Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SeekingJana for your reply. I agree with you, the only thing I want to know about the suspect is that he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

That Jayme is home with her aunt is all I need to know as well. I wish the pictures of her now and the interviews with her family would stop now. She is traumatized, 1 week, a month or in a year she may wish the pictures and interviews were never released. I saw a post on Facebook that my friends in Wisconsin were sharing "Healing Jayme" page releasing an address for anyone who wants to send well wishes of support to Jayme. I am hoping someone filters the letters she is sent because there are some real nut jobs in the world that will talk about assaults, etc etc. Actually, what I really hope is a victims advocate will tell the Healing Jayme page to post asking for no letters to be sent to Jayme. As it is, her name will be mentioned for years every time a child goes missing. I would rather her family closes the public window into Jayme's life from this point on until Jayme is old enough and healed enough to decide how much access and knowledge she wants the public to have to her. The life she knew was shattered, she has a long road of recovery . I feel like all the pictures being shared and the family interviews is still a means of holding her hostage...still being forced to be associated with the evil monster who killed her parents and held her hostage for 88 days. Hasn't she already been through enough ?

I think he was still in the puppy love phase (makes me sick to type it) with it only being 3 months. As time would move forward he may have grown tired of her and wanted that new phase feeling again. That's when I think her life might be in danger as well as his next victim's family.
This guy is one sick dude! imo
I think it is love. I have no clue how he found her but I think you are onto something. Finding out HOW he chose her is the big question. I wonder if they will ever let us know how he found her or will it be swept under the rug?

From one who knows what abduction, separation from every part of life ever known, and constant torture and fear of death feels like, yes, it has a large potential for adding to the trauma already present, whether she absolutely wanted to go on national TV or not today.

Self- doubt ( Did I do all I could?) and sometimes, residual fear, and the many flashbacks to the traumas do cause survivors to re-think allowing their face and name to be put on national media after they are safe.

I went to extraordinary lengths to have the person who stalked, abducted and tortured me tried in what I can only describe as a " special court of law" for privacy's sake. His career made it possible. The state attorney general presided over the prosecution and was the person who questioned me. In any other person's circumstances, I'd call it " transcendent", the way we worked together in sync. I was scared and angry, but I set all those emotions aside and I apparently did well because the state AG told me I was the best witness he'd ever had in all his career. That's when I broke down, literally. He wrapped his arms around me and somehow got me to a quiet place.

OMG, I hope Jayme doesn't have to go through this. I hope with all my heart it can be prevented for her memories. You NEVER forget any of it, but being in court and having a prominent defense attorney question MY motives was soul- crushing and dehumanizing until I took a moment and realized what he and the creep who tried to kill me were doing. I believe I did outsmart him because I never acknowledged any " good" in him at all.
He had nurses as character witnesses who really effed up. One got on the stand, glared at me, broke down into tears, and said " He bought me Christmas presents for several years. He was more like a husband to me than my own husband".
I smiled despite myself at her huge gaffe.
I'm going to close this post while I'm still smiling.
Love and good night to you all. :)

@Tricia, thank you for taking time out to be with us here tonight. (( Hugs)))!
Thanks for your insight and strength.

I’m glad that the 48 Hours Special used the opportunity to highlight other missing persons cases, as there was very little (if any?) new info shared about Jayme’s case.

If you find yourself going in circles, waiting for details to trickle in, might I suggest that you check out another case?

I caught an Oxygen special on Phoenix Coldon, missing from St. Louis since 2011. At some point it was mentioned that her disappearance never got much widespread public interest. The first thing I did was pick up my phone and head over to Websleuths, sure that the message boards were going to prove that wrong. Sadly, I found one thread, with a handful of pages.

So, I’d like to encourage everyone to be happy in this moment, and then consider putting your finely honed sleuthing skills to work on Phoenix Coldon’s thread.

