Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

Over the last couple of days while doing some background sleuthing/digging, I’ve noticed that I’m having to tweak search terms and cross-reference various databases/check different ones more than I should to bring up *all* I’m looking for. The brother’s various convictions are an example.

And after the mortgage fiasco, I’m triple rather than double checking sources.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Bolded by me: This is what is on my mind. The brother's sex crimes happened at a time when Jake was especially impressionable. I do think the brother was an influence in this crime against Jayme - not that every younger sibling is destinted to follow in a sibling's footsteps (please don't assume I'm making that statement), but that the brother's actions were an influence that then festered and grew into a fantasy that JP then put into action, like his brother put his desires into action.

I'm not stating this well, but I hope ykwim.

jmo

Lucyray, Quill, bellyup and 10 others like this.
  3. Shelby2

Shelby2 Well-Known Member

It's not unusual to be curious about the perp though.

DancingMuse, Safeguard and Sjm_qc like this.
  4. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I too am extremely interested in how the Perp targeted, and became transfixed with Jayme. I'm wondering if he had some relative who had similar dance activities as Jayme, or he spotted her at the school bus stop.

I can't figure out why he felt then need to bust in to her house and murder the parents. He could have accomplished his aim much easier, unless Jayme was indeed with someone at all times? (Except the bus stop).

It's just so crazy. Why Jayme?

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, Alcina and 15 others like this.
  5. PosterStashBag

PosterStashBag Active Member

Thanks! Id say they are pretty accurate. A straight line right down Route 53.

IHAVENOCLUE and DancingMuse like this.
  6. Saribella

Saribella Well-Known Member

As I stated before, I am also an older sibling who has had a younger sibling act like me at times with behaviors.

DancingMuse likes this.
  7. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

That’s a kinda misleading headline. The comment “they were super nice” was made by his neighbor in the subdivision about the Patterson family when the neighbors moved in and had nothing to do with the Closs family.

Sorry if someone else has pointed that out. I rarely sleep but last night I did and I haven’t totally caught up with the thread.

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, Alcina and 11 others like this.
  8. Saribella

I'm wondering, since he was 18, that they had it expunged at a certain point.

9. Shelby2

10. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

It's no big deal. Mods are very clear about coming at each other

Moonsie, 8paws, TRB and 28 others like this.
  11. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

Plus they grew up in the same environment, with the same influences. Each child is different, but similar factors may have played out in both.

12. trailrunningmrs.

trailrunningmrs. Active Member

Both crimes occurred in October.
    Both involved underage girls.
    One clearly more violent than the other.
    Younger brother could be seen as escalated violence (I know this is stretching the connection), but I think people are seeing one, even if it’s as simple as one brother trying to show the other brother that he’s worthy and just like him.

Not my personal feelings just trying to demonstrate that some might see a connection.

13. Shelby2

I don't think the older brothers charges influenced Jake unless there are other factors we don't know about. Kidnapping and double homicide.. Those are the crimes of a truly disturbed individual.

kae27, libraryg, Forpsy and 11 others like this.
  14. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I want to add to all these posts a big thank you! for all this information!! I'm trying to keep up. I am reading as fast as I can....

However, I don't want the thread shut down cause someone is unhappy about someone else being proud of Jayme.

I too am proud of Jayme!!
    Bam!!!
    You go girl!!

15. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is, I don't think I made it up. I'll see if I can track it down.

DancingMuse, Sjm_qc and Shelby2 like this.
  16. Saribella

Heck yeah, I'm proud of Jayme too. Whoever wants to hate on that...I don't get it. The girl helped herself in such a brave manner not only to survive but to get that creep off the street.

17. Tim Constas

Tim Constas Do not go gentle into that good night

I understand what you mean, that being, you can pick up someone else's traits.

8paws, Forpsy and oceanblueeyes like this.
  18. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

I don’t think so, as MSM, at least one other poster & I eventually found the link to the court case.

It’s not the first time/case that this has happened to me (having trouble getting complete search results), I just have to remember to vary search terms/ word order/use an initial instead of a full first name, for example. Also clearing my cache helps because prior searches can influence results of newer ones, depending on search engines.

19. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Is it possible he decided he would take "a girl" and started planning and prepping before having a specific target? Maybe it is more random than we think and he just went out hunting once he thought he had a perfect plan and was ready to go get "a girl" that turned out to be Jayme. Could have seen her and her mom out that same evening perhaps. Dunno, just thinking.

MrsM, pepper 34, 8paws and 19 others like this.
  20. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I understand, but at this time I think its just a distraction. When and if LE says there's a connection, I definitely think it's up for sleuthing. But, also I thought we weren't supposed to sleuth anyone that wasn't named as a POI. Could be wrong though. Right now I just think it's a waste of good brain cells...not much out there on him.

pepper 34, 8paws, Via Marple and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.