Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing over this post/reply by bellyup from the last thread:

She/he wrote: "I know that it can be hard to do but my point is that it can be done. The sentiment that "there's nothing families can do" isn't true and unfortunately leads to many people believing that there is nothing they can do so they do nothing.

The reality is that there are resources and state resources aren't the only ones available. There are many privately funded organizations that also provide assistance. They can be difficult to find, difficult to maneuver and difficult to obtain. BUT IT CAN BE DONE. As someone who also works in the field, bringing those resources and encouraging people to seek them out is far more productive than the defeatist "it's hard". The only good thing about easy is that it's easy.

As a side note; I will again reiterate that 211 (phone call from any phone) will connect you with United Ways First Call for Help. Or you can google your city / states number for a website that lists both public and private places you can turn to."

I again, unfortunately have to respond with the reality I see day and and day out in Wisconsin dealing with clients having mental health crises.

I am listed as a resource in the 211 system in Wisconsin for several counties. I cannot tell you how many times I have had people call me that all of the leads that 211 has given them have been dead ends. Even if a psychiatric social worker is dispatched to assess the situation there can be lack of services. Thankfully, sometimes services can be accessed. I could not continue to do the work I do if there was not a way to get help in many cases. HOWEVER, getting appropriate help for someone with anti-social tendencies before they commit a violent act is very difficult. And in my experience, they could be some of the hardest cases to agree to voluntarily accept help because they do not see anything wrong with them. If you are lucky enough to get them into services you have to PRAY that they clinician(s) are on top of their game because when you are dealing with a narcissist, budding sociopath or psychopath they are master manipulators and will run roughshod over any inexperienced clinician. In my opinion all personality disordered clients are extremely difficult to treat. We are failing as a society to work with this population.

All I can say is that as a lawyer I encounter issues with people having mental health problems regularly. With an adult, unless they are actively harming themselves or others or threatening do to do, you can't force treatment.

The reality is stark. Just having an "off" kid or even one with continuous, anti-social behavior enables you to get nothing with regard to involuntary services. And voluntary services are super expensive, typically.

Most people could not fathom that their child with "issues" could be able to do something like this or a mass shooting because they typically don't voice their insane fantasies.

This stuff simply isn't always preventable no matter how much we want that to be true.

Last edited:
Prosecutors have declined to say exactly when Patterson first spotted Jayme, but Vassiadis said he worked at the factory Oct. 3 and 4 and then didn’t show up Oct. 5 and beyond.
“He was a no-show,” the rep said.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper-is-totally-distraught/

I agree with prosecutors because I don't believe JP only saw JC once -- IMO, he'd been stalking her for awhile, that led to his actions.
Okay, you're one of my most respected posters now you've got me thinking on this...is it because LE won't commit to a timeframe and you think JP is lying in his statement?

I wonder where he drove before going to his house . It's only an hour away isn't it?
According to Jayme, her abductor then bundled into the trunk and drove her approximately two hours to the cabin where he would hold her for the next three months until her remarkable escape last week.

Could the fact that he chose his victim waiting for a school bus be intended as a blow (consciously or unconsciously) against his mother, who drives a bus in that very county? Thoughts?

IMO, based only my observations of Jake in court yesterday and also by having read the transcript of the Criminal Complaint, I believe Jake is arrogant and self-confident, violent and cold blooded and very, very, very calculating.

I am of the opinion Jake had been planning or fantasizing about abducting for quite some time, perhaps months or years, before picking Jayme as the one. I believe his plan did include what his exact intentions were for her and what his exit strategy was going to be once he decided the time to exit was right. I do not believe Jake returned to his home and removed Jayme from the trunk and then said to himself "now what?" Nor do I believe he had any intention of wanting someone to play house with.

Given Jake maintains a relationship with his parents and Grandmother and possibly others, regardless of the nature of their relationships, I believe from the get go that Jake calculated out and knew all along that he would only be able to keep Jayme for "awhile", as with time he knew he stood more of a chance of being found out.

I believe Jake had the intention from the get go to eventually kill Jayme and dispose of her remains. Jake has no compassion whatsoever, as one can easily determine by reading the criminal complaint. IMO, Jayme's days were numbered from day one. I also believe Jake loved following the case through the media and took great pride in what he believed "he got away with". I believe he would have disposed of Jayme in a manner that would make it difficult to locate her remains for a long time, if not forever. Or, alternately, he would have disposed of her in away that would allow her remains to be stumbled upon which would allow him several more months of the media discussing Jayme Closs whilst he patted himself on the back gloating about what a mastermind he was and how stupid everyone else was.

And with time I have no doubt he would have been out hunting for his next victim. I believe he would have continued on to be a serial killer/ abductor.

But who knows..............and I am of course only speculating and am expressing my opinion only. Thankfully Jayme escaped, I do believe her days were numbered.

Okay, you're one of my most respected posters now you've got me thinking on this...is it because LE won't commit to a timeframe and you think JP is lying in his statement?

I’ve been considering the idea that JPs “confession” was canned. Ie; He said what police wanted to hear. Im not sure where I stand on that but certain things seem oddly specifically aligned to things said by media and LE prior to his capture.

While some saw the confession as bragging ... the more I read it the more I feel a “cat and mouse” vibe. Could be part of his well thought out plan.

Prosecutors have declined to say exactly when Patterson first spotted Jayme, but Vassiadis said he worked at the factory Oct. 3 and 4 and then didn’t show up Oct. 5 and beyond.
“He was a no-show,” the rep said.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper-is-totally-distraught/

I agree with prosecutors because I don't believe JP only saw JC once -- IMO, he'd been stalking her for awhile, that led to his actions.
Yes. I agree. I'm also not convinced he's telling the truth about just seeing her getting on the school bus and decided she's the one. His mom is/was a school bus driver fwiu and has probably thought about how vulnerable kids are waiting at bus stops. He has now terrified even more parents and children with how he said he decided on Jayme. I think he enjoys the terror he creates in the minds of others. He likes the control. jmo

Last edited:
I never believe an alleged murderer/kidnapper, but acknowledge there can be elements of truth in any statement. I perceive JP as one believing he's smarter than LE, and wants to be in control. His first words to approaching officer were "I did it" -- not to relieve his conscious, but to control the questions, and conversation. It's merely days into the investigation, and too early for me for a complete profile of JP and his activity. And thanks for your courtesy! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288