Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

2. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

I don’t know what they’d plea down to..
    I’ve always thought most of what he’s doing is to gloat or seek insanity defense...

If he’s playing monopoly by himself while jayme is locked under his bed... I would be fine with insanity if there was 0 chance he ever leaves the facility... or is outside bars...
    Most his actions seem insane... talking about pool of blood like it’s spit juice....

Military 4 weeks
    2 jobs in lasted only day

Clearly most people thought insane..wasn’t just 30 min late to work ...so we know why 2 jobs were terminated?

DancingMuse and Jim_M like this.
  3. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Just spot Jayme... that's it?
    ++++++++++++++++

Yes that's all it took.

Just like that's all it took for other predators.

He did say he cased out the place more than once.

But Jayme was his target from the moment he first saw her.

Imo

TRB, Alcina, MsFacetious and 11 others like this.
  4. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

I read it twice! Then gave it to a good friend and asked her to pass it along .
    Wow.
    It was an eye opener for me!
    Moo

5. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

If no plea deal can be offered then it will go to Trial then is my understanding of how these cases go legally.

6. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Delete OT I am sending pm

7. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

I agree w/ you.
    There were many, many red flags that were overlooked by
    numerous people who had been in his life. IMO.
    His parents, first off, probably knew about his many dysfunctional characteristics. But we don't know his parents
    and maybe they 'excused' them or covered them up or ignored
    them. My guess is the parents just didn't care enough to get
    their son on the right path. So many parents think that once
    the child turns 18 or so, the parent no longer feels responsible
    for them.
    As for the schools, first, High School kids are usually too young
    or inexperienced in life to really see red flags. If he caused
    no disturbances in school, teachers won't see them either.
    Military record- Huge red flag here. Again nobody bothered
    to take this seriously.
    Most of the serious crime perps we can study, all had some red flags but no one took notice or cared to intervene. And most
    definitely came from dysfunctional families.
    moo.

8. loveisthemovement

loveisthemovement Well-Known Member

IMO, the only help Ring would have been in this situation would be to give us a pic/video of the suspect and possibly then aid in identification. Possibly, we could have been sure that he took Jayme alive, if the camera was still functioning during their departure.

Alcina, BrownRice, fackshat and 6 others like this.
  9. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

You read correctly. Don't know why this wasn't released

linus21, DancingMuse, human and 3 others like this.
  10. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

On a fast-moving high-profile case, I always subscribed to the media thread which has no discussion. Most often, somebody has all the relevant information without having to go through media interpretation if we have a 911 call that has been posted. Here is the media thread for this case that has no discussion that might be good to subscribe to if you have not yet.

WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA and when following a high-profile case, I really like it when folks bump a key Media Link or something that folks will want to see that they may have missed versus going back 20 pages and trying to find something. A lot of people apologize for reposting, but I appreciate it very much.

11. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

Dear Noharg,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight and experience with us, concerning the vulnerability of the youngsters you see on a daily basis.

I don't have the experience that you do - in seeing young ones leave the bus, observing some of them make their way home alone - so I appreciate your words!

How I can relate to your observations is that, once in awhile, when I am driving down a street and I see a child walking alone, whose backpack is almost as tall as they are, I find it concerning.

Who doesn't feel a tinge of concern, knowing what we know? Or at least notice?

Thank you again for your message of care and compassion for the children.

Greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  12. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I think Mr. Closs had one of those too. Didn't do him or his family any good!

13. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

IMO, because he knew that he could not post it.

14. Springb16

Springb16 Well-Known Member

I think LE withheld the info about the red car because they were afraid he would kill JC. I think maybe they were going to release the info about the car at the news conference that was scheduled but I think it was probably a good think they didn't release it because it gave JP a false sense of security. He thought he had got away with it in two weeks. I think maybe the FBI profiler said this guy has all ready killed because he didn't want to leave any witnesses and if he(JP) thought they were closing in he would not hesitate to kill JC. I think LE did all they could with the information they had.

IMO

15. chili367

chili367 Well-Known Member

Ha, I know what you mean :)

You can tell from the chatter (starting about 4 minutes in) that there's a big response. I liked the dispatcher's reply of "don't worry, I have plenty of deputies on the way". I imagine nearly every non-engaged deputy who heard the call responded.

At one point you can hear two responders discussing their progress and that one is caught up in some sort of traffic. Near the end you hear one of the (nearly)onscene deputies ask dispatch to remind another deputy to "not come in hot".

16. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I do think that "cased out the place should be used loosely" IMO based on the little evidence that has been release, I think it may be likely that the previous attempts were no more than driving by really slow. I'm sure we will find out more as the case persists and maybe he was actually hiding in the bushes.

TRB, Alcina, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  17. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

As if this wasn’t a horrific murder kidnapping case as it is, can you imagine if there had been more children in the home?

This cold heartless JTP would have slaughtered them all to achieve what he wanted. Thank heavens this was a one child family!

Alcina, MsFacetious, MsBetsy and 7 others like this.
  18. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

Even if someone in your family expresses some characteristics of mental illness, what do you suggest they should do? There is no help for uninsured people in the US. He tried to get into the military, he likely is not disabled enough to file for SSI. If a 21 year old family member can't hold down a job and seems "off" - there is almost nothing you can do. You can't even legally take their firearms. They have done nothing wrong - yet. The only thing you can do is wait for them to break the law so you can get the police involved. That's it.

19. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

But who would have access to all the facets of this person's life, all of the good facts you have outlined above except perhaps parents. But they weren't together for their own reasons and it is my opinion (mother of three young men) that parents are often the last to really recognize that accumulation of facts as something serious and even if they did there really isn't much help out there especially after the age of 18.

TRB, MsFacetious, kittycat3 and 6 others like this.
  20. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

I don’t think people have an issue with LE not stopping the red car en route to the crime scene as they didn’t know beforehand what they were heading into, but rather them not mentioning a red Taurus with its complete description, as stated by the LE who initially recalled seeing it, along with the other cars of interest.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Alcina, linus21, StarEyes and 7 others like this.
  21. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

I agree, I believe they had a reason not to disclose the car info. It has nothing to do with incompetence or bad police work. We don't know everything so I myself will not say anything negative regarding LE

TRB, MrsM, pepper 34 and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.