Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor who came to Jayme Closs' aid: 'We were armed and ready' for suspect to come looking
“When our neighbor J came in with Jayme, she said: ‘Get a gun. We don’t know if he’s after us,’” K said. “So we were armed and ready in case this person showed up.”

wisconsin_road.png

This is the road that Jayme Closs was found on. (Cristina Corbin/Fox News)

K said that three officers initially arrived at her home. They took Closs to safety and told KK and her kids to get away from any windows in case the suspected abductor came to their home.

“My kids and I – we went downstairs,” she said. “My husband was asked to stand guard at one of the doors on the upper floor. [Patterson] was then arrested not that far away from our house.”

Patterson’s father owned the secluded home where he is accused of keeping Closs captive. Kasinskas said, “It’s just a small little house with a lot of vehicles in the yard.”

(names changed to initials by me)
No officer stayed back to help guard?? How scary for that family as well!

Here you go. Sheriff: Closs ‘targeted’ by 21-year-old suspect with no... Jayme told Nutter that Patterson was gone in his red car and was expected to be back around midnight, though she wasn’t certain when he would return. The call log states that Jayme told the woman Patterson didn’t work, used to be in the military and “turns the radio up and sometimes has people come over while he is gone.”

There's info in that article that is new to me. The red car, his claim about being in the military, the part about coming back at midnight, and people coming over when he's not there. What people? Interesting.

Grandfather says Jayme Closs has no link to suspected kidnapper – Twin Cities
“He didn’t know Jayme, he didn’t know Denise or Jim,” Naiberg said. “(Jayme) don’t know him from Adam. (But) he knew what he was doing. We don’t know if he was stalking her or what. Did he see her somewhere?”

Attorneys for Patterson called the affair “a very tragic situation” and said they were relying on the court system to treat him fairly. Charles Glynn and Richard Jones said in a statement that they await Patterson’s initial court appearance and the filing of charges against him on Monday.

I don't know about that article, but the one that PommyMommy just posted says those neighbors grabbed their guns immediately. I believe the husband is a former police officer. Talk about stumbling on just the right set of people to help you!
The dog walker's husband is the retired police officer. But still, amazing how everything just aligned!

It makes me wonder if he was out looking for her. I know it makes for a more compelling narrative. But, like the shaved head detail, is it true?
In the 1st press conference a reporter asked LE and he said no, he was not out looking for her. In the 2nd press conference LE said he was out looking for her and then towards the end he said he didn't think JP was out looking......so it sounds like they don't know!

There's info in that article that is new to me. The red car, his claim about being in the military, the part about coming back at midnight, and people coming over when he's not there. What people? Interesting.
This makes no sense at all! What people came over while he was gone? And nobody opened their mouth? Not even for reward money but common decency? What story were they told? Nothing is making sense!

She likely never left JTP's house.

It almost seems like he had a different plan or planned something for 4-5 days... then changed....

Unless he kidnapped just for a baby and is completely detached psycho..

Maybe he was planning on kidnapping and taking 2 suitcases of clothes but 911 call messed that up...

I’m baffled... if she’s disheveled and hair unkempt... why are u even keeping her alive.

This makes no sense at all! What people came over while he was gone? And nobody opened their mouth? Not even for reward money but common decency? What story were they told? Nothing is making sense!
She could have been isolated in a portion of the house where no one was allowed.

Possibly kept tied up in a locked basement or something.

Had someone seen her, they would have likely connected the dots. And the people he associates with, would certainly jump at that reward money.

You can buy a lot of drugs with that.

Last edited:
She could have been isolated in a portion of the house where no one was allowed.

Possibly kept tied up in a locked basement or something.

Had someone seen her, they would have likely connected the dots. And the people he associates with would certainly jump at that reward money.

You can buy a lot of drugs with that.
How often was she left alone? He was coming back at midnight? Why communicate that to your hostage?

Wisconsin kidnapping, killing suspect lived under the radar
JTP grew up in Gordon, a sprawling township of 645 people tucked into the snowy evergreen forests about 35 miles (55 kilometers) south of Lake Superior. It's wild country; roadside signs admonish motorists to share the pavement with ATVs.

The few neighbors who know Patterson's family say he grew up in a cabin in a remote development that's a mix of seasonal and year-round homes about 10 miles (16 kilometers) outside Gordon proper. Patterson's high school teachers barely remember the now 21-year-old man who graduated only three years ago, and say they didn't realize he still lived in the area.

The suspect has no apparent online presence. It appears he has been living in the family cabin; property records indicate his father still owned the place in October. But he has kept a low profile. KK told The Star Tribune that she didn't even realize he was her neighbor.

Despite EP's criminal record, few across the township seem to have heard of his family. JK, the township's lone constable, said he knows almost everyone in the area but has never encountered the Pattersons.

One of the businesses closest to the development is J&K's Halfway House Bar and Grille. Owner KB said she's run the place for 22 years and had never heard of the family before JP was arrested.

"I have no clue who they are," she said.

(names changed to initials by me)

It was only 3 years ago that he graduated in a class of 34 teens.
Only 46 homes in the South Eau Claire Acres - and only a handful of those are permanent residences.
The constable did not know the family.
No friends at high school, a loner.

Perhaps his closest friend was his brother.

His parents moved out, brother moved out of state, unknown sister location. No mention of any other family members.

And no one knew much about him or his family.

And where would he go since he didn’t work? Not the local bar.

What is the major employer in Gordon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member