ?

Mariel Van Arkle, Ellmau and MCDRAW like this.
  5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Of course we should let her decide. That is exactly my point. I just don't want her to be guilted into making all the private details public if she does not choose to.

And I think it is unfair to burden her with some 'social responsibility' to do so, at 13. If she wants to testify, that is great. But if she doesn't want to, she shouldn't be labeled in a negative light, as somehow it is indicating she feels shame. Maybe she just wants some privacy?

6. Zephyranth

Zephyranth Well-Known Member

The abduction of a child is inherently ugly :(

Unfortunately, by definition, working to understand cases of child abduction--in order to prevent or shorten future cases--by definition can seem ugly.

But it must be done.

Jayme matters 100%. Future victims matter, 100%. The balancing act is not easy.

silversurvivor and Seenit like this.
  7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

<modsnip>
    Please see my post above about Ed Smart’s interview on HLN today—-he said one of the most important things (paraphrasing) is that Jayme know this was not her fault.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019
  8. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I have no idea. We currently know so little about either.

9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Jmo no. There are so many men who feel entitiled to sex from any women or girls they choose. I doubt anything particular happened to them except for the all too prevalent feelings and expectations that they should have what they want. An attitude that gets worse with each generation IN MY OPINION.

10. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

11. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread #36 for Jayme's case.

Be sure to read the opening posts, and specifically the notation about off topic posts resulting in thread bans.

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.