Link to video:
Link to thread: MO - MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

Thank you SeekingJana for your reply. I agree with you, the only thing I want to know about the suspect is that he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

That Jayme is home with her aunt is all I need to know as well. I wish the pictures of her now and the interviews with her family would stop now. She is traumatized, 1 week, a month or in a year she may wish the pictures and interviews were never released. I saw a post on Facebook that my friends in Wisconsin were sharing "Healing Jayme" page releasing an address for anyone who wants to send well wishes of support to Jayme. I am hoping someone filters the letters she is sent because there are some real nut jobs in the world that will talk about assaults, etc etc. Actually, what I really hope is a victims advocate will tell the Healing Jayme page to post asking for no letters to be sent to Jayme. As it is, her name will be mentioned for years every time a child goes missing. I would rather her family closes the public window into Jayme's life from this point on until Jayme is old enough and healed enough to decide how much access and knowledge she wants the public to have to her. The life she knew was shattered, she has a long road of recovery . I feel like all the pictures being shared and the family interviews is still a means of holding her hostage...still being forced to be associated with the evil monster who killed her parents and held her hostage for 88 days. Hasn't she already been through enough ?
Im sure they will be..They are going through Light The Way Home in C/O Jayme

Does anyone else think that a lot of this has to be tremendously tiring and re-traumatizing for Jayme?

I really hope that the photos and interviews and stuff stop. Leave them alone. Let them hunker down with trained professionals and Jayme and give her a gentle life balance without a bunch of circus to try and heal.

Sorry, it frustrates me to no end that a child goes from a horrific trauma to being traumatized in a new way. And while I know people are well intentioned all of the messages of "She's so strong" or anything that starts with "She will/should..." don't really give her any chance to be weak or find healing in her own way. They put pressure on a child who has been through A LOT.

There should be no expectations at all put on this poor girl or her family at this point. Like. None at all. Support doesn't have to be "You're so strong, you'll heal, you have an awesome family and you'll do great things like Elizabeth Smart and we love you."

Can you imagine what she's been through and seeing "Welcome Home!" plastered everywhere? She. Didn't. Come. Home. And she's aware of that.

Support can be "We're standing with you and will support you in whatever ways you need for however long you need. There's nothing that is right or wrong right now. We are just here for you."

If only society understood how valuable anonymity & privacy regarding deeply personal tragedy can be.

Infamy is an insidious thing which erodes any last lingering threads of trust. Often one must leave all they've known behind for some semblance of sanity.

Last edited:
Me too. I think everyone is bubbling over with joy!

I also am hoping that the family is sharing the joy in the hopes it "feeds" the media something - toss 'em some bones of photos and interviews and then they will go away to the next story, rather than lurk around hoping to get the scoop.

Everyone got a scoop....so they can leave soon, ykwim?

jmo
Absolutely. That's a strong family and they will be protecting that child till she's forty. Lol

I am positive Jayme's family loves her and I trust they will take very good care of her shelter,food, clothing, medical and other needs. But this soon after her escape, Jayme is still traumatized and she is only 13..she doesn't know how she feels about all the media attention and they couldn't possible know how she feels unless they went through witnessing their parents being killed and being held captive for 88 days. They just can't. So no..as much as they love her , the interviews and sharing photos are not in her best interest.

I have only one thing to offer from personal experience and that is Grief is a long arduous and painful heartbreaking journey, and the only choice in this life is to either sink or swim. We are helpless in the face of it, but whatever helps to get you through.

I apologize if others took my posts about the families interviews as bashing the family. Of course, I was not bashing the family. I was speaking as a mom of 4 daughters and remembering how sensitive they were at 13 yrs old and how cruel kids at school can be. I apologize if I offended anyone.

I have a feeling Patterson has had a history of mental problems and his family was well aware of it. That fits to me. jmo
I don't think they had any idea that it was he who committed these crimes tho. jmo
You would like to know if it “crossed” the minds of his parents/brother, if maybe their son/brother was responsible for This crime.
I mean, I think many of us who had family around the greater area had it cross their mind.

The great part is Jayme at least has a loving home to go to. Family she knows and by all appearances has a close, loving relationship with. It's going to be a huge learning curve for all as they navigate thru this incredibly difficult time. I'm sure they will have excellent support systems in place as they move forward.

Yet the biggest question remains.. why kill the parents? He sure went to alot of unnecessary risk to abduct Jayme... WHY? Was it a fantasy of his to go to this extreme? Color me confused, but I just don't get it.:confused:
I hope they let the public know the real reason he did it. He has to be half nuts, thats a given... Did someone tell him to do it? Is he taking the fall for someone else? The truth may not turn out to be anything the public will like. Makes me wonder if the Police would hide it if the truth would be unpopular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288