Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cher352

Cher352 Well-Known Member

Believe it had to be divine intervention. Had she not run into the lady walking her dog JP would have likely found her walking on that road as he arrived shortly and stated to LE he had been out looking for her.

libraryg, Katharine, abr and 12 others like this.

2. singlemom

singlemom Well-Known Member

I think he probably was trying to throw her off by driving around an extra hour so she wouldn't know she was so close to her home. JMO

pepper 34 likes this.
  3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily believing he ever took off the original plates.

ilovechili, tnith, Gardenista and 4 others like this.
  4. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I never said I was! I simply feel it was more than Rubbermaid’s and dumbbells!

5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Why, I do believe we have earned ourselves one!

zecats likes this.
  6. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

7. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Difficult to run and hide when you're leaving footprints in the snow, you have shoes on that don't fit and are on each opposite foot, and it's cold outside. Gives me nightmares thinking about it, if she had not found someone to help her.

8. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

We know Stockholm Syndrome isn't a factor in this case. Nothing in that complaint suggests Jayme received one iota of "controlled freedom" or any kindness whatsoever from the man who shot her father in the face with a shotgun and blew her mother's head off in the bathtub.

We know JC said he became very angry and hit her in the back during those 88 days. He was shoving her under the bed for hours and threatening her. I don't believe he had any intention of being nice to her EVER and it was likely he intended to kill her when he tired of his game of fantasy and control.

JMO

Jabarn, human, MissLaura and 10 others like this.
  9. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

And when he creeped out his gf with a stuffed dead dog head and stuffed roadkill collection... and his bad temper, she dumped him. He then slashed the gf's mother's tires.
    That was when he was in the 9th grade.
    Temper has been an issue for him for several years, it appears.
    Thank God Jayme is now safe.
    (I tried and failed to connect to the nypost article on his fetish with roadkill. Sorry)

10. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

It seems crazy to me that JP thought through so many details of the crime and yet his method of restraint was seriously sub par. Especially when leaving Jayme for long periods.

It's an oversight that we can be thankful for! But it's really bizarre in my opinion. Makes me wonder if he somehow thought that under the bed was "kinder" than a chain or something similar that would have proven more difficult to escape from.

11. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

I think he put her in that particular close space because it was easy for him to do. His bed, his space underneath.
    He didn't have to move her downstairs or bind her tightly as far as we know. The totes and weights were probably old junk from his closet a few feet away.

12. jon70

jon70 Member

If she escaped she would believe that she was farther away than reality

MsBetsy and 1987 like this.
  13. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

14. retiredrickyinCO

retiredrickyinCO Denali Take 1st step tht separates dreaming, doing

Quite honestly I would like to see the dashcam vids of the 3 sheriff's vehicles. Hwy 8 between the Closs place and Barron is all 2 lane. Further west of Closs sometime there is an extra lane. But being it is 2 lane only, when JP yielded to LE he would have pulled off on the shoulder but that is still close enough to get a decent video of the car. JP mentioned 20 seconds before LE and that would not have got him far enough east, into Barron, where the street lights start. But a number of places in Barron, such as the McDonalds, the truck stop, CVS, the Kwik-Trip, (which is always very busy) and I'm sure a bunch more would have cams, just don't know if they would have them on the street, Hwy 8. I'm guessing being he was brave enough to go through Barron he probably just kept going straight east on Hwy 8, about 5 miles, to Hwy 53, a 4 lane going north straight to Gordon. I would guess that going back over all the videos, with what they know now, they would be able to make out JP's car.

ilovechili, LeeAnnB, human and 7 others like this.
  15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yeah. That's where my confusion lies.

I guess it's irrelevant at this point. She escaped. I wonder if it could've helped but unlikely. That guy didn't do anything to make anyone think he could've been the perp and he has a ton of cars on his property, apparently.

8paws, Sjm_qc, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  16. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Unless there were another two random gunshots 20 minutes earlier. Which is doubtful. Imo

ilovechili, human, bizzle2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Tim Constas

Tim Constas Do not go gentle into that good night

I bet they knew the killer would check the news and low and behold, he sees
    two vehicles of interest that don't match his.

gitana1, tnith, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  18. ab01

ab01 Ooh Rah

I'm not sure its a matter of anyone being offended, I think its more like discussions on racism, sexism, religions, gun control.....etc etc etc. The conversations incel/toxic masculinity always start out as civil disscusions and then turn into gender bashing etc. It has been seen on websleuths on multiple cases and always ends in locked threads. MOO

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    abr, MassGuy, Sjm_qc and 10 others like this.
  19. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

To be fair, other than one or two brief statements what occurred in that house in those 88 days aside the method he used to restrain her and her ability or attempts to escape ; pretty much remains a mystery.

I'm on the opposite end of this spectrum. While I suspect that there was plenty of terrorizing I also suspect that there were attempts at "normalcy" or him faking kindness. The monopoly game as an example of this. I don't believe that he ever intended to murder Jayme. He viewed her as his "prize" imo. I think her first escape attempt would have resulted in serious injury if that was his end game.

8paws, ilovechili, Jabarn and 7 others like this.
  20. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.