Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, personally, don’t read bragging in his statements to police. I read cold, detached and disassociated. I saw that in his face at the hearing today.

That type of “flat” disposition comes from somewhere. It’s not really something you develop overnight. Most commonly from mental illness combined with abuse or a traumatic experience.

IMO the short stint in bootcamp broke a guy who was already mentally struggling. Add on extreme isolation once coming home and it reads like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I have a firm belief that nothing will drive someone crazier faster than prolonged isolation or osterization. I won’t be surprised if we hear about an extreme shift in personality and behaviors once he arrived back home.

Not excusing the guy. Just giving my opinion on “how it gets to this point”.
I’ve seen this flat affect before, from Chris Watts to BTK.

I believe he is a lot like them, a sociopath.

Their crimes are different, but it’s like talking to the same person.

You’re right, it’s not something you develop overnight, but it takes time to really see it.

I also don’t think boot camp “broke him,” I think it merely exposed him.

I think he came home the same way he left, only angrier.

I think he is an evil loser, not mentally ill.

We just see this differently.

Jayne did hear 2 cars with sirens while she was in the trunk but also while she was in the patrol car after being rescued, the patrol car passed him. The female officer driving Jayme called the officer in the car behind her about the red car. The plated were ran so that officer started tailing Jake andcalked for backup. The backup officers were at the Kasinskas and met him to assist. The officers approached him together.

The female officer driving Jayme continues on with Jayme in the car after passing him - rightfully so

So he probably saw JC in the back of the patrol car? I wonder if his eyes bugged out of his head knowing that the gig was up?

I 'm not finding the original poster either.
Apparently they were giving false information for the perp to think they weren't very good at their investigation and therefore making him feel more secure. I think it worked too. I don't think he was worried. I mean, he's smarter than everyone right?
And, if she hadn't escaped he would have gotten away with it. They didn't have a clue about him.

It’s always interesting afterwards to look at potential strategies LE was utilizing over the course of an investigation, as certain things are brought to light.

(I can’t even imagine the conversation we are going to have in Abby's and Libby’s case WHEN that day comes!!)

Last edited:
I saw a clip of the attorneys on my local news tonight and they stated that they have had cases with much more evidence against their clients get dismissed....................here we go

That’s just kind of bonkers. I know they have a job to do and they have to defend his right to a fair trial. But if they have managed to get a judge to dismiss a case with a direct eyewitness to murder who was then held hostage for 3 months before escaping, they are not lawyers, they’re magicians.

Imo.

I, personally, don’t read bragging in his statements to police. I read cold, detached and disassociated. I saw that in his face at the hearing today.

That type of “flat” disposition comes from somewhere. It’s not really something you develop overnight. Most commonly from mental illness combined with abuse or a traumatic experience.

IMO the short stint in bootcamp broke a guy who was already mentally struggling. Add on extreme isolation once coming home and it reads like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I have a firm belief that nothing will drive someone crazier faster than prolonged isolation or osterization. I won’t be surprised if we hear about an extreme shift in personality and behaviors once he arrived back home.

Not excusing the guy. Just giving my opinion on “how it gets to this point”.
Like you, I pointed out a flat affect as well earlier in the thread. That's really all I could see and it is significant.

I am not sure if his problems come from older teen to adult things though. I think he's nearly classic antisocial personality disordered due to being able to kill Jim and Denise point blank, 2 good and innocent people, and then abduct Jayme likely to kill her at some point. I could be wrong, and we may learn a lot as time passes about his extremely disordered criminal thought processes and actions.

Thanks for posting that you noticed his affect too.

You are correct. I really don’t. It’s just a heart warming story from Amy the 991 dispatcher innthjs instance. If I had to choose police officer, paramedic, firefighter, or 911 dispatcher though, I’d choose 911 dispatcher. They’re insulated somewhat. But yes. You make a good point. It’s not all “happy ending” calls.

It's a tough job. You have to be able to remain calm and multitask. Quiet times then craziness. I'm not sure I could do it! But it can be very rewarding.

