Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the thread... does anyone know whether there was an internet connection between the two? Wondering, since there didn’t seem to be any other outward connection.

Authorities as well has Jayme's Grandfather have said no connection whatsoever that can be established, specifically in many articles and posts with regard to internet connection.

If he had been watching the family for awhile, wouldn’t he have picked up on a time when Jamie was there with only one parent? Why would he choose a time where he had to kill both parents?
We don't know for sure how long he'd targeted Jamye. Maybe it was part of his twisted plan to go in guns blazing, killing Denise and James to intimidate and traumatize Jayme. Who can ever understand why these nut jobs do what they do?

Some of my thoughts on JP and this case:
He had to be making money somehow to be able to put gas in his car. We don't know if his father paid to keep the power on at the cabin, but that makes sense to me. And maybe Dad gave him money to keep him afloat while he "looked for a job." He also could have been breaking into homes to sell stuff, and of course, the possibility of dealing drugs. I think the drugs is a good possibility and the "friends" who came over were just people buying. He's known for being quiet, so not a social butterfly.

About the murders, LE said the parents were a barrier. I think he planned on killing them from the first. He never intended to just take Jayme, he WANTED to kill her parents. He probably hates his own parents. This might be why he lived apart from them when he had no visible means of support. Maybe they were afraid of him.

I don't think anything about this was random, before or after. He planned everything out as far as he was able to do. To go to the length of shaving his head, and of course, armed. It was noted that he previously had a shaved head. Was he committing crimes back then like B&E? I still think he may have broken into the Closs home before the crime, looked around, knew the layout of the house, maybe even saw pics of Jayme then. He would have been able to tell how many people were in the home and who they were. Then he watched them to find out their schedules. Of course, Jayme's schedule might have been posted on a calendar somewhere.

I also do not think this was in any way romantic idea that he was saving her from her parents and she would fall in love with him. That's just not how a guy like this thinks. He may have hated her for having parents who loved her. He wanted to destroy that and control her. And let her live at his whim.

MOO.

Now that the perp has been captured....still wondering about gut feeling some of family members had...is there still danger present..

Some of my thoughts on JP and this case:
He had to be making money somehow to be able to put gas in his car. We don't know if his father paid to keep the power on at the cabin, but that makes sense to me. And maybe Dad gave him money to keep him afloat while he "looked for a job." He also could have been breaking into homes to sell stuff, and of course, the possibility of dealing drugs. I think the drugs is a good possibility and the "friends" who came over were just people buying. He's known for being quiet, so not a social butterfly.

About the murders, LE said the parents were a barrier. I think he planned on killing them from the first. He never intended to just take Jayme, he WANTED to kill her parents. He probably hates his own parents. This might be why he lived apart from them when he had no visible means of support. Maybe they were afraid of him.

I don't think anything about this was random, before or after. He planned everything out as far as he was able to do. To go to the length of shaving his head, and of course, armed. It was noted that he previously had a shaved head. Was he committing crimes back then like B&E? I still think he may have broken into the Closs home before the crime, looked around, knew the layout of the house, maybe even saw pics of Jayme then. He would have been able to tell how many people were in the home and who they were. Then he watched them to find out their schedules. Of course, Jayme's schedule might have been posted on a calendar somewhere.

I also do not think this was in any way romantic idea that he was saving her from her parents and she would fall in love with him. That's just not how a guy like this thinks. He may have hated her for having parents who loved her. He wanted to destroy that and control her. And let her live at his whim.

MOO.
Great post!

There is a good overhead picture of the 3 houses here. According interviews the dog walker said she was at the end of her drive that is in between the JP's, house an the K's house that she took Jayme to. The dog walker is only a part time resident and was only there for the weekend.
'The will of a 13-year-old girl is what broke this case': Cops praise brave Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online

It looks like there are quite a few houses nearby, although we know that many of them were vacant. I'm surprised that JP didn't just follow her tracks in the snow to find her.

upload_2019-1-13_8-43-49.png

He could make $ online.

You could make money thousand ways online, freelance work, teaching gamers,software help, write code.... how he made money is one of 10 questions about this family....

1. How was he supported or making money
2. Was he currently on any medications
3. What cars were at the house/were they in his name.
4. <modsnip>
5. Did his parents ever know the closs family and did his parents ever work @ jenni o
6. Was he adopted or were all family children adopted.
7. <modsnip: sleuthing non POI/suspect not allowed>
8. What age did children start to live there by themselves.
9. Who paid for Shotgun/handgun.
10. When was ammo purchased for the crimes.

Have more than this... but it’s been stated he’s not talking.., i doubt he ever talks unless he gets perks in the greybar Hilton as a trade off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayme Closs: Investigators tracking down movements of kidnap suspect - CNN

Investigators piece together what happened in 3 months of Jayme Closs' captivity
Updated 8:30 AM ET, Sun January 13, 2019

(CNN)As Jayme Closs starts her road to recovery following her kidnapping, investigators are trying to piece together what happened during the nearly three months she was in captivity.

