Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

“Earlier Sunday, one of the women helping Jayme and the Closs family get through this dark time talked about their bond and her wish for Jayme.

"This family has always had this amazing strength, they've always been there for each other long before this happened," she said. "I want Jayme to be able to draw the line in the sand and be at that line starting forward today and if I could wish anything on her it's that she'd never have to go back through this again ever."“

2. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

I use acetone and qtips to clean my weed pipes.

ChiCricket, kareylou, mimi56 and 16 others like this.
  3. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

4. chili367

chili367 Well-Known Member

What details? A late-model, maybe burgundy, make and model unknown vehicle?

Edit: Didn't have all the info -- this is an excellent question as to why this info was held back.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  5. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I know. It's incredible. She KNEW her parents were dead. Her world gone. Yet despite this she had the will to survive and remained determined for 88 days to do so.

She's not a military POW. She's an innocent, sheltered 13 year old kid! And still endured!

Amazed. I'm so in awe.

6. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Utter nightmare. The details of what happened inside that house the night of Jayme's abduction are really sickening and disturbing and so very sad.

And then to read that she was kept underneath a TWIN sized bed for up to 12 hours at a time with nothing to eat or drink etc., how torturous and terrifying.

HE told authorities when he saw her at the school bus he "knew she was the one". That comment makes me really wonder about for how long he had been harboring a desire to kidnap and/or murder. Maybe for years???? .... Twisted ***. !!!

7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

libraryg, Catty33, JCzMum and 12 others like this.
  8. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I definitely read that, too. It was in one of the first articles, maybe an interview with the dog walker.

MassGuy likes this.
  9. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

I knew what happened in the Closs home was going to be bad but I am somewhat in shock reading about it and how Patterson prepped and carried out attack.

I'm a pretty unemotional guy; who has been called Spock because I don't rattle easily, but I had tears in my eyes by the time I was done reading.

If Jayme hadn't escaped it is probable Patterson would of gotten away with it and gone on to do it again. He needs to be removed from society forever.

Just stunned.

Traymar, Moonsie, ChiCricket and 31 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

He probably hadn’t though that far ahead.

He’s certainly impulsive, but he was able to slow down and develop a coherent plan.

This guy was probably living day to day, and hadn’t thought much about what was going to happen in the future.

11. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

WOW! What a perfect world that would be..

PommyMommy likes this.
  12. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

He said he shaved his head and face (p. 8).

13. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

I taught high school for 27 years. I have had students that fit the descriptions of Jake made by former classmates. Jake has been described as a loner, few friends, eats in the cafeteria alone, doesn’t want to take group pictures, short one word responses, if any, and no real interactions with classmates or teachers. He even physically resembles a few of those loner students. Although I would always do my best to engage them on some level, I was seldom able to do so. Some were successful academically, some not so much.
    Please do not think I am lumping all these kids with Jake. I am not. I am just sharing my experience with young loner types.
    I know murderers come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. I guess my point is WHAT in the world made Jake Patterson do this? How did this plan formulate in his sick head?
    My heart goes out to Jayme and her family. They have a long road ahead of them.

libraryg, kakadu, HarvestMoon and 9 others like this.
  14. elektroangel

elektroangel Well-Known Member

or that he told denise to hang up the 911 call.

15. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

Wonder if that theft was reported and followed up.. It's innocuous in its own right but also would of helped him conceal if there was video evidence..

16. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

The Closs family did everything right. Everything.
    This is haunting.

17. Ellie1

Ellie1 Well-Known Member

I would guess that's because he physically hurt her when he felt out of control of her. He wanted to tell them all about the events where he was in control of her (and her parents). He seems quite proud of himself, giving all the details about his planning. Saying he would have gotten away with it if he'd "planned better".

May he feel forever shamed that all of his planning was outsmarted by a brave little girl. And may he be absolutely destroyed in prison by some other sadistic sociopath. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Death is too good for him.

ChiCricket, kae27, kakadu and 10 others like this.
  18. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

These monsters deserve the same treatment they give to their victims

Lorelei1, DancingMuse, Ellie1 and 2 others like this.
  19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

“Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle.”

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I thought it was officially reported early on that no vehicles were seen on the road by LE?

Traymar, squiggy241, kae27 and 26 others like this.
  20. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Taking a breath. *just breathe* Wow. I think he is basking in being proud of himself. Too bad no DP in Wisconsin. He needs to never see the light of day again. Ever.

All this time, since the beginning, so much dissecting and here we have it. Here are the long sought and much debated details of what went down and yet, I am just empty reading what this family has gone through. Sigh. :(

Sjm_qc, Gardener1850, gitana1 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.