Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

I had mentioned earlier I wasn't interested in having the correct theory and that's true--jayme's home and perp has been caught and that's what matters.

But I've been thinking lately about all my 'gut' feelings I had and the theories I was strongly leaning towards in addition to the things I felt sure about that turned out to be wrong. I think it's useful to go over them to keep in mind for the future (of course I hope there's no future case but...not holding my breath on that :(:mad:)

-I really felt this was someone who had been stalking Jayme unbeknownst to anyone, hence why James/Denise/Jayme wouldn't have felt unsafe and why interviewing family and friends didn't help. No one had any indication this was coming.
    -I also briefly brought up the unabomber and how he was a recluse in a cabin in the woods...I was thinking of the Shasta groene case as well and how her captor took her to the mountains. It makes sense when you take into consideration the land. Rural Wisconsin here for this case and Idaho and Montana I believe for the others. Also makes sense that these completely demented people would not be in mainstream society

I was completely wrong about the perp though. I for sure thought it would be a man 50+ with a previous history of some kind. 21 year old with nothing that we know of..wow. Sadly I'm not surprised by evil anymore but it DID really throw me for a loop.

Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE, MrsM and 13 others like this.
  2. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee

Just gonna drop this here. I am just thrilled to hear Jayme has been found. What that little girl witnessed when he took her that night, I can’t imagine. She has a lot of healing to do. I pray she gets the space to do it. Right now, you can see her family is beside themselves in celebration because she’s back in their arms.

Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE, MrsM and 22 others like this.
  3. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

bizzle2, Suglo, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
  4. Ibiz

Ibiz Back to work again.

I agree.

5. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH for finding that!

Here’s the quote some of us have been fussing about/looking for:

“Another resident of the development told The Daily Beast that the family who owns the cabin where Jayme was apparently kept was known to have run-ins with police. “There’s people in and out of that house,” he said.”

BBM.

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, Alcina and 15 others like this.
  6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Elizabeth Smart testified EIGHT YEARS after she was kidnapped. She was an adult by then.

This has nothing to do with "putting the stigma of rape on the survivor".

For me it has to do with trauma. Period.

But I also think it sort of has to do with an excited public's determination to hear details of abuse that a survivor may not want the public to hear. Sometimes people make excuses for why those details should be public and sometimes one of those excuses is that those of us who wish to afford a survivor privacy, are fostering the stigma of sexual assault.

She's a kid who can be retraumatized by reliving what happened to her and by the knowledge that a public desperate for details is hearing every bit of what occurred.

Elizabeth Smart didn't actually have therapy and she wasn't quizzed on the details by family when she escaped. Instead, she was surrounded by healthy family relationships and allowed to get back to a normal life as soon as possible. She went back to school. Her community treated her normally. She finished high school, went to college and became a missionary before she ever had to testify as to details.

She became a wife and mother before she spoke voluntarily on a tv program about what happened to her, in an effort to help other victims of abuse.

I hope JC can be equally protected and allowed to try to resume a normal life. I hope the creep pleads guilty so that JC can have some agency and the dignity and power of deciding if and when she speaks about the details of what she survived.

Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE, MrsM and 43 others like this.
  7. gitana1

Sorry about the autocorrect typo of "either" for "brother"!

8. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

9. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

Before all the stupid rumors about people missing in town ( THANK YOU WS FOR NOT ALLOWING THESE, NOW I NO WHY) I was very much in the camp of this being closer to a Joseph Duncan kind of encounter.

10. singlemom

singlemom Well-Known Member

And the sheriff says that JP is the only suspect in this case. And besides that, we don't sleuth unnamed suspects on WS.

11. gitana1

Can you imagine? There's the fear and horror of waiting for him to come back. Then the relief and joy of being freed and knowing you're with family and he's in jail.

But then there's the realization that you won't see your parents on earth again and that nothing will ever be the same.

Oh poor kid.

12. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

One parent signed over a quit claim deed to the other (sounds like her to him) probably due to divorce. So perhaps each had enough on their own plate when moving on to deal with wayward sons (if one had a long criminal history they may have been tired of dealing with it).

It seems like a poor decision but perhaps it made sense to the divorced owner at the time. And if the suspect had no criminal history maybe that person felt he would keep his brother in line, not realizing the JTP was a danger to others.

It sure seems like a horrible choice now but that’s just hindsight talking.

MOO

13. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

I think that’s entirely possible.

14. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Where is the autism diagnosis coming from?

Wells, Quill, mtnlites and 7 others like this.
  15. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Jake Thomas Patterson: Jayme Closs suspect was quiet student who hoped to join Marines
    JTP remains a mystery.

At Northwood School District in Minong, where he graduated from the K-12 school in 2015, Patterson was quiet and withdrawn, yet smart enough to be on a quiz team and able to crack a quick joke.

In the school's yearbook, he said after graduation he planned to enlist in the U.S. Marine Corps. and wrote, "I'm finally done with school."

As far as anyone knows, JTP never followed through on joining the military, was employed for just a day at a turkey plant, and drifted in the background in this rural swath of Wisconsin. He did not have a criminal record.

Patterson graduated from high school in a class of 34 students. A description of his high school years was provided by former students who didn't want to be named.

Classmates described him as quiet and seemingly indifferent.

Another former student, who was a year behind Patterson, said, "He seemed like he was just one of those guys in school that wanted to fit in, but couldn't because he lacked social skills. (He) never really made an impact in any way."

Patterson wrestled in elementary school, a classmate said, but wasn't interested in going to sporting events in high school, a noticeable trait in a small town where life revolves around school activities.

[​IMG]
    Jake Thomas Patterson, the suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs and murder of her parents, as seen in his freshman yearbook. (Photo: Bill Glauber / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Much more at the link

Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE, MrsM and 30 others like this.
  16. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Sorry. You get bonus points for persistence.

It's in Thread number 34. If you choose just that thread and hit search only that thread with the words you're searching ( I used comings and goings at the house), posts pop up related to that, if there are any. Just FYI, but you probably know how to search already.

17. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

I thought military.. just because of weapons and quick in and out with 2 fatalities... also thought military because might have pension... I didn’t see high IQ and 21 yrs old. Will be interesting to see how he stalked.. if he did... was it simply online ... catfishing.. talking to her daily as somebody else on vanishing app... he also could have bugged house or hacked phone.. can’t believe he didn’t get caught sooner..

18. gitana1

Me too. I mentioned that case here, Elizabeth Smart's case, the Matthew Hoffman case. It seemed most likely she was what they were after because she wasn't killed in that house with her parents. And she was taken away. (And not for one moment did I believe that baby had anything to do with it or the murderer. Had to leave the thread because of that speculation).

But I gotta' tell ya' I never would've guessed at a young perp. I never do!

This was terrifyingly brutal and "sophisticated" in the sense that he had to have the wherewithal to transport and hide, control and keep alive a teenager, for months, without detection.

I envisioned for sure a Duncan type. And possibly more than one perp.

Amonet, MrsM, pepper 34 and 19 others like this.
  19. Lorelei1

Lorelei1 Well-Known Member

I loved seeing the picture of JC with her aunt and now the picture of her with her uncle. To be able to have their niece, a part of their beloved sister, back with them, is truly a blessing. I agree JC has a lot of healing to do and I hope being surrounded by so much love from her family, friends and the community will be a great help her in her recovery.

Amonet, MrsM, Only4Justice and 12 others like this.
  20. Shelby2

Shelby2 Well-Known Member

That's a small school!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.