Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. They can seal charges when the perp is a minor or very controversially (and unconstitutionally, it appears to me) in some federal cases when it is felt that revealing charges can lead to a larger case being destroyed and/or the public harmed because revealing charges would lead other perps to get wise to an on-going investigation.

For the most part we don't have secret trials in this country. We are not Iran or the Philippines.

Democracy demands that charges be public.

I still remember Shasta and Dylan Groene's father yelling at spectators in the courtroom and calling them pedophiles during the trial against his son's murderer, because the prosecution was about to show video of his son being sexually tortured by Duncan and he wanted the "audience" to leave.

I don't blame him. How horrible.

But the judge did not allow a closed courtroom.
:( I have not read in detail about The Groene case, I had no idea what happened during the proceedings how traumatic :(
Thank you for responding MOO
Edited: spelling

Ah yes. I'll bet he told Jayme. He told her his name so he probably told her how he planned and went about everything. It just surprises me he didn't take better care of her, cleanliness, food and all.
The school teacher and police couple neighbors said she told them color and kind of vehicle. I got the impression she said “red truck” or “white SUV” which in a town that small was obviously easy for LE to spot especially since they knew to start looking ina general area (near his house). She told them ha first and last name. It’s possible she heard his friends call him by his first name. She may have seen his last name on a bill, Mail, etc. A girl I was reading about last night was given books to read while in captivity. She saw the name of the captor inside a cookbook she gave her. She later asked who the name was and he asked “how do you know my name?”

My point - there’s a million ways she could know his name. She was there for 3 months.

Yes. They stated that during an interview of the aunt IIRC.
And saved her Christmas gifts and stocking for her. Also something I read earlier. At least that's a little something special for her. As much positive for her as possible. Until she's (and if) ready to deal with the heartache, which I believe is also necessary.

In that case, the defendant pled guilty. So extensive details didn't come out in a trial. And prior to trial the state was successful in keeping the arrest warrant sealed for months and then when released, heavily redacted, in order to protect the on-going investigation.

If this case goes to trial the details are going to come out. If it doesn't, hopefully the only details that will come out will be those JC wants released.
Good to know. Thx

Me too. Same with shaved head remark. How does LE know? Hope they are not just saying how well planned it all was to justify not finding him. The only way they can know why he shaved his head is if he told them or told Jayme, imo.
Keep in mind, the FBI, of all agencies couldn't solve this either. LE doesn't have to justify anything. From what I've read and seen they didn't drop the ball. If there's anyone that needs to justify their actions, it's JTP.

Can someone explain what's happening with the perpetrator on Monday? During Friday's second press conference they talked about looking out for something on that day, but I couldn't figure out if it's going to be live or posted afterwards.

I noticed his head was shaved in the picture with his mom bag in his mugshot which leads me to believe he always has a shaved head??

3 months after completely shaving your hair, your hair would be longer than his hair in the mugshot, right? If so, it seems he keeps his head buzzed cut

I think this is cropped from year book..
He seems different here... but same buzz cut
A lot people will do this for sports or cost.

If Sherrif says he did to avoid evidence that’s creepy af and hints he was going inside that house if he needed to.

Attachments

• E8D288CF-4399-477F-80C7-8846849760AE.jpeg
    E8D288CF-4399-477F-80C7-8846849760AE.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
At first, it was the two brothers living there after the remaining parent moved out, and the brother is older. At some point that I don't know, the brother seems to have moved to CO and JTP was there alone.
It says the brother moved to CO 'a few years ago', so I'm assuming the two boys were left alone in the home even before that.. so just wondering how long the accused has been left to his own devices without any real adult supervision or anything. It seems that leaving him with his slightly older brother may have been above the brother's paygrade, and then he moved out as well... how many years ago?

Talking about the accused's brother here:

"He moved to Leadville, Colorado a few years ago, where he worked at a Subway sandwich shop."
Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother

Can someone explain what's happening with the perpetrator on Monday? During Friday's second press conference they talked about looking out for something on that day, but I couldn't figure out if it's going to be live or posted afterwards.
On Monday is his first court appearance and they have to go into a little more detail about the charges against him. This info is public. THe thing is, this isn't a trial where we hear all kinds of motives and see evidence. The state is just presenting it's charges to the judge.

Last edited:
Talk therapy works to some extents for children and there's age and severity of trauma to consider. Thing is, to relive this in a courtroom would be devastating, to have it plastered with her peers would be even worse. In this day and age when nothing is ever truly gone from print, we have an even greater responsibility to young people who have been assaulted. She's 13 and that's an incredibly sensitive time for women and how they relate to others and view themselves, it's bad enough to have a pimple that everyone else can see, privacy is so important at this age and what others think about you is more important that what you think about yourself. So yes, reliving a traumatic event, in front of strangers, talking about private things and not having the coping mechanisms of an adult can actually make things worse. It's like if you have a deep wound, you'll have some scarring but if you have a deep wound and you repeatedly pick the scab off it leaves you with a much deeper scar. As she gets older she'll revisit some of this trauma, but she'll be stronger and older and have developed more coping mechanisms, if she's allowed the chance to heal properly now. I'm so happy that our judicial system has learned this and works better at protecting our victims.

Agreed, more were learn about inner mind is amazing..... MDMA and mushrooms used to heal PTSD... tons of great stuff coming down the pipe..in addition to support and therapy

Well.. I see your point. None of us wants to go missing, but I guess it will be up to her as to if or when she ever wants to tell the world her story. I'm reminded of the case of Midsi Sanchez who was kidnapped when she was an 8-year-old child. Just like Jayme, it was Midsi herself who took action and freed herself from her kidnapper, despite the army of LE that was searching for her. Today at the age of 26, Midsi makes multiple tv, and news appearances telling her story. She says it makes her feel better. If you ever watch the show "I Survived," you'll see people from all walks of life that have found healing by sharing horrible things that they became victims of.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
I’ve been through some things myself. I have PTSD. Some of that I shared here, because of anonymity, I felt comfortable doing so. Not everyone wants this kind of info put out there along with their face. Some choose a public platform. I feel it should be a victims choice to make, not someone else’s. There is no shame in being a victim & choosing not to publicly speak about it does not mean that person is ashamed.
Whatever happens, Jayme’s healing, should be done her way & in her own time.
Thank you for replying :)
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members