Listening to the call. I love the dispatcher dealing with the deputy not reading the call -- "I know you're busy..." LOL. No .

Interesting, Jayme says the other people who came to the house didn't know Jake. Did I get that wrong?

He’s about to get a whole new education, where he’s going they don’t take your psychological issues, emotional issues into consideration, he’s about to get that smug wiped right off his face. He’s going into prison as a “youngster.”

Jayne did hear 2 cars with sirens while she was in the trunk but also while she was in the patrol car after being rescued, the patrol car passed him. The female officer driving Jayme called the officer in the car behind her about the red car. The plated were ran so that officer started tailing Jake andcalked for backup. The backup officers were at the Kasinskas and met him to assist. The officers approached him together.

The female officer driving Jayme continues on with Jayme in the car after passing him - rightfully so
Like a scene from a freaking movie!

I saw that too. Geez! What might they have in mind and in their conscience to try get this maniac back out on the streets?
I have a very bad feeling about some things in the complaint that the attorneys are going to perhaps say his statements were coerced or something. The whole 4 minute statement especially seems to me like they were fitting things into a timeline that they created.
Dont know if that makes sense to you but basically saying that if they are going to try to get it dismissed then the statements he made better have actually come from his mouth and not something that was just "suggested" over and over until he agreed

While it's easy to point fingers at JP's parents, I kind of wonder if they thought in comparison with his older brother, JP was the "good son." Sure, he was socially inept and couldn't hold down a job but he wasn't getting in trouble with the law either. It's easy in a family to think of things or people as "normal" when they've always been that way. My guess is this is a total shock to his parents and I agree with other posters who have said they are likely victims in this as well.

It's a tough job. You have to be able to remain calm and multitask. Quiet times then craziness. I'm not sure I could do it! But it can be very rewarding.

Listening to the call. I love the dispatcher dealing with the deputy not reading the call -- "I know you're busy..." LOL. No ****.

Interesting, Jayme says the other people who came to the house didn't know Jake. Did I get that wrong?
I can definitely multitask - I’m a champ at that with 5 kids;)

I recall Jayme saying his friends didn’t know her, but that was Jeanne repeating what Jayme said and it’s possible Jayme said “I didn’t know his friends.” ???
Either way it’s something i noticed too and rewound the call to listen to a couple times

Another thought that came to me as I was typing this. He didn’t pull off his crime until his 3rd attempt. Makes me wonder if this really was his first crime. He had to have things “perfect”.

I don't think he waited until "perfect." I think the 3rd time he was like, I'm going to get her I don't care WHAT the conditions are. That's why he said he was going to kill anyone who was at the house, including children, to get her. Enough screwing around this time I'm ready and I'm going in.

psychopath/sociopath is a personality disorder.

Thank you and I totally agree.
I'm high functioning, so most people can't tell I'm even on the sprectrum.
I even work at a job where I talk to people all the time, but I've learned to adapt and how to manage the sensory overload that comes with the job. I don't make eye contact with people when I have conversations because it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

JP doesn't have autism. And if it turns out he actually does, then I'll eat my words.
I don't even think he has a personality disorder.
He's just a psycho/sociopath.

IMO

I’ve seen this flat affect before, from Chris Watts to BTK.

I believe he is a lot like them, a sociopath.

Their crimes are different, but it’s like talking to the same person.

You’re right, it’s not something you develop overnight, but it takes time to really see it.

I also don’t think boot camp “broke him,” I think it merely exposed him.

I think he came home the same way he left, only angrier.

I think he is an evil loser, not mentally ill.

We just see this differently.

I agree with your words 100%. Classic psychopath. Now, he's at a high risk for suicide. A caught psychopath is one who might strut around at first, then they want out right then, then they realize they have no control over any aspect of their lives and want to die.
Many do accomplish either suicide or goad another prisoner into killing them rather than bend to captivity and loss of autonomy.

We don't hear that much about the suicides, but this type of disorder has a high correlation with suicide attempts, then success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998