Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Those people you mentioned, meet the definition of “mass murderers.”

Although those people had a particular target group, they are no different from mass murderers who target other groups.

The psychology is the same.

The grievance is different.

These people all share similar characteristics, and do not plan to get away with their crimes.

Most of them will take their own lives, but some do surrender peacefully.

This wasn’t that.

There is no evidence that JB was a member of a group like that, or was fueled by the collective hate that those people perpetuate.

He is likely a sociopath, whose reasons for committing this crime were his alone.

This was not a cultural thing, it was a personal one.

JonBye, MrsM, crhedBngr and 15 others like this.

2. katsrfun

katsrfun Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Isn't this the best, other than her being traumatized by this assh---. I couldn't be happier for this poor, devastated little girl. I think her parents were watching from above, along with God, and tried to direct everything to keep her safe.

I hate to sound stupid (and I know I could google, but know I will get better info from you guys, and maybe some direction to search with regards to read, but what is the incel movement. I must admit I have never heard of it. Thank you for anyone who will answer my question. Katt

3. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your family's personal experience. We like to think of Amy whose agile mind enabled a quick intervention, yet we don't speak of those at the call center who had to take Denise's call.

It takes a *very* special sort of human to do this work, a lot of training and learning. This line of work definitely tales a toll, as all emergency service providers can attest to.

4. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Really? There are 3 as far as I can see and none of them are a dark red Taurus. Did I miss something?

ilovechili, Alcina, human and 6 others like this.
  5. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

Good comments & good questions! As I was listening to the 29 minute 911 call (made from the K’s house), I too wondered what the dispatcher was doing, what the knocking noise was... and especially what was taking LE soooo long to get to the K’s house, where Jayme was after her escape!

6. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I, personally, don’t read bragging in his statements to police. I read cold, detached and disassociated. I saw that in his face at the hearing today.

That type of “flat” disposition comes from somewhere. It’s not really something you develop overnight. Most commonly from mental illness combined with abuse or a traumatic experience.

IMO the short stint in bootcamp broke a guy who was already mentally struggling. Add on extreme isolation once coming home and it reads like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I have a firm belief that nothing will drive someone crazier faster than prolonged isolation or osterization. I won’t be surprised if we hear about an extreme shift in personality and behaviors once he arrived back home.

Not excusing the guy. Just giving my opinion on “how it gets to this point”.

Karmardav, Ellmau, pepper 34 and 18 others like this.
  7. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

I saw a clip of the attorneys on my local news tonight and they stated that they have had cases with much more evidence against their clients get dismissed....................here we go

8. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Well, to their credit, they kept the word out. I really think they literally had nothing to go on. However, I think if they would have released info about the Ford Taurus they might have gotten something. I still can't understand why they didn't. I would like that answered by them.

9. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Agree. It’s wishful thinking... but 90 days is much better then 2 yrs plus..

She was still with it and brave enough to bolt...

John McCain was what 4 yrs in POW set up... did pretty well...
    Some people are just hella tough... hope that’s what we got here...

I can only imagine when she’s 19/20 and people don’t instantly recognize her it will be boatload easier..

Ellmau, kkdj, Sjm_qc and 5 others like this.
  10. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

I firmly agree with you on all points.

11. justwannahelp

justwannahelp Well-Known Member

I would avoid discussing incel forums here. It does not apply to this case. I don’t recall any absolute direct links to incel forums and killers at all and there’s definitely no link to this case. It seems every time a girl is killed someone brings up incels. Until there is a proven link, I don’t think it
    should be discussed here. But that’s just my opinion. I am not going to debate anyone on it.

12. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Never seen anything officially about a Taurus??

MsBetsy likes this.
  13. HavenWood

HavenWood Well-Known Member

Reading the complaint file was heartbreaking. That poor girl ... what a nightmare.
    One of the things that really got me too, was the fact that the police only JUST missed him as he left the house with Jayme in the trunk. What a tragedy of timing. Although if they had caught him at that point, it might have ended up with him still escaping, but with dead police officers as well.
    It's just such a horrific story all round.

Edit - sorry can't figure out how to post the image, but in his confession he said that he had only been driving for what the thought to be 20 seconds from the house, when he yeilded to the police cars on their way to the house.

[​IMG]

kakadu, ilovechili, callyn and 3 others like this.
  14. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I saw that too. Geez! What might they have in mind and in their conscience to try get this maniac back out on the streets?

ab01, Confusion, margarita25 and 5 others like this.
  15. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.

16. elektroangel

elektroangel Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I commend all those who do this line of work. I would never be able to remain calm. I am too easily emotional. I grew up watching/listening to Rescue 911. Totally dating myself with that one, but all those dispatchers maintained their composure no matter the nature of the call. Definitely special people in that line of work.

17. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

Bumping this.

18. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

The ironic part is that the number 8 turned sideways is the symbol for infinity.

88 days holding a girl hostage after killing her parents might be considered by some spiritual people as being an infinite time of punishment in the afterlife, I'm not sure.

Lavender Moon and MsBetsy like this.
  19. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

The County seat (hub) is Superior, WI which is quite a distance from Gordon, WI. No surprise at all that it took the time it did to arrive there . . . Google Maps

Sjm_qc, kkdj, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  20. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

I thought i read the mod. say it wasn't a topic for discussion here?

BlinkOfAnI, crhedBngr, mrsc72 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.