Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pennysmom1

Pennysmom1 Well-Known Member

Paul Blume on Twitter

Complaint says defendant Jake Patterson confessed to killing James & Denise Closs as well as the kidnapping. Prosecutors alleged he worked out of town. Stopped behind school bus and saw #JaymeCloss. Told authorities he just knew Jayme was the girl "he was going to take.'

PommyMommy, Sjm_qc, gitana1 and 3 others like this.
  2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Kristen Barbaresi on Twitter
    MORE: According to criminal complaint, James and Denise Closs were both shot in the head. Evidence indicates Denise attempted to barricade herself in the bathroom and the suspect kicked in the door and shot her. #JaymeCloss

compass, Sunny123, kakadu and 14 others like this.
  3. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

My daughter is getting off the bus in 2 hours. She is 13. I feel sick.

Traymar, kakadu, Tealgrove and 34 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

Paul Blume on Twitter
    Jake Patterson says he kept #JaymeCloss captive under his bed & left his home on multiple occasions including to attend family Xmas in Superior.

Paul Blume on Twitter
    Jake Patterson reportedly told investigators he went to the Closs family home multiple x before pulling off his plan. Both prior times scared off by lights, people, cars in driveway.

Paul Blume on Twitter
    Complaint says defendant Jake Patterson confessed to killing James & Denise Closs as well as the kidnapping. Prosecutors alleged he worked out of town. Stopped behind school bus and saw #JaymeCloss. Told authorities he just knew Jayme was the girl "he was going to take.'

5. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Thank you. These details are hard to read about what thirteen-year-old Jayme went through.

6. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

1987, human, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
  7. jojowood

jojowood Active Member

Poor Jayme. :(

Ibiz, PommyMommy, 24Roses and 8 others like this.
  8. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

He forced her own mother to gag her, then forced Jayme to witness the murder of her own mother? That's just pure evil, with no possible rationale/defense of "delusional" to offer up.

9. Celt1997

Celt1997 Well-Known Member

The part where she could hear the police sirens passing them while she was in the trunk is terribly heartbreaking.

Traymar, libraryg, Sunny123 and 40 others like this.
  10. kebdal23

kebdal23 Well-Known Member

I am sick. This is way worse than I ever imagined. That poor sweet girl, my heart is just breaking for the whole family.

11. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

12. PommyMommy

Lou Raguse on Twitter
    Complaint: On the night of the crime, Patterson stole license plates off another car and put them on his. He disconnected the dome light and trunk lights. He brought his dad's pump 12 gauge shotgun because he thought they were most difficult to trace. #JaymeCloss

Criminal complaint against suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance released
    January 14, 2019 12:54 PM

The criminal complaint against the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs and the murder of her parents has been filed in Barron County, Wisconsin.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, is due to make his first court appearance later Monday afternoon.

The complaint states he is charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary.

13. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Deleted-duplicated another post

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Jo in Calif likes this.
  14. PommyMommy

Lou Raguse on Twitter
    Complaint: Patterson said James Closs looked through a window and said, "Show me your badge," assuming he might be police. He shot James through the window next to the door. Then shot the door to enter the house. #JaymeCloss

ChiCricket, libraryg, Jabarn and 17 others like this.
  15. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

Same for my almost 12 year old. Not quite sure how to protect her from something like this other than maybe putting up security cameras.
    Something like this happening is a parent's worst nightmare.

16. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Remove as much of the mystique as possible without giving away too much, allowing fewer "stories" to mushroom and stomp them out with positivity. I grew up in a small town.

BrownRice, MsBetsy and Mimi in London like this.
  17. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

deleted by me. Same is posted by others

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    mjp1228, Sjm_qc, 24Roses and 7 others like this.
  18. PommyMommy

Complaint: Suspect chose Jayme when saw her on bus
    A criminal complaint says a Wisconsin man accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs spotted her getting on a school bus one day and made up his mind to take her.

[​IMG]
    Jake Thomas Patterson was charged Monday with kidnapping and with killing Jayme's parents. The criminal complaint says Patterson told investigators he was driving to his job at a cheese factory one day near Almena, Wisconsin, when he stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on.

The complaint quotes Patterson as saying when he saw Jayme, "He knew that was the girl he was going to take."

The complaint says Patterson went to the Closs home twice with the intent of taking Jayme but was unable to do so because too many people were around before he was able to kidnap her.

Jake Thomas Patterson was arrested Thursday after Jayme apparently escaped from a remote northwestern Wisconsin cabin where she says she was held.

Investigators say the 21-year-old man broke into James and Denise Closs' home near Barron, Wisconsin on Oct. 15 by blowing the front door open with a shotgun. Jayme's parents were shot to death and the teenager vanished the same day.

compass, MCDRAW, BrownRice and 6 others like this.
  19. bellyup

bellyup "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme

This honestly depends on the family and social workers initially involved.

Typically, a victim is assigned a victims advocate and/or social worker who becomes integral in advising services (counseling / therapy / family meetings, etc). I’ll be honest, there are some really good social workers that become part of the family, there are some families that reject them which can cause delays and quality of service issues and there are some that just aren’t good at their jobs.

I would hope that Jayme was assigned the best of the best.

Initially though, they would give Jayme recovery time that is mostly steered by her. Once she starts expressing interest in returning to school, or doing more every day activities etc. is when they’ll start being a little more insistent on speaking with trauma counselors. Also, if an amount of time passes (2-4 weeks is my experience ) and she’s NOT talking about those things or seems withdrawn or disinterested they would also intervene.

LE will likely start looking for her to talk to them within 7-10 days max if she hasn’t already. This will likely be done by a special officer trained in dealing with traumatized children. Likely in her home on her terms as much as possible and in small doses. This part is often tricky bc police need information but pressuring can be re-traumatizing.

The one thing that concerned me was the school saying they are ready for her return. They are not. They can’t possibly be. And in my opinion it was * absurd* to put that out there only days after her recovery. I hope Jayme doesn’t see it or feel pressured to return quickly if she’s not ready.

ChiCricket, JDough, libraryg and 15 others like this.
  20. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I'm so incredibly sad for Denise and James. She got to hold her daughter one last time before her life was taken. Praying hard for peace and comfort for two incredible parents who should have been able to see their daughter again and have been denied that. So very very sorry for Denise and James.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.