Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Constas

Tim Constas Do not go gentle into that good night

IMO, by the time he walks through those prison doors, every inmate there will know what he's done.

2. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Absolutely, everyone will know him long before he even gets sentenced.

Also I read somewhere that he was possibly autistic, can't find it now. Has anyone else heard something similar? And IF that was the case does it affect sentencing in this sort of case in the USA?

mickey2942 and DancingMuse like this.
  3. WiseOwl

WiseOwl Well-Known Member

After the whirlwind of the last couple of days one thing sticks out a mile - the bravery, courage and resourcefulness of Jayme Closs, who is without doubt the most remarkable 13 year-old on the planet. Here's to your future health and happiness Jayme, no-one deserves it more than you.

Katharine, 8paws, Alcina and 18 others like this.
  4. Tim Constas

IHAVENOCLUE, Alcina, Damarna and 10 others like this.
  5. Moonsie

Moonsie Well-Known Member

I am not. I’m just a sleuther that, for better or for worse, got wrapped up in her parents’ murder and her disappearance.

But I am proud of Jayme. Very, very proud. Denise and James raised her well. She is one special kid.

moo.

Traymar, Amonet, floridagrrl and 46 others like this.
  6. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion I think its more that Moonsie sees his/her sleuthing skills are being honed and improving and yes he/she is proud of that as would I be. Isn't that the point of being on this website. Jayme of course is the hero hands down.

Moonsie, abr, LeeAnnB and 12 others like this.
  7. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I recall a poster here randomly suggesting that. I have seen nothing anywhere to suggest that he is and IMO it was just a random comment not based in fact.

pepper 34, Confusion, human and 18 others like this.
  8. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Jayme is well on her way to a life filled with rainbows and unicorns. She will leave this experience behind her and move forward, powerful and strong.

cass523, gitana1, Warwick7 and 2 others like this.
  9. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Barron County Sheriff believes suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance was a 'one-man operation'

January 12, 2019 08:04 AM

The Barron County Sheriff said Saturday morning that as far as authorities have been able to determine so far, the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs ran a "one-man show."

Chris Fitzgerald spoke live in Barron with KSTP's Callan Gray, saying law enforcement spoke with family and friends of 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson Friday.

He was arrested Thursday in Gordon, Wisconsin - shortly after authorities say Jayme was able to escape from a home at which she was being held when Patterson is believed to have been out.

She approached a woman who was walking her dog for help. That woman took Jayme to a neighbor's residence where they called 911. A description Jayme provided led to his arrest a short time later. On Friday, Fitzgerald said it is believed he was out looking for Jayme when law enforcement came in contact with him.

Fitzgerald said Saturday that investigators remain at the home at which Jayme was believed to have been held, still actively searching for clues.

"We know he targeted her," he said of Patterson. "Why he picked her is the million dollar question we're still trying to determine. He had no contact with any of the Closs family that we've been able to determine at this time. Either digitally or physically, or that he knew them."

Jayme was reunited with family members Friday, a moment Fitzgerald said he and many others have been hoping for since October.

"She got to sleep in her own bed last night," he said. "And that was the goal of our operation for the past 88 days. We helped make it come true.

"But really Jayme is the hero here. Her will to survive and escape is what it's all about."

Amonet, 8paws, Alcina and 24 others like this.
  10. Tim Constas

She's a very fortunate young lady.

oceanblueeyes, cass523, kkdj and 4 others like this.
  11. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

I still can't help but feel that something is missing in all this. Where did this guy have visual access to Jayme on a regular basis ? You don't just see a kid once, decide you have to have her, and that the best way to get her is to blast your way into her home, mowing down 2 other people in the process. I'm just not buying that, sorry.

8paws, Alcina, Confusion and 25 others like this.
  12. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Who knows? He is obviously a very dangerous and extremely delusional person. We can be glad that he has been arrested and is in custody.

Maybe he is actually that crazy. Saw this little girl once, and became fixated/obsessed with owning her. That is what I find unsettling about Social media, who knows who is watching? Or what will set off a crazy person.

8paws, CalmSeas, Alcina and 10 others like this.
  13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I posted something similar last night - so glad they are executing those search warrants - link in media thread

14. OTPTarheel2018

OTPTarheel2018 Well-Known Member

Whitepages has a 21 year old JP listed as residing in Haugen, WI and that town is in Barron County, about 20 minutes from
    Barron the town. I'm thinking there's a popular restaurant in Barron that everyone went to on Friday or Saturday...

If you Google JTP in Gordon or Haugen it will show up.

JMO

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, Alcina and 17 others like this.
  15. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't know that he needed any kind of access on a regular basis. It seems that he did not have a job, which means he had time. At some point he made a decision to kidnap a girl, and it looks like he decided that it was best to take one who lived 60-70 miles away.

He must have decided that a rural area was easiest, and it could have started by following a school bus. Once he chose a victim, he may have spent some time watching the family to learn routines. Ultimately, he decided that a blitz attack in the middle of the night was the best option.

8paws, pepper 34, human and 11 others like this.
  16. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

Fitzgerald said investigators found a shotgun at the rural Wisconsin home where Patterson was allegedly keeping Jayme that was consistent with what was used the morning her parents were killed. They’re awaiting lab analysis to confirm that it’s the same weapon. Other weapons were found in the home, he said.

Fitzgerald again noted that Patterson “took great efforts to minimize his forensic footprint at the crime scene,” including shaving his head so as not to leave hair behind. He reiterated that Patterson had no relationship to the Closs family, but did not know why he chose Jayme as his target.

Jayme Closs reunited with family as alleged abductor awaits kidnapping, murder charges in Wisconsin

sorry if this was posted last night, i skipped quite a few pages. BBM answering my own question as to did they recover a gun...

Moonsie, IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws and 12 others like this.
  17. Shelby2

Shelby2 Well-Known Member

Was she a cheerleader? Could he have seen her at a game?
    I wonder if he took pictures of her while he was stalking her.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

If he was careful to minimize his forensic footprint, chances are he was also careful to minimize his digital footprint.

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, CalmSeas and 19 others like this.
  19. Shelby2

Unless he thought he would never get caught. I bet they find lots on his computer.

CalmSeas, human, LeeAnnB and 4 others like this.
  20. Shelby2

A poster here said 'I wouldn't be surprised if he was on the spectrum' . Personally, being the parent of a child on the spectrum I know a little about it and I would be very surprised if he was.

Traymar, Amonet, IHAVENOCLUE and 36 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.