Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying.

kiaatcher likes this.
  2. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

Jenny McCarthy's teen son is -- has his own totally public IG & what not.

human likes this.
  3. human

human Well-Known Member

4. human

human Well-Known Member

5. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

Northeast even?
    Moo

gingerbeard757 likes this.
  6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

IIRC, James Closs had something about Motorcycles on his fb page. Could an interest in motorcycles be a connection? If JTP was into motorcycles that is... I have not seen anything saying he was. Good find anyway crhedBngr. :cool:

7. iscaremyself

iscaremyself Well-Known Member

8. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I actually kinda doubt he’s psychotic. Psychosis includes hallucinations or delusions. Psychotic offenders are usually disorganized, irrational and chaotic. It would be unusual to have a completely clear criminal and mental health history at 21. I don’t think someone experiencing psychosis could have carried off this crime without a trace.

Far more likely he’s a sociopath. They are malicious, detailed, usually very rational people with an utter disregard for anything that doesn’t benefit them in some way. They have no regard for laws or rules. Intelligent and motivated but fail to follow any life plans as they believe if they want something it should just be theirs.

JRW, kareylou, Hereisme and 17 others like this.
  9. HavenWood

HavenWood Well-Known Member

That person also mentions having a mother in law who lives in Ladysmith and says he lives in Fargo ... so I don't think it's him.

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I just absolutely love seeing "FOUND ALIVE" next to Jayme's name.
    It's unbelievable. I stopped opening her thread because I was afraid I'd never see "FOUND" so it's amazing to see "FOUND ALIVE" everytime!

11. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

Go you!
    You are paying attention.
    The people I know, I doubt are.
    IMO

12. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

It’s been reported that he was intelligent and got good grades in school. I’m not sure he was talking to Jayme at all (obviously) but I don’t believe he was a dumb guy. Quite the contrary.

13. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting up the link. Poor girl, but very brave also under the circumstances.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Probably bad reporting. It's been reported elsewhere that father "paid off the mortgage."

ETA: Confirming no property transfer-- mortgage was paid off.
    Documents show mortgage of cabin released following abduction

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    kareylou, Lucyray, bbbd4u and 19 others like this.
  15. Byte

Byte Well-Known Member

If he has autism it's more of an anecdote than a reason for doing what he did. Autism, which is a spectrum disorder meaning that two people with autism can have a completely different severity, doesn't cause violence. There have been many studies looking into the link between autism and violence and the majority have been inconclusive or had pointed to different reasoning still related to autism-
    It could be similar to Elliot Rodgers who was claimed to have been diagnosed with Asperger's and as such couldn't communicate well which snowballed in him going on a spree killing because he believed the world was unfair and he'd always be alone. But saying autism was the cause would be the same as saying that Dahmer killed because of his BDP, which while it contributed to his thoughts and reasoning, was just a small factor that typically doesn't lead to the escalation to murder.

That being said, I don't think the perp even had autism, because autism appears from birth and one of the biggest signs is the inability to form friendships in school- something that contradicts what his teacher said about him having a circle of good friends. Going through the DSM-5 and looking at different mental illnesses trying to pinpoint an explanation for why he did what he did isn't helpful as the person in question needs to questioned by a psychologist and throwing random mental illnesses at the wall just promotes the concept that mentally ill people are dangerous.

16. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

Quick reminder, we do not allow any type of fundraising links unless the links have been approved by Websleuths management.

This thread will be closed shortly with a new thread opening.

17. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

I agree with you, my inclination would be to use the word sociopath. But the terminology seem to be changing from when I learned it, so I was trying to go with the newer terminology. I think the DSM terminology is antisocial personality disorder, but what can I say I took psych in the 70s... they keep changing terminology. I am referring to traits like NO conscience, and NO empathy.

Bravo, Jim_M, oceanblueeyes and 3 others like this.
  18. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thread #37 is open for posting.

This thread is now closed.

Gardener1850, byo, Jax49 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.