Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I think it will eventually come out that living as a teenager with little parenting or socialization, no goals or activities such as school or work or hobbies or friends, and all day to engage in psycho fantasies with nothing grounding him, he developed an obsession with kidnapping a young girl. I think it'll come out that he purposely started looking some distance away to reduce the chances of being caught which led him to Barron, a place he had spent some time and was at least somewhat familiar with. I think he saw Jayme somewhere, I can't guess where, maybe getting on or off the bus, or at a dance recital, or at cross country practice, and focused on her. Why her instead of any other 13 year old, only he knows. I think he studied the house for some period of time and established that there were two other adults there and apparently no surveillance. Then, I think he made his move, knowing that to kidnap her, he would have to kill both of her parents. That would be the quickest way. I don't think there is any other connection.

Sadly, he was very lucky in several respects, to be able to pull it off as he did, and for so long. Without Jayme's bravery, I think it would have gone on indefinitely.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

2. Tink56

Tink56 Well-Known Member

Becky's School of Dance says Jamey attended classes in their facility.
    There's also a place called Tactical Escape 101, a gaming facility in the same center.
    Maybe

Becky's School of Dance

Google Maps

3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Great post. Very nicely said..all of it. A sad but true reality. Also a joyful reality that Jayme survived and she is now safe.

4. Pharmasgirl

Pharmasgirl Active Member

I lived in Gordon for 30 yrs; 7 yrs in the ECA. With no proper winter clothes or footwear, walking around in an area she’s never been, she could have gone from house to house & never found anyone to help. There are VERY few year round residents in that area. I hesitate to think what the outcome could have been. The angels surrounded her that night

Traymar, Moonsie, JaelynKL and 50 others like this.
  5. WiscoDetect

WiscoDetect Active Member

Via Marple, human, cass523 and 17 others like this.
  6. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I just don’t think it is that weird that a guy like this sat around plotting his crime. He seemed to not do much else, a loner, had vehicles, guns, a hide-out etc...and all the time to plan his perfect crime. Maybe he got the idea from some online fantasy world, who knows. School shooters don’t always have a background of smaller crimes...they just bust out with their one grand plan. He is like that, imo.

8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

It will take time. Recovering will be a slow and steady process, with tiny steps forward and giant steps back as well. I bet she was afraid to try an escape as well, but she mustered up her courage, in freezing temps, not even knowing where she was, and went for it. I'm hoping and trusting that she will make it through and be a true survivor.

Flurries, Megnut, Via Marple and 11 others like this.
  9. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

TimesEight and DancingMuse like this.
  10. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If this was me...I would want to start over, new name, new look, new city...I know I could not handle being “that girl” for the rest of my life. But that is my totally personal reaction as an introvert, which I have always pretty much been. Living in a small town after this ordeal would have been imposible for me.

But it could be the opposite for Jayme, in that maybe people will “get over it” once the media is gone and just allow her to fit back in. I am sure their intentions will be the best. It is just with media and internet, it seems impossible that it will ever go away. Elizabeth Smart is many different things now, mother, wife, professional, but is still known as the girl who was kidnapped and abused for nearly a year...bless her heart. I could not be that person. Jmo

11. NFYIAMY

NFYIAMY Verified Expert

I'm sure this has already been addressed but I'm still trying to figure out what his money source was? It appears his parents are alive (so no inheritance) - he had a house and vehicles. Those vehicles had gas in them - and clearly they were eating during this period of time. Were the utilities on? How did he get so set up at 21/22 years old with no job??

12. Cher352

Cher352 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to that segment. That is the only place I have seen a clip of the car he was driving when arrested.

13. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

It was on the 48 Hour Special
    Around the 7:20 mark in this preview of the aired show

Jayme Closs Comes Home - A "48 Hours" special - CBS News[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, this is good to know. I watched 48 hrs last night but I missed that. Must have been my trip to the kitchen for a snack.

cass523, DancingMuse, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

This Becky's School of Dance is much closer to her house. DO we know that she traveled to Rice Lake for these classes?

ETA I believe one of her aunts lives in Rice Lake so it is possible. I'm just wondering which studio she would have attended.

Google Maps

Laughing, DancingMuse and LAhiker like this.
  15. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

He could make $ online.

Wild Rose, human, Sjm_qc and 6 others like this.
  16. ArizonaNative

ArizonaNative Active Member

NO conscience, NO empathy can also develop after traumatic events. I would not be surprised if it comes out that he’s been sexually assaulted.

BlinkOfAnI, Wrenny, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  17. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

I got the feeling maybe he made money from fixing or selling cars/parts. Also, maybe he made money renting his home for short periods of time. I read people now and then would come over while he was out. Funny though since no one seems to know who he was in this town, who did he have over? JMO

18. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

He took Jayme but he wasn’t able to take her spirit. You can see it still shining bright in her eyes in that news special.

I wish it had cc for deaf.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  19. Marah

Marah Active Member

Do we know the distance she traveled when she met the dog walker? how far did they then travel to the house they called 911 at? I know it was 8 minutes and that she wasn't able to walk fast as it was slippery.
    Is the dog walker a resident or a vacationer? Where is her house.

20. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

The Sheriff said there was power and water at the home. There aren't a ton of details yet but there should be more revealed at the PC tomorrow.

Some have speculated that he may have sold drugs, I personally don't believe that. I think it would have brought way too much attention to the home and in such a small town a 'drug dealer' would have been known to the locals. Nobody seems to even know that he was living there at the time this all happened.

Moonsie, Sjm_qc, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.