Jake Patterson, 21, is accused of shooting and killing Jayme's parents before abducting the 13-year-old from her northwestern Wisconsin home on October 15. Her abduction led to a search that ended Thursday when she was found alive -- and Patterson was arrested -- about 70 miles from her home.
"Well, right now we're looking for 88 days of evidence," Fitzgerald said. "So, we're looking for receipts, where the suspect may have been over the last 88 days. Did he take things with her? Did she go with him to the store? Did he buy clothes for her? Did he buy food?" he said.

Investigators also don't know the conditions under which she was kept in the cabin in the remote Wisconsin community of Gordon or how she escaped. It appeared Patterson hid her from his friends and other people, the sheriff said without elaborating.
"All I know is that she was able to get out of that house and get help and the people recognized her as Jayme Closs right away," Fitzgerald said.
Detectives will keep talking to Jayme, but at her own pace, to get more details to help in their investigation.
"When she wants information, we'll give it to her; and when she wants to tell us things, we'll take it from her," he said.

Jayme was the target, police say
Patterson went to the Closs home outside Barron, Wisconsin, with the intention of taking Jayme, Fitzgerald said.
"We believe Jayme was the target, and he was getting rid of possible barriers to taking her," Fitzgerald said.

What's unclear, however, is how and why Patterson -- from the remote community of Gordon, two counties from Barron -- allegedly chose Jayme for kidnapping.
The sheriff calls it "a very well-planned out attack." As an example, Fitzgerald said Patterson shaved his head to avoid leaving any hair as evidence during the assault.
There's no evidence Patterson knew the Closses or had previous contact with them, the sheriff said.
Nearly three years ago, Patterson worked for one day at the same meat products facility where Jayme's parents worked -- the Jennie-O Turkey Store plant in Barron. Patterson quit, saying he was moving from the area, according to the company.

Authorities have said they don't believe Patterson crossed paths with Jayme's parents there. Investigators are trying to determine whether he worked at another job in the area.
The same night authorities discovered Jayme missing three months ago, police found her parents James and Denise Closs shot dead in their home.

.......more of what we already know is at link

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-13_7-42-8.gif
    upload_2019-1-13_7-42-8.gif
    57 bytes · Views: 44
    57 bytes · Views: 22
    57 bytes · Views: 13
    57 bytes · Views: 14
    57 bytes · Views: 15
    57 bytes · Views: 14
    57 bytes · Views: 24
Now that the perp has been captured....still wondering about gut feeling some of family members had...is there still danger present..
BBM
I'm not sure what this means? I think JP acted alone in the abduction and the Sheriff said they're not looking at any other suspects at this time.

If he had been watching the family for awhile, wouldn’t he have picked up on a time when Jamie was there with only one parent? Why would he choose a time where he had to kill both parents?
I think I read that both of her parents worked at the turkey store for 27 years which would lead me to believe they both worked the first shift. I have no way of knowing because the day of the murders JC and her mom attended a birthday party and her father was working. The party was on a Sunday though, so he was probably working overtime. Just speculating here.

In reading more about this case I sadly think this is all going to be about a fantasy world that this monster lived in. He doesn't really have an online presence, I don't believe there's anything that substantiates a long term stalking situation, I think this is just a fantasy he had. The fact that JC was unkempt when she was found indicates to me that he didn't know what to do with her once he got her. Mark Fuhrman early on said he felt that the mother was the target, I agree in part. I think the family was the target, I think he fantasized about taking out a family and stealing a child, in a military style operation. He did that, but once he got Jayme to his home I don't think he had planned for how to keep her, I'll bet she wore his clothes because he hadn't planned for that. He may have watched LE to plan this out, but I really think he chose his victim relatively close to Oct 15th.

You could make money thousand ways online, freelance work, teaching gamers,software help, write code.... how he made money is one of 10 questions about this family....

1. How was he supported or making money
2. Was he currently in any medications
3. What cars were at the house/were they in his name.
4. <modsnip>
5. Did his parents ever know the closs family and did his parents ever work @ jenni o
6. Was he adopted or were all family children adopted.
7. <modsnip: sleuthing non POI/suspect now allowed>
8. What age did children start to live there by themselves.
9. Who paid for Shotgun/handgun.
10. When was ammo purchased for the crimes.

Have more than this... but it’s been stated he’s not talking.., i doubt he ever talks unless he gets perks in the greybar Hilton as a trade off...

These are good questions and I hope we'll get answers to some of them :)

#5 I think has been answered in the past threads though. The Closs family never knew JTP's family. It's why everyone is trying to figure out how/why Jamie was targeted when neither family knew each other.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO because he wanted both parents out of the way - they were a hindrance to him getting Jayme. He probably wanted to manipulate her into having to rely on him after he killed James and Denise.

On shaving his head, he does have very short hair in the photos we've seen, and according to classmates, started keeping it short in high school, I believe. What I took the sheriff's comment to mean is that he shaved his head completely, not just super-short, before the crime. If you look at his mugshot, his hair has what could be 3 months' growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288